Is Karla a good guy now? Spoilers.

#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel 46 saw Carol and Karla duke it out. Carol ends up taking Karla's Moonstone and promises to return it once she remembers the point she stops being a human. End of the issue, Karla finds it in her mother's grave where she's also in tears and what not. 

20 years of being evil and in one issue that's all gone? Did i miss something?

#2 Posted by BK-77-7 (126 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope she finds the Lord and becomes something like Carol.

#3 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt she's going to turn her life around like that. But I do believe she is going to turn good eventually. Perhaps even join up with the Thunderbolts again and be a hero. I wouldn't hold my breath on that of course, but nothing is out of the realm of possibility. But right now with Carol back you really don't need two Ms. Marvels and Osborn didnt' hire her to be Moonstone, so who knows.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Karla doesn't have the capacity to be a good guy....

#5 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she'll close her legs. :P

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" Maybe she'll close her legs. :P "
I doubt it.
#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

that was terrible characterization to begin with.

#8 Edited by Clara Mass (8022 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:

"that was terrible characterization to begin with. "

Don't worry Warren Ellis is never going to come back and treat her with some decency and Reed will get his hands on Karla next year with Siege: Embedded =(
#9 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

If they stayed true to her character, there is no way she would become good. Plus, she may have been all teary eyed, but I figured any remorse she had just turned to more anger since she destroyed the grave stone.

#10 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lifeguard85 said:
" If they stayed true to her character, there is no way she would become good. Plus, she may have been all teary eyed, but I figured any remorse she had just turned to more anger since she destroyed the grave stone. "
it seemed like the seed was planted though. Even though her mother is dead, she's still hurting the person she loved the most. It's on the way ]=
#11 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, she was a member of the Thunderbolts for a long time and the influence of Hawkeye really started to change her, they seem to have forgotten that.

#12 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, the crying and then destroying the tombstone fits Karla perfectly. She was always torn between which side should she be on; her head and her heart always in conflict. Either the writer remembered Hawkeye's influence, or just decided losing to Ms. Marvel gave Karla back her old personality. I am glad, the whore Moonstone was killing the character for me. I can't hate the writer too much, though. He made Karla a combatant again, something that Ellis never did. Never understood why he wrote such a good series but ruined Moonstone. Ah well, can't win them all I guess.

And I rambled on, again. Hopefully we see the Moonstone from the 90's again, the one who is not afraid to punch out Hulk, but still emotionally tender--especially when it comes to Hawkeye or those she has come to care about. Maybe then Karla could get her own ongoing that would be more true to the character and a blast to read!

#13 Edited by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh yeah I think they need to do something to move her away from whoring it up. That scene with Bullseye seriously made me think like the writer didn't have the vaguest clue of what hooking up with someone entailed, the scene was like this

Karla: You've been very impressive out there. It's an all-new you...
Bullseye: eyesbrows move steadily up his bald head in alarm
Karla: takes clothes off

It came off like Mac Gargan wasn't the only person who got their meds wrong.

Also, maybe it's just the shading but I really don't think this is the face of a man whose about to have sex. Not consensually anyway.

#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

i really thought Bullseye was only into guys.

#15 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Well. according to the interview I was reading on IGN.com, now that Karla lost the Ms. Marvel role, she is going to rely on a secret weapon to prosper--whoring herself out. Yay!

"On Moonstone's secret weapon

Bendis: "Now Moonstone I'll probably get some letters on. She's going to be using sex as a weapon, not because that's what I feel women do, but because that's what I feel this mentally ill woman would do in close quarters. She started with Marvel Boy and will begin making her way through the team."  "

Did he EVER read anything about the character before deciding this? Ever since Ellis gave hints of Moonstone's "casual" view of sex, she has just been the team whore. So instead of Karla manipulating others, something she does best, her body will see her through? I am hoping another writer fixes this or this is how Moonstone will be from this point on. Pity, really.

#16 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

"She started with Marvel Boy and will begin making her way through the team."

I'm disgusted.

#17 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

And there was that part, too. So even if she becomes a "good guy" she will be a whore? Woot! With the way she is being written now, I wouldn't be surprised if she joins the Avengers at this point.

#18 Posted by VII アメリカの英雄 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Carol kills her.

#19 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane: Actually it looks like the face of a predator who is about to eat, I am guessing Dommer had that same look on his face at times.
#20 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know who "Dommer" is.

#21 Posted by Generation Jubes (13 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
" I don't know who "Dommer" is. "
He's an infamous cannibal in the US.I'm guessing you aren't American.
#22 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio
@Generation Jubes said:
" @Dane said:
" I don't know who "Dommer" is. "
He's an infamous cannibal in the US.I'm guessing you aren't American. "
Good guess.
#23 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"Ms. Marvel 46 saw Carol and Karla duke it out. Carol ends up taking Karla's Moonstone and promises to return it once she remembers the point she stops being a human. End of the issue, Karla finds it in her mother's grave where she's also in tears and what not.   20 years of being evil and in one issue that's all gone? Did i miss something?"

I don't think she's there yet but it still could happen. Did you read SIEGE The Cabal? You gotta wonder why she was lying in bed awake, maybe it's a sign of internal struggle?
#24 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck No! bad to the bone

#25 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

You cant turn a villian good. There have to be villians to fight, plus, criminal actions can not & should not be forgiven. Hey, lets turn Joker good. 

Besides, you need to have villians for the heros to fight.

#26 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Karla in the original Thunderbolts run did a lot of character growth towards becoming a Hero. I would prefer that everything from the Ellis run onwards be retconned as Osborne drugging her or something. 

She is a great Character and would make a great Hero.
#27 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, great how she had sex with all these guys for manipulation
...with no real agenda nor profit from it.

and no, one moment of lucidity doesnt undermine the character thats plotting
against everyone. Karla has one side - hers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.