Follow

Moonstar

Character » Moonstar appears in 2421 issues.

A Native American and member of the original New Mutants, Dani Moonstar was one of many mutants to lose their powers on M-Day, but has since had them restored. Moonstar currently uses her skills, experience and combat prowess to fight against evil as Hel's Valkyrie and has been a member of the New Mutants, MLF, X-Force, Fearless Defenders and the X-Men.

What happened to her relationship with Elixir?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By papad1992

Is she not the legal guardian to Elixir anymore? Because she hasn't had any contact with him in like forever. Or maybe the writers forgot about that little detail. Or am I wrong!?!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

When 'Zeb Wells' had his recent X-Position interview over at CBR he was asked about this.  Disappointingly he said that not everything happens on panel.  In other words, we'll never see any more of this familial relationship. 

This is just one of MANY reasons why I'm severely disappointed with this new New Mutants series.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By papad1992

That's not right. Making Moonstar Elixir's guardian gave some realism to them. It provided a real scenario. Just ignoring it seems rather stupid!! Those kids really don't have any parental figures in their lives... Rogue is somewhat like a counselor not a parent.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

Here's the Q&A 

3) Something that's been really bothering me as of late is the unaddressed issue that Moonstar is Elixir's guardian and, well, so far she's been failing at it. Since Elixir has been MIA since "Necrosha," don't you think Dani would want to investigate the matter?

A lot happens off-panel that wouldn't make sense in the context of the story that we're telling. If Dani turned to Karma and said, "You know what, I'm worried about Josh," anyone who didn't read "New X-Men" would say, "Who the hell is Josh and why isn't Nick Lowe a character in this book!"

To properly explain their relationship and what she is or isn't worried about (and such) would take precious real estate away from the story that is being told. So a lot of this happens in-between panels. You may find – when the story of Elixir is fully told – that Dani did look but didn't find him, or did look and did find him and he didn't want to go where she wanted him to go...or something.

To me that sounds like "I don't want to write that story, or even think about it... go away & think of something more interesting"... which I completely disagree with.  Familial bonds aren't to be taken lightly among characters who have lost so many friends & family in the past.  This should have been address asap, and Wolfsbane should have been brought back into the fold... The whole series is just missing a lot of heart.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By papad1992

All it is these days is kill, recuperate, survive, recuperate, kill... There really isn't any relationships to build from ( of course there is always Cyclops and Emma... yuk!!). Would it kill someone to actually make relationships in the place of an action packed issue!?!

MoonstoneEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MoonstoneEvil
    @papad1992 said:
    " All it is these days is kill, recuperate, survive, recuperate, kill... There really isn't any relationships to build from ( of course there is always Cyclops and Emma... yuk!!). Would it kill someone to actually make relationships in the place of an action packed issue!?! "
    Seems that way at the moment which is a shame. 

@xerox-kitty: I agree that Wolfbane should have been brought back in. It would have made the series slightly more interesting for me. Oh well.
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By PYH000
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " Familial bonds aren't to be taken lightly among characters who have lost so many friends & family in the past.  This should have been address asap, and Wolfsbane should have been brought back into the fold... The whole series is just missing a lot of heart. "
    It would've been worth reading Kitty's reaction about Magik coming back from the dead as well as Doug. If Wolfsbane can't be in the New Mutants again because of her pregnancy, why not just make her as a supporting character for the New Mutants comic?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@papad1992:  I'm more curious as to why she ended up Elixir's guardian and not Wither's. But at any rate, I'm pretty sure Elixir doesn't want to see her that badly.
    @244: THANK YOU! You're totally right!
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By papad1992
    @Squares said:
    "@papad1992:  I'm more curious as to why she ended up Elixir's guardian and not Wither's. But at any rate, I'm pretty sure Elixir doesn't want to see her that badly.
    @244: THANK YOU! You're totally right! "

I'm noding my head right now but you can't see it... or can u?? But anyways I'm just so angry at all of the missed moments and opportunities that marvel is throwing away just so they can have their "huge event that will change the world"!! Honestly I would love to read a one shot about Moonstar and Elixirs relationship!!
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Kairan1979
    @244:
    because Rahne messed up the relationship of Rictor and Shatterstar by claiming her baby is Rictor's.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.