Intelligence?

#1 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

How smart is he? Could he be classed as having superhuman intelligence?

#2 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84631 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#3 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

he's too smart.

#4 Posted by sevennames27 (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is smarter.

#5 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio
sevennames27 said:
Doom is smarter.
debatable

I say they are equals

both certaintly have the ability to magically construct out of nowhere whatever the plot needs
#6 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that he is often referred to as the smartest human. But is that because he is that smart? or because he has some sort of boost to his intelligence. Did part of his exposure give him more brain activity?

#7 Posted by sevennames27 (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

Thay also call Superman the "Man of Steel".

#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84631 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll see if I can find something that helps.

#9 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84631 posts) - - Show Bio

I havent found anything that specifically states he's superhuman in terms of intelligence. But if you go by the devices, the things he does with minimal prep, and the machines he creates, I would say he definitely is.

#10 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

That's what I had always thought, but when I did what digging I could I never found anything stating he had beyond human intelligence.

#11 Posted by Webstad (275 posts) - - Show Bio

Without a doubt his natural intelligence is in the realm of supra-genius, as far as humans go. I'm of the opinion that the radiation affected his mental capacity. It did obviously alter his genes, so it's possible that the part of his genetic code that referred to brain was altered as well. It seems that his ability to construct ever-amazing technology at the drop of a hat has improved dramatically since the exposure. I'm not sure that he'd know how to fix the Ultimate Nullifier pre-exposure (being alien technology). Maybe he could?

#12 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
Webstad said:
Without a doubt his natural intelligence is in the realm of supra-genius, as far as humans go. I'm of the ... [more]
That's likely. It would makes sense for everything he can understand and create/fix that no one else can or has been able to on earth. From high tech, to alien tech.

side note LMAO at your avatar.
#13 Posted by Webstad (275 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
Webstad said: Without a doubt his natural intelligence is in the realm of supra-genius, as far as humans go. I'm ... [more]
As soon as I found that pic Ms Marvel suddenly became my hero for life  lol
#14 Posted by info nation (868 posts) - - Show Bio
@Webstad: That seems a little off-topic but I agree that any woman who can make Iron Man look like a REALLY cheap drunk earns my respect! (I wonder how much booze she can hold WITHOUT her powers? hmmm...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.