Is Reed effectively immortal?

#1 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, I'm no expert on Reed Richards, but how I understand his biology is that it's comprised of a series of rapidly growing and regenerating bacterium. In that sense, because he really doesn't need air, doesn't age (or at least he shouldn't), wouldn't he pretty much be immortal?

#2 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7597 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't think his abilities were as stretched as that (see what I did there) however i was under the impression that he aged normaly and that his body would change acordingly and have it's limits.

#3 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay said:

" I didn't think his abilities were as stretched as that (see what I did there) however i was under the impression that he aged normaly and that his body would change acordingly and have it's limits. "

That makes sense, in a comic book way, lol. But I'm almost certain that the Ultimate version is bacteria based. Thanks for the reply :)

Oh, and nice pun.
#4 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7597 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Ah I'm unfamilliar with the Ultimate universe so you could well be right on that score.
#5 Posted by johnnie619 (199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay said:
"I didn't think his abilities were as stretched as that (see what I did there) however i was under the impression that he aged normaly and that his body would change acordingly and have it's limits. "

NIce ha ha

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.