Follow

Mr. Fantastic

Character » Mr. Fantastic appears in 6884 issues.

Reed Richards, also known as Mr. Fantastic, is the leader of the Fantastic Four. He can stretch his body to great distances due to his exposure to cosmic rays while in space. He is also considered to be one of the smartest men alive, using his brain to explore alternate dimensions and save the world alongside his family from science-based threats.

Should Reed Richards Hide His Illness From The Fantastic Four?

• 55 results
    Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Skunkstein

Its a bad idea, he should share it with the core members of FF, a great team works together and doesnt keep secrets, well because its a good team, they shouldnt have to... Its not so much about the decision it in self to keep it secret that annoys me a little, its the consequence that it makes the FF look amateurish, which it for one is not, or well shouldnt be at least.

I cant find a single reason to keep it a secret, besides spare their feelings, which is BS when youre a character who have experianced what they have on FF, the other reason is to keep the issues more dramatic, which is very understandable but idiotic if you look solely on the plot.

A team that dont trust each other, shouldnt be a team at all... On another note, i like the issues so far very much.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Xanni15

Of course he should, no reason to have everyone else worry about him. Reed's pretty smart, he'll figure something out.

His abdomen looks weird in the second picture, though. o.O

dlavizzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By dlavizzo

You've got to be joking. There is very little suspense here. Marvel has a long track record of NOT KILLING MAJOR CHARACTERS. So what if he gets cancer and seems to die. He'll be gone for six-eight months at most then they'll find a way to bring him back. Welcome back, status quo.

I'm basically just re-hashing what PurpleCandy said, but at this point why do we pretend like Marvel or DC is going to do anything earth-shattering with their characters? If Richards were a Vertigo or Wildstorm character, I might entertain the remote possibility that he might die for good, since those two houses have (or had, in Wildstorm's case) a pretty good track record in terms of people staying dead, or at least having a valid and realistic explanation of why someone comes back.

But Peter Parker dying, Reed Richards getting cancer...in a year Peter Parker will be back, and Reed will be cured. Watching people talk about Marvel books like anything they do to the characters matters anymore is as bad as watching middle aged women talk about soap operas...as if anything they do to the characters matters anymore. Marvel absolutely will not challenge their status quo and they absolutely will not mess with their core characters. Plus, I'll have to read this book simply to find out how someone who can face down Galactus (and win), invented extra-dimensional travel, and HAS THE EFFING POWER GEM IN HIS POSSESSION cannot cure cancer?!

Also, I'm pretty sure almost everyone in the Marvel universe at this point is actually a Skrull so deep undercover that even THEY don't know who's real and who's not. They actually completed their takeover in 1989 and the entire Marvel universe is Skrulls, even Galactus.

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By catfightfan

Maybe his illness will finally force Reed to give us leadership of the team and let Ben Grimm become the new leader?

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By ImmortalOne

Don't worry Reed! You're a major comic character, so you'll come back one way or another.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.