Follow

Mr. Freeze

Character » Mr. Freeze appears in 1128 issues.

After his wife became terminally ill, Dr. Victor Fries devoted his life to saving her and used cryogenics to freeze her to get time to find a cure. After being attacked by his boss Ferris Boyle and exposed to some of his chemicals, Fries could only survive in sub-zero temperatures and built a special suit to keep himself alive, becoming Mr Freeze.

did mr freeze all way have powers?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

did he? cause if not he has powers now I wish i could Show you but all Of his issues include him having cryo kinetic powers

Example

Touch the floor and without nightwing noticing it directed ice throught the floor and freeze'es him

and through his whole villains month issue he was making everthing frozen without his freeze bazzooka so yeah he has powers now

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SupBatz

Historically, he does not have powers. His freeze gun and knowledge of cryonics were his primary weapons.

In the first annual issue of Snyder's Batman, Freeze was able to have his bare arms exposed. And, as one would expect, they were very cold to the touch and nearly gave Damian frostbite, if I remember correctly.

I haven't read Freeze's Villains' Month issue, but from the way you describe it, I assume that his new "powers" are just taking the idea that Snyder introduced a bit farther.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lifeofvibe

@supbatz: well yeah he touched a guys head and he made it explode it was pretty horrific...

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lifeofvibe

So does this mean nobody cares that he has powers? Because people were complaining about captain cold having powers now what about freeze?

Should i make a poll?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it's less of a stretch for Freeze than it is Cold. Victor had a lab accident which left him transformed. It's not as far a stretch to give him ice powers as it is to give Captain Cold powers, considering he's always just been a normal human with a freeze gun.

That being said, I am not a fan of the idea. Mostly because I don't like that Freeze doesn't need to cover his arms. The logic of that escapes me. If he cannot live without his suit, doesn't that imply that his entire body cannot withstand influence from warmer temperatures? So why can his arms take the heat in the New 52 but not the rest of his body?

And considering Freeze's new "powers", if we choose to call them that, result from his uncovered arms touching things, I guess I also don't approve of his new abilities.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does this mean nobody cares that he has powers? Because people were complaining about captain cold having powers now what about freeze?

Should i make a poll?

Lol, it sounds like a threat. "Don't make me make a poll..."

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lifeofvibe

@supbatz: maybe his brain is the only thing that would be effected

There that and for some reason every were he walks it...it gets snowy...icey...like cold i mean every were he walks its like its winter every! were...and...yeah so yeah he doesnt need to cover his arms because

A.it will effect only his brain

B.every were he walks it winter literally

C.all of the above

So there you go

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm anybody else?

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By mikex20

Originally he was powerless and used tech. But I'm OK with him having powers I guess. They seemed to slowly appear over time.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikex20: okay good because every time a character gains powers a whole lot people start ranting as if the characters been destroyed

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikex20: okay good because every time a character gains powers a whole lot people start ranting as if the characters been destroyed

Well it's very situational. Mr. Freeze always had the "ice-powers" moniker with his freezing gun. And it's not like he was an "ordinary" human after his accident. It's less of a stretch to give him powers than it would be to give, say, the Joker powers.

The same goes for Poison Ivy. In her original appearances, she could not manipulate plant life. But as time passed, she developed the ability due to her accident at the hands of Jason Woodrue. It's not a far stretch to give her (or Freeze) powers because it can be justified that they become superhuman.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: the joker already hases power look up his wiki page on the vine

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.