Moonstone solo series? (SPOILER ALERT)

#1 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

(SPOILER ALERT...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)....eh..whatever

It appears that Carol Danvers is going to "kick the bucket" in issue #37 and Moonstone will be taking over.

Brian Reed
"There will still be a Ms. Marvel comic book and the numbering will continue forward. But Moonstone as Ms. Marvel, is the new lead character. In Issue #37, we see the baton passed."

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/010922-Ms-Marvel-Reed.html
#2 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio
Jumps up and down like an idiot cause she's so happy.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really like Ms. Marvel but Moonstone is amazing.
#3 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked Carol, Yay for Karla!

#4 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Never liked Carol, and I HATE Moonstone! But I think I'm supposed to, so that means I like her? She confuses me.

#5 Edited by King Hyperion (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...time to add another comic to the old Pull List. God, Dark Reign is the best thing to happen to Non-Cosmic Marvel in a long, LONG time. Moonstone as Ms. Marvel forever!!!!! So wait...does this mean Carol is gonna go back to being Warbird or is Brian Reed killing her off for good? Either way is fine but in the Newsarama interview it sounds as if Reed is ending Carol's life for good, well it's not as if it was a good life to begin with. I mean there was The Marcus Immortus fiasco, the Rogue incident, her numerous bouts with Alcholism and her becoming a collasal #$%@^ after siding with Tony's "Corporate Muppet Babies" (as Clint Barton so eloquently put it.) Eh, who cares. Moonstone ROCKS!!!!

#6 Edited by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio
King Hyperion said:
"Well...time to add another comic to the old Pull List. God, Dark Reign is the best thing to happen to Non-Cosmic Marvel in a long, LONG time. Moonstone as Ms. Marvel forever!!!!! So wait...does this mean Carol is gonna go back to being Warbird or is Brian Reed killing her off for good? Either way is fine but in the Newsarama interview it sounds as if Reed is ending Carol's life for good, well it's not as if it was a good life to begin with. I mean there was The Marcus Immortus fiasco, the Rogue incident, her numerous bouts with Alcholism and her becoming a collasal #$%@^ after siding with Tony's "Corporate Muppet Babies" (as Clint Barton so eloquently put it.)"
I was waiting for your opinion

After reading people's comments on Newsarama  I believe she isn't going to die, but fake her death somehow and go undercover to accomplish her goal of killing Osborn. From the preview of Ms Marvel #35 she's already changed her name.....Catherine I believe. As some of the Newsarama comments said, why would they tell us she's going to die long before issue #37 comes out? Reed's just trying to get us talking and hopefully take some interest with what's happening with her. As someone posted (on Newsarama) maybe she'll team up with Songbird.....that would be cool.
#7 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus Maria Hill alluded to Osborn's eventual down fall.

#8 Edited by King Hyperion (3708 posts) - - Show Bio
DMC said:
"King Hyperion said:
"Well...time to add another comic to the old Pull List. God, Dark Reign is the best thing to happen to Non-Cosmic Marvel in a long, LONG time. Moonstone as Ms. Marvel forever!!!!! So wait...does this mean Carol is gonna go back to being Warbird or is Brian Reed killing her off for good? Either way is fine but in the Newsarama interview it sounds as if Reed is ending Carol's life for good, well it's not as if it was a good life to begin with. I mean there was The Marcus Immortus fiasco, the Rogue incident, her numerous bouts with Alcholism and her becoming a collasal #$%@^ after siding with Tony's "Corporate Muppet Babies" (as Clint Barton so eloquently put it.)"
I was waiting for your opinion

After reading people's comments on Newsarama  I believe she isn't going to die, but fake her death somehow and go undercover to accomplish her goal of killing Osborn. From the preview of Ms Marvel #35 she's already changed her name.....Catherine I believe. As some of the Newsarama comments said, why would they tell us she's going to die long before issue #37 comes out? Reed's just trying to get us talking and hopefully take some interest with what's happening with her. As someone posted (on Newsarama) maybe she'll team up with Songbird.....that would be cool."
Oh that would be interesting. Songbird/Warbird: BIRDS OF PREY (wait...ah well Marvel and DC can battle it out in the courts I am just going with what I got): Two superpowered femme fatals with the word bird (Have you hear about the Word? Everybody's heard about the Word! Bird, Bird, Bird, Bird is the Word!) in their names try to take down Norman "Iron Patriot" Osborn with some occasional help from guest stars like Captain Universe, Forbush Man, RULK, Anti-Venom, Nextwave, She-Hulk and her Lady Liberators as well as the famed Nova Centurion: Ego the Living Planet. Oh God, could you imagine a series like that? It would be FANTASTIC!! Ahem...sorry...got a little sidetracked...it happens sometimes. Anyways, here's hoping Moonstone: The Series becomes a reality! (Which we know it will)
#9 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds great, another comic for me to buy. I never cared for Carol much, but I doubt she will really die, or stay "dead". It will be interesting to see how long Karla lasts as Ms. Marvel. Cant wait to read it!

#10 Posted by themaskedhero (264 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd really love it if the effects of Dark Reign were felt for a long time and that stuff like Moonstone being Ms. Marvel last for a long while.

#11 Posted by Legacy_ (10412 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol doesn't die she changes her alias and goes underground with the New Avengers

#12 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Wil she be changing her outfit?

#13 Posted by Legacy_ (10412 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Wil she be changing her outfit?
"

Who Carol??
#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

yes.

#15 Posted by Katanna (569 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"yes."

Nope

Well now that Carol is "dead", how will Bendis take her off the New Avenger team or he going to say "she's alive"?
#16 Posted by Captain Planet (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Gimme some of that sweet Moonstone!!!!!!!

#17 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio
Katanna said:
"pixelized said:
"yes."
NopeWell now that Carol is "dead", how will Bendis take her off the New Avenger team or he going to say "she's alive"?"
she ain't dead
#18 Posted by Legacy_ (10412 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Katanna said:
"pixelized said:
"yes."
NopeWell now that Carol is "dead", how will Bendis take her off the New Avenger team or he going to say "she's alive"?"
she ain't dead
"
But her on New Avengers will ruin Brian Reed's storyline
#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

"aint"

really?
is that how we speak?
#20 Posted by Tmul501 (597 posts) - - Show Bio

If Carol is removed from the New Avengers roster who are they going to replace her with in regards to ability? She's one of the more powerful members on the team and one of the few that can fly (spider-woman can fly now, right?).

#21 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

she can.

#22 Posted by Aerika Harkness (24 posts) - - Show Bio

If some act occurs where Carol is going to actually die, I hope that they will let Rogue drain her for about a month so that she can get her old, cool powers back without losing them, yet again.

#23 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

you're about a month too late

#24 Posted by Aerika Harkness (24 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"you're about a month too late"
Aerika Harkness said:
"If some act occurs where Carol is going to actually die, I hope that they will let Rogue drain her for about a month so that she can get her old, cool powers back without losing them, yet again. "
It wasn't that I didn't know.  It was more wishful thinking for a totally butchered character's power levels. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.