Is it time to change her name?

#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Toooooooooooooooo Ms. Marvel??

#2 Posted by G-Man (30611 posts) - - Show Bio

No.  It can be an alias.  I'd say let's see how far this will go.  Are we gonna change Venom's name to Spider-Man?  Daken (ugh)'s name to Wolverine?  Then what happens to the originals?  Also changing names causes broken links on other pages if these characters were linked to.

Staff
#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

But Moonstone Gets 24 hour watch in Thunderbolts mountain, Ms. Marvel get's her own penthouse

ok.

#4 Posted by Marvel Knight (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I wouldn't change it.

#5 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think we should change it either. When Dark Reign ends, Ill be surprised if she keeps the name.

#6 Edited by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio
Lifeguard85 said:
"I dont think we should change it either. When Dark Reign ends, Ill be surprised if she keeps the name."
I would honestly be suprised if she keeps it the entire run of Dark Reign.If she fights Carol..that should most likely result in her death.In fact...a fight with Carol is overkill.Moonstone can't do anything but make Carol stronger.Pissed off Carol + power upgrade from enemy=R.I.P
#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

you know... i think Moonstone will end up back in a coma by the end of this dark reign stuff... just a feeling

#8 Posted by Marvel Knight (1270 posts) - - Show Bio
Citizen Vance* said:
"Lifeguard85 said:
"I dont think we should change it either. When Dark Reign ends, Ill be surprised if she keeps the name."
I would honestly be suprised if she keeps it the entire run of Dark Reign.If she fights Carol..that should most likely result in her death.In fact...a fight with Carol is overkill.Moonstone can't do anything but make Carol stronger.Pissed off Carol + power upgrade from enemy=R.I.P"
What could Carol do to Moonstone though.
#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

beat her to death

#10 Posted by King Saturn (223796 posts) - - Show Bio
She should change her name to Kidneystone...

jk
#11 Posted by G-Man (30611 posts) - - Show Bio

Also changing her name would make all the Thunderbolts issues with her say Ms. Marvel was in it.  People would get confused.

Staff
#12 Posted by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio
Marvel Knight said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"Lifeguard85 said:
I would honestly be suprised if she keeps it the entire run of Dark Reign.If she fights Carol..that should most likely result in her death.In fact...a fight with Carol is overkill.Moonstone can't do anything but make Carol stronger.Pissed off Carol + power upgrade from enemy=R.I.P"
What could Carol do to Moonstone though."
You're joking right? What "could" Carol do.Tons of things.Ms.Marvel,when she's pissed off though goes hand to hand and Moonstone couldn't take Carol's weakest punch.
#13 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, if the two of them ever cross paths anytime soon...I will feel very bad for Moonstone lol

#14 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

R.I.P. Moonstone.

#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Lifeguard85 said:
"Yea, if the two of them ever cross paths anytime soon...I will feel very bad for Moonstone lol"
I wonder how carol is taking it now that Karla is wearing her identity.
#16 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Im wondering that as well, so needless to say Im going to be getting the new issues of Ms. Marvel from now on lol

#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll pick them up when Karla takes over!

#18 Posted by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Karla will never take Carol's place....EVER!

#19 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

wow. i thought i found the Moonstone fan forum....my mistake.

#20 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

you did, that's why i made it, because i love her!

#21 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, don't change the name =]

When someone thinks of 'Ms Marvel' they automatically think of Carol.
And it will be too confusing.

I like Moonstone, but I don't think she'd be able to defeat Carol,
She'd get in a few good moves though I think.

#22 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she could beat Carol. the power of a moonstone is intense. she has two. did you see what Zemo did with those?
or just her short and sweet Morgan Le Fay take down in  DA? Morgan couldnt even hit her because she was phased.

heres a nice link on the history of Karla for anyone by the way.
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=172367&page=2

#23 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't know so many Ms. Marvel fans were sore that Karla took over. Are people upset that Bucky took over Cap's mantle? Much like Bucky was almost forced into the role of Cap, so was Moonstone. Sure, the circumstances might have been more selfish, but it wasn't like Moonstone planned this from day one.

#24 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky also wasn't a criminal.

#25 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" Bucky also wasn't a criminal. "
what? wasn't he some sort of shady guy as the Winter Soldier? maybe I'm thinking of someone else...I thought Bucky killed Daken's mother...wait...that doesn't even make sense, does it?
#26 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @pixelized said:
" Bucky also wasn't a criminal. "
what? wasn't he some sort of shady guy as the Winter Soldier? maybe I'm thinking of someone else...I thought Bucky killed Daken's mother...wait...that doesn't even make sense, does it? "
LOL not to me, but maybe  to someone else. I don't know much about him, but a lot of the dislike toward Karla stems from her being someone who killed for fun, and now she's one of Marvel's most celebrated heroines. 
#27 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky was brain washed into becoming an assassin for hire and in between jobs he was kept in cryostasis to keep him young....he did kill Daken's mother

#28 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" Bucky was brain washed into becoming an assassin for hire and in between jobs he was kept in cryostasis to keep him young....he did kill Daken's mother "
raises fist in the air

I KNEW IT!
#29 Posted by Paracelsus (1499 posts) - - Show Bio

No, why should she change her name_ it's not as if there is another Moonstone out there(the original calls himself Nefarious) and as with Photon/Captain Marvel, the original Carol Danvers can always ask to her name back!

Terry

#30 Posted by info nation (868 posts) - - Show Bio
@Paracelsus: Meteorite was a good alias at least!
#31 Posted by Paracelsus (1499 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she should just return to calling herself Moonstone! 

Terry

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.