Will Moon Knight being off the secret avengers be explained?

#1 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Remender is kicking moon knight off the team. Do you thing he will explain it or will it be ignored? War machine, Sharon Carter, and Eric O'Grady have seemingly been kicked off as well.

#2 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

He wasn't really ever on the team. He was originally just supposed to be there when 'called'.

#3 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

i think there will be something told. even a line like: I think i should be back to LA

would be fine

#4 Posted by Danial79 (2325 posts) - - Show Bio

He only appeared in 11 of the series' 20 issues, so I doubt they would feel the need to justify his removal.

#5 Posted by jkeener71 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

More than half is a pretty decent run. Hopefully whatever is next for MK is good.

#6 Posted by xlizen (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e said:

i think there will be something told. even a line like: I think i should be back to LA

would be fine

It'll of course be mentioned in one line of dialogue and Moon Knight will never be mentioned or appear in the series ever again.

#7 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America and Ant Man is off the team also, but they are shown in the advance artwork. Remender will probably do a scene where Hawkeye creates the new team. Even if he doesn't, he really shouldn't be hindered by the team that Brubaker put together. Each creator should get to pick his own team of characters that they want to write. Otherwise the quality of the comic will suffer.

#8 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@GiantsizeManThing: Just noticed your avatar. How do you feel about Dynamite Entertainment acquiring the rights to The Shadow? Hope the ongoing gets published soon.

#9 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth: I think it's great. I love the way dynamite is publishing these golden age characters. Garth Ennis writing is a big plus.

#10 Posted by ThreadingFate (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it 100% certain that Moon Knight will no longer be on the Secret Avengers roster once Remender takes over? In #9 he tells Buck that he is a "Secret Avenger", and I haven't seen any indication in the Secret Avengers that the roster is changing beyond the way it seems to rotate on a regular basis anyway.

Just curious if there was a reference, can't seem to find one.

#11 Posted by maikkywin (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Profound Sadness .

#12 Posted by Danial79 (2325 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThreadingFate: I don't think it has been said that he won't be, it's just that he's not featured in any of the released imagery, so everyone has assumed.

#13 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- Maybe he only shows up when the personality in charge knows he is supposed to be on the team?

#14 Posted by Danial79 (2325 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- Maybe he only shows up when the personality in charge knows he is supposed to be on the team?

The best part about Secret Avengers was that Moon Knight didn't have that whole Avengers-In-My-Head thing going on. He was just his cool old self :)

#15 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: And Warren Ellis used his Steven grant alias. just more proof he needs to write moon knight.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.