Follow

Moonstone

Character » Moonstone appears in 853 issues.

Dr. Karla Sofen is a founding member of the Thunderbolts and former member of the Masters of Evil. She has flirted with both sides of the law in Norman Osborn's Avengers as Ms. Marvel. She's a control freak with nearly limitless power granted her by moonstones, hence her codename.

Moonstone's Power Set?

dreamsmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dreamsmith

I was wondering about a couple of the things we saw Moonstone do during her stint in Ms Marvel.  
    My impression was that, aside from her enhanced physicality, everything she does is based on Gravity manipulation, right? 
    I mean, okay, laser blasts don't quite compute there, but I suppose it's a lot harder to draw a 'gravity pulse blast' than a laser bolt. 
    But, while running around fighting Ms. Marvel, Moonstone does an energy absorbtion stunt a couple of times--once she even shunted energy into Iron Patriot's Batteries, to make him into some sort of super-capacitor bomb. 
    In another scene, she takes down a high-tech armored opponent by triggering some kind of electrical discharge around him--possibly shorting out his powered armor via energy manipulation? 

My question is, are these specific powers actually shown as being canon in any other appearances?  Or was the Ms Marvel writer just going all out to try and blur the lines between her and Moonstone as part of the story he was telling? 

AetherMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AetherMaster

She only had the gravity-based powers when she was in possession of the second moonstone, which she no longer has. Energy manipulation is part of her standard power set from the first moonstone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.