facemelter88's Morning Glories #1 review

I loves me a creepy school full of weird, degenerate geniuses

I've heard nothing but good things about this series and after I read this issue, the reviews don't do Nick Spencer's series justice. I got so into this story and read it like my life depended on it and I didn't even realize it was one of those double issue things. I'm glad i picked up a few other issues because I went from 1 to the next. Nick Spencer wrote this to get you hooked and he succeeds. There is so much going on in the school and with the new students (as well as the old) and I can't wait to read about it all the mysterious and evil inner machinations of of the school.

How these characters were introduced was pretty awesome, in just 2 pages or so you kind of get a good impression of what kind of person they are (some more than others) but it didn't take long or much for me to get invested in the characters and want to see more of them and their stories. Nick Spencer is a hell of a writer I suggest picking up his other works (T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents is a pretty solid book). The character just seem real and if you ever went 2 high school you probably know people like these...hopefully you realize that is a good thing.

It only took the first 5 or so pages to get me interested and then next 5 pages or so got me hooked....seriously this is one of the most intriguing, unique and awesome stories I've ever read. It's not really marked as a prologue but the story before "Chicago" is a sure fire way to get someone into this book. Check this series out you will thank me.