Can Mr. Fantastic be torn apart

#1 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Stretch him far enough and just like a rubber band he will snap apart.

#2 Posted by Sun Rider (127 posts) - - Show Bio

He's elastic, so does that mean he can't be torn apart?

#3 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

He can be if he wants to be. After stretching him for about 1500 feet, you could cut him with a knife.

#4 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he meant could his elasticity run out? You get a sharp(or hard) enough object, anything can be cut. But would he eventually snap like a rubber band is the question. At least, that's how I read it.

#5 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

The Time Keeper says:

"I think he meant could his elasticity run out? You get a sharp(or hard) enough object, anything can be cut. But would he eventually snap like a rubber band is the question. At least, that's how I read it."

Well, it would take a being of considerable strength, but I think he could.

#6 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Put Thor on one end of mr.fantastic and godzilla on the other tell them to go as far out as they can and Mr.fantastic would be torn apart.

#7 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

i think hulk might be able to rip him apart

#8 Posted by Sun Rider (127 posts) - - Show Bio

I think thor could 2.

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

No single super strong character could rip him apart no matter how strong they are because their arms aren't long enough to stretch him to his limit.

#10 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Megaguirus says:

"Put Thor on one end of mr.fantastic and godzilla on the other tell them to go as far out as they can and Mr.fantastic would be torn apart."

That's why I said that.

#11 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Sun Rider and Spiderman.

#12 Posted by Sun Rider (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"No single super strong character could rip him apart no matter how strong they are because their arms aren't long enough to stretch him to his limit."

Yea.

#13 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator stretched him so far so fast that he couldn't take it. If Human torch wouldn't have stepped in I think Gladiator could have ripped him.

#14 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Sun Rider and Spiderman."

Harsh

#15 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

In #165 of Fantastic Four he stretched 3 or 4 city blocks and said it was pretty much his limit... if Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Wally West, and Bart Allen were to each grab a limb and take off each in an separate direction it would probably tear Reed apart in less than a second.
Post Edited:2007-06-25 15:40:28

#16 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Chaos says:

"He was once bitten by an alien bug and his arm bled."

He didn't expect it probably. It depends on whether it was cannon or not. And I didn't mean that one being could rip him. If he was at limit, then a strong being could. Maybe a high order telekinetic?

#17 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

if he was frozen first his elasticity should be shorter, if at all

#18 Posted by Blue Nighty (374 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya he has a limit and so does rubber

#19 Posted by Joygirl (19927 posts) - - Show Bio

What if someone like Hulk stretched him, then wrapped him around his hands again and again to stretch him further? That might work for a one-brick-stretch. Just have handwraps made out of Mr. Fantastic until eventually he splits at the navel.

#20 Posted by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#21 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThatThorFan said:

Bump

why would you bump this?

#22 Posted by hulksmash134 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

he can stretch forever

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.