Follow

Moonstone

Character » Moonstone appears in 853 issues.

Dr. Karla Sofen is a founding member of the Thunderbolts and former member of the Masters of Evil. She has flirted with both sides of the law in Norman Osborn's Avengers as Ms. Marvel. She's a control freak with nearly limitless power granted her by moonstones, hence her codename.

Ms. Marvel #41: Deadpool, New Avengers & MODOK Babies!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

This comic pretty much has it all.  We're gearing up for the "War of the Marvels" and we also have appearances by Deadpool, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Norman Osborn, the New Avengers and...M.O.D.O.K. babies!  Need I say anymore?  Watch the video.

Just imagine if all those M.O.D.O.K. babies grow up.  The Marvel Universe will be overrun by M.O.D.O.K.s.  Maybe things would be better?  Maybe they'd usher in a new utopian society.  Or maybe (hopefully) we won't see much of them again.  Would you like to have a baby M.O.D.O.K. of your own?
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By pixelized

Awww G-Man, you're so adorable getting all excited over this comic. Lol anyway, i agree with the art but i didn't think it was good. There were a few times were Karla looked liked she was 4'3''. The writing though, especially with Karla monologuing through 3/4's of it, it just didn't feel like her, it's been bland. Hopefully the Next arc will be better! 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
    ha ha ha

that was pretty cool... and weird
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @pixelized said:
    " Awww G-Man, you're so adorable getting all excited over this comic. Lol anyway, i agree with the art but i didn't think it was good. There were a few times were Karla looked liked she was 4'3''. The writing though, especially with Karla monologuing through 3/4's of it, it just didn't feel like her, it's been bland. Hopefully the Next arc will be better!  "
    I filmed that video first thing this morning before I even had any coffee too.  As far as the art, perhaps "good" was me trying to be a little nice.  It wasn't "horrible" but I think I was sort of at a loss for words.  Drawing consistently from panel to panel isn't an easy thing (which is why not just anyone can be a comic artist) but it was a little lacking.  Especially after having (in my opinion) a pretty nice looking cover.

Also maybe I need to re-read issue 40 because it just seems weird seeing Karla in a motherly role.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pixelized

What happened to Takeda anyway? She was a little out of control when it came to Karla's hair, but still bearable. 

You know, i thought the same thing, but then i just felt that was just something thinly veiling her greed, but that was just from me expecting that from her. She didn't have any diabolical plans for her "babies" or anything... her characterization is lacking. They called out to her and she's been trying to protect them ever since, anyway I still don't see how they're connected to ____________________ . 
    Avatar image for anderson__agent_of_smith
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Was Deadpool necessary? I mean, could he have just been replaced by another mercenary type character, or was he essential to the plot? I'm a big Pool fan, but I really do think that he's getting over exposed.

Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MoonKnightFan123

that deadpool *thumbs up and freeze frame*

Speedy92286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Speedy92286
    @pixelized said:
    " What happened to Takeda anyway? She was a little out of control when it came to Karla's hair, but still bearable. 

You know, i thought the same thing, but then i just felt that was just something thinly veiling her greed, but that was just from me expecting that from her. She didn't have any diabolical plans for her "babies" or anything... her characterization is lacking. They called out to her and she's been trying to protect them ever since, anyway I still don't see how they're connected to ____________________ . 
    "
    Yeah, they are stretching the "motherly" thing a little much. I mean, she has been attached to Hawkeye, so I can see the motherly role being used, but there doesn't seem to be much else going on. Ah well, at least she schools Deadpool. That mad me happy. The art isn't that great, as some characters look rushed, while others are just off. Overall I agree with the rating. It is just an opening to what can be  an amazing arc, so let's cross our fingers and hope this War of the Marvels is good.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized

Even with hawkeye she wasn't maternal, she let him fall halfway down a cliff.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck

It's probably because her biological clock is ticking and she thinks the MODOK babies are cute.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Media_Master

Cover is hot, too bad the book is not

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Media_Master said:
    " Cover is hot, too bad the book is not "
    You could always read it outside on a sunny day...?
    vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vicsrealms

Ok, so they need those MODOK babies to bring back Carol Danvers.  Then who has been running around the New Avengers if Carol Danvers is dead?  Is it the one that attacked Rogue and went by the name Warhawk?  or was she the one that exploded?

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DH69
    @vicsrealms said:
    "Ok, so they need those MODOK babies to bring back Carol Danvers.  Then who has been running around the New Avengers if Carol Danvers is dead?  Is it the one that attacked Rogue and went by the name Warhawk?  or was she the one that exploded?"

thats still danvers her death just hasnt happened yet in that series. its simply marvels wonderful way of screwing up release dates and story arcs that take forever to end, its also why loki is a guy again yet still parading around as a girl in other comics cause of an existing story. its also why janet van dyne was still alive in avengers/invaders last month despite being dead for even longer
    LS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LS3

reminds me of wolverine vs hulk (deadpool says "rock a bye bang")

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Pretty good review and didn't spoil anything.
    I do get what Daken is playing Wolverine. Out of his hatred for his father he gets a kick out of mocking and playing with his father's reputation. Though this feels rather contrive. When has Wolverine ever cared about his public image? Just shows what a child Daken still is.
    I really get your point though as to why all these villains are living the lives of the heroes they hated and abandoning their own lives. It's not like Osborn gives many of them a choice. Look at what he did to Mystique to get her involved. Still, you know this will blow up in his face. Most don't want to be heroes and have to even 'play' the good guys. Which is just what Osborn keeps pushing them to do.

I am in whole agreement with you about the cover. I always hate it when cover art is so much more different then the interior art. I was posting today. Look at all the great covers J. Scott Campbell has done for many Marvel comics, but have we yet to see him do any interior art work for Marvel? That's kind of annoying.

Speedy92286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Speedy92286
    @pixelized said:
    " Even with hawkeye she wasn't maternal, she let him fall halfway down a cliff. "
    I know. It is a bit of a stretch. At first I liked the new take on Karla--it gave her a different twist on her. Now I am wondering why she is so damn motherly. Maybe the babies are messing with her head? It would be ironic, for a manipulator to be manipulated.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

KILL KARLA!
    KILL KARLA!
    KILL KARLA!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " Pretty good review and didn't spoil anything.I do get what Daken is playing Wolverine. Out of his hatred for his father he gets a kick out of mocking and playing with his father's reputation. Though this feels rather contrive. When has Wolverine ever cared about his public image? Just shows what a child Daken still is.I really get your point though as to why all these villains are living the lives of the heroes they hated and abandoning their own lives. It's not like Osborn gives many of them a choice. Look at what he did to Mystique to get her involved. Still, you know this will blow up in his face. Most don't want to be heroes and have to even 'play' the good guys. Which is just what Osborn keeps pushing them to do.I am in whole agreement with you about the cover. I always hate it when cover art is so much more different then the interior art. I was posting today. Look at all the great covers J. Scott Campbell has done for many Marvel comics, but have we yet to see him do any interior art work for Marvel? That's kind of annoying. "
    I mentioned in our Dark X-Men video, it's interesting that with his Dark Avengers, Norman has them portraying other heroes yet with the Dark X-Men, it doesn't look that way.

@Speedy92286 said:
    " @pixelized said:
    " Even with hawkeye she wasn't maternal, she let him fall halfway down a cliff. "
    I know. It is a bit of a stretch. At first I liked the new take on Karla--it gave her a different twist on her. Now I am wondering why she is so damn motherly. Maybe the babies are messing with her head? It would be ironic, for a manipulator to be manipulated. "
    Maybe her short time in the spotlight as a hero is starting to affect  her.  She sort of was a hero in the Thunderbolts (they had action figures and such in the Marvel U).  Maybe this is a good way to reform villains, make them act like heroes.  Even Venom was starting to dig all the fans in Sinister Spider-Man #1.
    Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Nahero

so above the glowing people were they modok babies too? or just something else

but as long as they aren't evil i wouldn't have a problem with them

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pixelized
    @Vance Astro said:
    " KILL KARLA!KILL KARLA!KILL KARLA! "
    Don't make me cry
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AngelFrost

I like Karla!

great review (:

Can't wait to see the Ms Marvels battle it out!

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @G-Man said:
    I mentioned in our Dark X-Men video, it's interesting that with his Dark Avengers, Norman has them portraying other heroes yet with the Dark X-Men, it doesn't look that way.
    Well, the issues are a tad different when it comes to the Dark X-Men. When he made the Dark Avengers he filled it with villains in the role of heroes. He even wanted them to appear like their originals in some way. Even going so far as to give Venom a serum that would allow him to take the smaller form they had as Spider-man.
    With the Dark X-Men he's filled it with mostly ex/current heroes. Mystique has been put on a short leash with what she was injected with and Daken is already being watched as a Dark Avenger. Osborn probably thinks that since most of the Dark X-men were originally heroes they aren't as likely to go off the way the way the Dark Avengers would.
    I've wanted to see Mystique again ever since that very intriguing read of Manifest Destiny. Obviously Mystique wasn't a willing participant in this plot. So, what could this mean for her character, and will she run into Iceman soon?

I actually have a wild theory with what's happening with the Dark X-Men. Rather then retype the whole thing here. You can see the theory on this thread. http://www.comicvine.com/emma-frost/29-1457/x-men-and-cabal/92-396569/
    Can't miss it. It's a latest and longest post. I talk about the idea that Osborn might of walked right into a trap with Utopia.
    Kashimu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kashimu
    First, about hitting Deadpool like that... Karla killed some bank robbers right in front of the police in either 38 or 39. The police asked her, what happened to the old Ms. Marvel. And she told them, "Skrull Invasion... old Ms.Marvel...put the two together." The killing, however, is now pretty much allowed because no one said anything about it and they may feel it necessary for this new order. Also, the public was more interested in taking pictures of her ass.

Next, the Ms.Marvel covers have looked amazing for quite a few issues now. I don't know if it's the costume but they have been drawing Karla lot more beautiful than Carol. 

Also, Ms.Marvel is seen in New Avengers, while she is "dead" in her own book is because that "next Sorcerer Supreme" happened before she died [as DH69 mentioned].
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pixelized

also the meteor 

Omg chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Omg chris
    @Vance Astro said:
    " KILL KARLA!KILL KARLA!KILL KARLA! "
    nooo i actually like her
    Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not gonna lie when i first picked this up it was as a Deadpool fan but he has such a minor role in them and i fell for the story that i could care less about Deadpool. But now i guess when it comes to this lil arc Deadpool is just icing on the cake lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.