Follow

Moonstone

Character » Moonstone appears in 853 issues.

Dr. Karla Sofen is a founding member of the Thunderbolts and former member of the Masters of Evil. She has flirted with both sides of the law in Norman Osborn's Avengers as Ms. Marvel. She's a control freak with nearly limitless power granted her by moonstones, hence her codename.

is karla become the emma frost for the avengers

recveronica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By recveronica

i always thinked of her as 1 of the most powerfull enemies in mu but after a time i start thinking of she really becoming a good girl with his style and maybe the real succesor of carol danvers i really think of this as a very good yhing until they dont change his nature
    Speedy92286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Speedy92286

Wow, that was one of the most confusing posts I've read. Ever. I am assuming you mean like Emma Frost, Moonstone started out as a villain but is now becoming more heroic? She's been doing that since the 90's. Like Emma Frost, Moonstone is manipulative to an extreme and both always have their own best interests in mind. Unlike Emma, Moonstone could never truly be "heroic" as self-preservation and the need to be in control are two things that define her. The closest she has ever gotten to being a hero was when Hawkeye was around, but even then she doubted her capabilities to save the day.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Cafeterialoca

Moonstone will always borderline being a hero.  Her selfish tendencies will keep that from happening.
    I also view her as the opposite of Songbird, whom will do things for the sake of others.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

No.

CiaranStatham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CiaranStatham

Feh. Hell no. Ellis' Thunderbolts and her characterisation since has pretty firmly established her as a selfish bitch looking out solely for herself. She's nothing like Emma, except in appearance.
    blackair9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By blackair9

I want here to finally evolve to be a good guy but not loose her selfish bitch streak , kind a like how iron man is a hero but a douchebag at the same time

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @blackair9 said:
    " I want here to finally evolve to be a good guy but not loose her selfish bitch streak , kind a like how iron man is a hero but a douchebag at the same time "
    Nice.
    AetherMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AetherMaster

Carol gave her a chance to redeem herself but she didn't want to. I think that's what sets her apart from other characters. Seriously, being a psychopath is Karla's MO. As a psychiatrist, she has convinced patients suffering from depression to commit suicide in front of her. She's about as evil and insane as they come.

PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PumpkinBomb

Yeah, I don't think I've ever hated a pair of characters as much as her and Osborn that night I read Warren Ellis' run. I revelled in Doc Samson's moment of victory, and would honestly and sincerely like to see her executed.

That just stands as testament to how great both villains are, though.

AetherMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AetherMaster

What I like about Moonstone is that you can love to hate her. I mean, comic book characters get redeemed and turn evil a lot, so it says something about a character who's given the chance to redeem and turns it down. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Mercy_
    @AetherMaster said:
    " What I like about Moonstone is that you can love to hate her. I mean, comic book characters get redeemed and turn evil a lot, so it says something about a character who's given the chance to redeem and turns it down.  "
    Gotta agree with this. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.