Follow

Moonstar

Character » Moonstar appears in 2421 issues.

A Native American and member of the original New Mutants, Dani Moonstar was one of many mutants to lose their powers on M-Day, but has since had them restored. Moonstar currently uses her skills, experience and combat prowess to fight against evil as Hel's Valkyrie and has been a member of the New Mutants, MLF, X-Force, Fearless Defenders and the X-Men.

Dani Moonstar's powers

Prototype88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Prototype88

I love Danielle Moonstar i've been reading comics from the 90's and the 00's and i must tell she is a great character one of my favorites i mean ,  not great ,  awesome character =D. When she lost her powers i was very sad because i thought she wasnt going to be in any comics anymore but i think she has made a name for herself even being powerless. I don't know what's up to her now or what shes doing but i would really love if she gets her powers back , do you think it will happen anytime and how would it be possible? Sorry for my english^^

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Prototype88 said:
    " I love Danielle Moonstar i've been reading comics from the 90's and the 00's and i must tell she is a great character one of my favorites i mean ,  not great ,  awesome character =D. When she lost her powers i was very sad because i thought she wasnt going to be in any comics anymore but i think she has made a name for herself even being powerless. I don't know what's up to her now or what shes doing but i would really love if she gets her powers back , do you think it will happen anytime and how would it be possible? Sorry for my english^^ "

Oh wow, ,hmmm, how much of the recent New Mutants comics have you read? Any of it? Depowered Dani is sort of like Storm was in the late eighties, have you read her? Meaning current Dani is a total badass. I can try and post some scans if you want? Her toughness, and skill, and tenacity are getting written really well right now.  She gets some fun scenes! ^_^

I do miss her powers though, and hope they do return eventually. (Valkyrie super brick type powers ideally) but as long as she is written well, I am cool with her with no powers. She should be in Age of X, and should have powers then, but otherwise, looks like we'll have to wait for the new New Mutants writer to see what happens?  

Hey, your English is great! 
    Prototype88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Prototype88
    @SC:  Yeah i haven't read any recently comics she's have been like i said i dont know what she's up to now lol but thanks i will catch up.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Prototype88:  i think you will be pleasantly surprised with Zeb Wells writing. There is a one of issues where she gets powers too, that is way to awesome. Dani probably gets the coolest moments out of any other New Mutant in the latest ongoing! Her and Rictor, even though I like them both, without powers have actually worked out good for them. ^_^
    jakeeboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By jakeeboi17

Ahhhhh, I do miss her powers as well! Although I think that because of the fact she still kicks ass even when depowered, she is an amazing character!

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Leliel
    @SC: Maybe she could permanently learn magic or get her quantum powers back
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Leliel:  Definitely, that could be a creative idea worth exploring. *smile* 
    Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Gold Dust Boi

I am really hoping that in 5 years when Children's Crusade ends, that Wanda will repower Dani...and not just her crappy mirage powers...I want her post-evolutionary war powers where she can make solid objects or even her neuro-arrows (which came and went with no explanation to either).  

@SC: Great comparison!  Totally like late 80's Storm!  And she Dani is currently a total bad ass, but there's no law that she's she can't get her powers back and still be a bad ass :)

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Leliel
    @Gold Dust Boi: I was bit shock about the part about Children Crusade sort of throws Endanger Species event out the window and why didn't we just get alternate reality Scarlet Witch to heal everything?
    Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    @Leliel said:
    @Gold Dust Boi: I was bit shock about the part about Children Crusade sort of throws Endanger Species event out the window and why didn't we just get alternate reality Scarlet Witch to heal everything?
    Well I think what everyone's missing about Children's Crusade is that it's not about reversing M-Day and Decimation.  CC is about Wiccan and Speed (but mostly Wiccan) trying to find their lost mother.  I am not expecting a full reversal of M-Day right now.  They will get into that later in a more appropriate book (I hope).  So thats why people are getting throw by CC because htey are losing the focus and letting the repowering of mutants cloud that fact that we are also watching a major character (or two if you count Scott) return and two boys find and confirm their true mother.  Thats why its Children's Crusade not Mutants Crusade or the X Crusade.

And it doesn't throw endangered species (or Hope Summers as some people are saying) out the window.  Wanda can't just undo what happened, she can only at best do one mutants at a time with no guarantee that she can even repower ALL of those that want it (wouldn't Blob gaining 300 pounds instantly be dangerous to him? or anyone else with a serious physical mutation).  I even if she really can repower mutants and it sticks, theres still a LONG way to go before you can consider M-Day/Decimation undone.  All we can hope for from this and Generation Hope is that the mutant race is no longer going extinct.
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Leliel
    @Gold Dust Boi: Well I do see your point it would be nice to see some interaction now with other members of the Magnus family such as Wiccan and Speed finding out about Nurture who  is technically their half-sister from another world, along with Polaris and Luna the daughter of Quick Silver. If not too much to expect like to see CC come face to face with the mutants and Hope out all them and if she would dare with the many she put risk it by nice character develop.

And its possible that even if she give mutants there powers maybe it not permanent like Silent Wart but if its those this mean she can take any power away any moment she feels like it? Should we have someone regulate her? Maybe Leech or some other type of characters which similar powers
    unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By unicornpuncher

Im hoping back for some sort of stronger illusion powers along with her arrows again.  Her quantum powers were pretty cool too, but unexplored.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.