Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Worst fears realized?

• 76 results
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Meteorite
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Meteorite said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " Bloody hell guys, give Bendis/Moon Knight a chance! It's been one issue. "
    And it was crap. "
    What was so crap about it? Setting up a decent plot or taking a new look at Marc's twisted psyche? "
    The fact that it's the same damn story that Bendis always writes. The fact there was a plot hole the size of Rhode Island. The fact the writing was ludicrous and insulting. I could go on. "
    The same story? Oh, that's right, I forgot that Bendis has written Moon Knight before.... not.
    Plot hole? Oh no, the bad guys didn't see Moon Knight following them! What a massive plot hole! How on Earth could Bendis not see that?!
    The writing is ludicrous and insulting..... I'll admit you have a point with the whole TV producer thing, but look at it more as a new angle and less as a ''ludicrous'' thing. Other than that, I can't see how it's insulting.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Wise Son said:
    "

"
    I tried being an optimist, but yeah...knew this crap would happen. It's the Sentry all over again. 
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Danial79 said:

" I'll give the series one arc (usually 6 issues) before deciding whether to keep reading or not... "

3.99 book for 6 months? Frak that, folk. I have actual comics I KNOW I enjoy to buy as well as bills and tuition. I don't have time for bullshit. I know Moon Knight has a history of getting canceled but when I find a writer who's doing stories I care about I'll support their run. Screw Bendis and his crap. I don't have money to waste on maybe. He's a premier writer right? So he should've wowed me with the first issue. I'll be reading his comics in store, just so I can have an educated opinion on how bad they are...
    @InnerVenom123 said:

" The second Marc says "bub" is the second I die inside. When it happens (when, not if), someone PM me a scan, so that I may know the proper time to give up on humanity. :P "

What you said. 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    And it was crap. "
    You sir, are my mo' flushin' dude lol
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @JonesDeini: (thumbs up)

@Meteorite said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Meteorite said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    And it was crap. "
    What was so crap about it? Setting up a decent plot or taking a new look at Marc's twisted psyche? "
    The fact that it's the same damn story that Bendis always writes. The fact there was a plot hole the size of Rhode Island. The fact the writing was ludicrous and insulting. I could go on. "
    The same story? Oh, that's right, I forgot that Bendis has written Moon Knight before.... not. Plot hole? Oh no, the bad guys didn't see Moon Knight following them! What a massive plot hole! How on Earth could Bendis not see that?! The writing is ludicrous and insulting..... I'll admit you have a point with the whole TV producer thing, but look at it more as a new angle and less as a ''ludicrous'' thing. Other than that, I can't see how it's insulting. "

House of M, Daredevil and Dark Reign/Siege, possibly Avengers (with Wonder Man) and now Moon Knight have all dealt with the protagonist having a nervous breakdown. So that's the same thing. Don't be obnoxious until you're sure the other person can't prove you're an idiot.

The plot hole concerns MK's knowledge of the Kingpin of LA and his plan to move Ultron at the docks. How could he have known that if "Cap, Spidey and Wolverine" had told him, when they weren't actually there? Granted, this might not be a plot hole, it could just be Bendis' way of introducing the Kingpin of LA as another personality of MK, which would just be a rip off of the Sentry; and the same thing again.

Spider-Man asked what Adamantium did. Spider-Man asked. Now regardless of whether or not MK was imagining him, Bendis still felt comfortable writing this:

SPIDER-MAN: What's Adamantium do?

IN A ROOM WITH WOLVERINE! Wolverine, the same guy he serves alongside both Avengers teams. This is Peter Parker; scientific genius, and he asks what does Adamantium do? That is what's insulting.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By JonesDeini
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @JonesDeini: (thumbs up)

@Meteorite said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Meteorite said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    And it was crap. "
    The same story? Oh, that's right, I forgot that Bendis has written Moon Knight before.... not. Plot hole? Oh no, the bad guys didn't see Moon Knight following them! What a massive plot hole! How on Earth could Bendis not see that?! The writing is ludicrous and insulting..... I'll admit you have a point with the whole TV producer thing, but look at it more as a new angle and less as a ''ludicrous'' thing. Other than that, I can't see how it's insulting. "
    House of M, Daredevil and Dark Reign/Siege, possibly Avengers (with Wonder Man) and now Moon Knight have all dealt with the protagonist having a nervous breakdown. So that's the same thing. Don't be obnoxious until you're sure the other person can't prove you're an idiot. The plot hole concerns MK's knowledge of the Kingpin of LA and his plan to move Ultron at the docks. How could he have known that if "Cap, Spidey and Wolverine" had told him, when they weren't actually there? Granted, this might not be a plot hole, it could just be Bendis' way of introducing the Kingpin of LA as another personality of MK, which would just be a rip off of the Sentry; and the same thing again. Spider-Man asked what Adamantium did. Spider-Man asked. Now regardless of whether or not MK was imagining him, Bendis still felt comfortable writing this:SPIDER-MAN: What's Adamantium do? IN A ROOM WITH WOLVERINE! Wolverine, the same guy he serves alongside both Avengers teams. This is Peter Parker; scientific genius, and he asks what does Adamantium do? That is what's insulting. "
    On top of everything you just pointed out I'm supposed to ignore the fact that Mr. Hyde's LOCKED UP ON THE RAFT!!! He's slated to be on the T-Bolts b squad and will be causing Songbird some trouble next week. So is this Mr. Hyde a skrull? Clone? Another psychotic illusion?

And like you said I get the feeling this KP of LA is nothing but another personality and we saw how well Bendis handle's that with his characterization of The Sentry. 
    nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By nefarious

Time to get the picket signs.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Meteorite
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @JonesDeini: (thumbs up)

@Meteorite said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Meteorite said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    And it was crap. "
    House of M, Daredevil and Dark Reign/Siege, possibly Avengers (with Wonder Man) and now Moon Knight have all dealt with the protagonist having a nervous breakdown. So that's the same thing. Don't be obnoxious until you're sure the other person can't prove you're an idiot. The plot hole concerns MK's knowledge of the Kingpin of LA and his plan to move Ultron at the docks. How could he have known that if "Cap, Spidey and Wolverine" had told him, when they weren't actually there? Granted, this might not be a plot hole, it could just be Bendis' way of introducing the Kingpin of LA as another personality of MK, which would just be a rip off of the Sentry; and the same thing again. Spider-Man asked what Adamantium did. Spider-Man asked. Now regardless of whether or not MK was imagining him, Bendis still felt comfortable writing this:SPIDER-MAN: What's Adamantium do? IN A ROOM WITH WOLVERINE! Wolverine, the same guy he serves alongside both Avengers teams. This is Peter Parker; scientific genius, and he asks what does Adamantium do? That is what's insulting. "
    • Okay, fair enough, you've got me with the nervous breakdown idea (and I guess I was being a bit obnoxious, sorry)
    • "The Avengers'' never actually tell Moon Knight to go down to the docks. Telling him to fight crime is the extent they go, which I guess could be Marc's subconsciousness looking for an excuse to fight crime.
    • Spider-Man asking what adamantium did could again be due to Marc's subconsciousness. Does he know that Spider-Man is a scientific genius? I don't think they've worked together much. Alternatively, it could be Bendis introducing Adamantium to any new readers.
    At any rate, I'm liking the series. If you don't like Bendis' writing, don't pick it up and complain.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Meteorite:
    • No worries, we're good.
    • No, but they do tell him about the KP of LA, which prompts him to investigate the Docks. Without them, he wouldn't have known.
    • That's poor writing though. I agree that it was probably does for exposition, but having someone, ANYONE else ask would have worked better. Hell, even having Logan just talk about how bad it is that someone else has their hands on "the most deadly and indestructible metal known to humankind" would have been an improvement. It was simply laziness on Bendis' part.
    I don't buy books from Bendis. He still owes me damages for Siege #3 & #4. (I'm thinking around $62000). I read it in the shop.
    @JonesDeini said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    On top of everything you just pointed out I'm supposed to ignore the fact that Mr. Hyde's LOCKED UP ON THE RAFT!!! He's slated to be on the T-Bolts b squad and will be causing Songbird some trouble next week. So is this Mr. Hyde a skrull? Clone? Another psychotic illusion?And like you said I get the feeling this KP of LA is nothing but another personality and we saw how well Bendis handle's that with his characterization of The Sentry.  "

Exactly, it's just laziness in every respect. He clearly doesn't care for the character, he's just had the chance to write another book and thought "eh, why not".
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Meteorite
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Meteorite:
    • No worries, we're good.
    • No, but they do tell him about the KP of LA, which prompts him to investigate the Docks. Without them, he wouldn't have known.
    • That's poor writing though. I agree that it was probably does for exposition, but having someone, ANYONE else ask would have worked better. Hell, even having Logan just talk about how bad it is that someone else has their hands on "the most deadly and indestructible metal known to humankind" would have been an improvement. It was simply laziness on Bendis' part.
    I don't buy books from Bendis. He still owes me damages for Siege #3 & #4. (I'm thinking around $62000). I read it in the shop.
    • Good point, and I do agree with you that Moon Knight shouldn't be the Kingpin of L.A.
    • Another good point ; I'll agree with you that Bendis is lazy in the exposition
    Nevertheless, I will support this series before Moon Knight gets bitten by the cancelled bug. If I could struggle through Vengeance of Moon Knight #s 7-10 then I can survive this!
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By DanialCarroll

Surely editorial should keep track of where each character is at any point in time, so if Bendis is writing Mr Hyde when he's locked up in The Raft, I think it comes back on them as well... though Bendis should be checking these things himself as well :)

xlizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By xlizen

I smells some Moon Knight trolls!

warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By warcorpse

I swear if moon knight says bub i'll go berserk. 

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#63  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @warcorpse said:
    I swear if moon knight says bub i'll go berserk. 
    Same
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By warcorpse
    @ReverseNegative: Friendly neighborhood.....Fist of khonshu? *shudders*
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Danial79
    Marvel's really, really bad about that lol. I mean I know DC does it too, but Marvel's notorious for creating time paradoxes so to speak lol. I long since quit trying to figure out how Wolverine does all he does. 
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @JonesDeini said:
    @Danial79
    Marvel's really, really bad about that lol. I mean I know DC does it too, but Marvel's notorious for creating time paradoxes so to speak lol. I long since quit trying to figure out how Wolverine does all he does. 
    Good point. And Spider-Man. How they could do everything they do AND still have jobs and family time is beyond me :P
    Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By Mekboy

Oh man, I really don't want Moon Knight to get hated upon like the Sentry.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @Mekboy said:
    Oh man, I really don't want Moon Knight to get hated upon like the Sentry.
    My introduction to Sentry was in New Avengers, so I just assumed that's how he was. I never realised that Bendis had messed with him until recently. Imagine all the new readers of Moon Knight that are going to assume he has always just had MPD.
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By warcorpse
    @ReverseNegative: Remember vengeance of the moon knight #10 where frenchie crashed the crescent jet and moon knight had to follow spider man and he launched those cables with the crescent darts attached to them. Bendis might steal that idea 
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DanialCarroll

Just read #2 and it was awful. Just awful :(

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Danial79 said:
    Just read #2 and it was awful. Just awful :(
    Glorified cosplay and a stripper kicking Mooney's ass.  

Gee.... thanks for the reinvention, Bendis..... 
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Green Skin

#2 was just bad
    I miss Vengence of the Moon Knight.

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#73  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Green Skin said:
    #2 was just badI miss Vengence of the Moon Knight.

Same. Why the hell is he wearing a costume under a costume?
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Green Skin
    @ReverseNegative said:
    @Green Skin said:
    #2 was just badI miss Vengence of the Moon Knight.
    Same. Why the hell is he wearing a costume under a costume?
    Ya know!  and how the hell did he get web shooters?
    That's Bendis for you I guess. "If it isn't broken, I'll break it."
    Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Loki9876
    @Danial79:  2 was awful the comic vine review had 4 out of 5 stars I found it weird but i believed (I think it was) tony.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @Loki9876 I gave #1 8/10 stars, but #2 I gave 4/10...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.