shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By shawn87

New Printing Scheduled for Runaway Hit in April

BERKELEY, CA -- 23 March, 2011 -- With the first eight issues of MORNING GLORIES sold out and Nick Spencer and Joe Eisma's enigmatic Shadowline series continuing to attract buzz, Image Comics has announced that the trade paperback collection, MORNING GLORIES, VOL. 1: FOR A BETTER FUTURE, has sold through its entire print run.  

Zoe
    Zoe

Written by Spencer with art by Eisma and covers by Rodin Esquejo, MORNING GLORIES has received widespread critical acclaim since launching in September 2010, and attracting some of the most glowing reviews of any Image title since THE WALKING DEAD's illustrious debut. Despite rising initial orders, multiple reprints and an ongoing commitment to overprinting, each issue sells out within days of reaching stores, and now the first trade paperback is continuing that trend. 

"The continued success of MORNING GLORIES has been really thrilling for Joe and I," Spencer said. "The amount of support we've received for this book is just amazing, but we're just getting started – we still want more people to read MORNING GLORIES!" 

With that in mind, Image Comics Publisher Eric Stephenson noted that a second printing of MORNING GLORIES, VOL. 1 trade paperback has already been rushed to press in an effort to make the book available to curious new readers as quickly as possible. 

"Based on the response to the trade, we knew we wanted to get back to press right away and had already begun working with Shadowline on a new printing," he explained. "Sales velocity exceeded even our wildest imagination, though, and while selling so quickly is nice, we'd rather the book be available." 

MORNING GLORIES, VOL. 1: FOR A BETTER FUTURE (DEC100470), a 200-page trade paperback collecting the first six issues of the sold out Shadowline series at the low introductory price of $9.99 is available for re-order now with an in-store date of April 20.  
    Article from (www.imagecomics.com) 
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By shawn87

Not only are the issues selling out but so did the paperback. That's good news for this series and I'm glad I purchased my copy of the trade so quickly. I look forward to reading this series.

X-23_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By X-23_2513

I bought the trade and it was EPIC!
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shawn87
    @X-23_2513 said:
    " I bought the trade and it was EPIC! "
    i couldnt agree more
    Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

Finally got ahold of the trade. This series so deserves to sell out so quickly.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By JonesDeini
    @shawn87:  
    Great series!!! Most likely my fav. If I had to cut all my other comics, this would likely be the sole survivor. Spencer's reminding me of all the things I loved about early Morrison. 
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shawn87
    @JonesDeini said:
    @shawn87:  Great series!!! Most likely my fav. If I had to cut all my other comics, this would likely be the sole survivor. Spencer's reminding me of all the things I loved about early Morrison. 
    Yeah it's pretty awesome. I'm glad the series is doing so well. Hopefully it will last for quite some time
    ns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ns2

It's suppose to run for 100 issues

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Kairan1979
    @ns2
    really? Then I hope they are not going to make the same mistakes Marvel did and cancel Morning Glories.
    ns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ns2

@Kairan1979:

I don't think that Image cancels books I think it's up to the creators to decide whether they want to continue wwith the book or not

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Wow, i think I'm going to pick this up riiiight now !

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I have been loving Morning Glories and it is one of my favorite series. It has a great mystery and a great set of characters for the series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.