Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1414 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

When do you think his next series will be?

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

In the past, Moon Knight has had anywhere from 3 months to 57 months between series (that 57 is from 2001-2006 if anyone's interested), averaging around 19. Now, his last series ended 12 months ago, so when do you think we'll get to see another one? Will it be in 7 months? Or 45?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

It's probably going to be a good long while. Marvel has tried everything possible to keep people interested in that character and he just won't stick. I'd like to see him properly utilized on a good team book. Maybe build up some interest that way. Like what Uncanny X-Force did for Fantomex's popularity.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@danial79 said:

In the past, Moon Knight has had anywhere from 3 months to 57 months between series (that 57 is from 2001-2006 if anyone's interested), averaging around 19. Now, his last series ended 12 months ago, so when do you think we'll get to see another one? Will it be in 7 months? Or 45?

5 years... That was a long while... Hope this break won't be so long. The faster they'l relaunch the title. the faster people will forget the Bendis-run returning to the Vengeance-style.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

It'll be a while, given how bad Bendis's sales were.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DanialCarroll

@danial79 said:

5 years... That was a long while...

Yep. It was a dark time for Moon Knight. There was an Ultimate version in USM, but other than that, little more than a few background appearances.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
    MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see my mission set out before me- I will write your Moon Knight... I will

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be a while, given how bad Bendis's sales were.

I have a bad feeling that you're right...

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It'll be a while for the horrific memory of Bendis' stuff to fade....

Really, I feel like MK is a great character with a lot of potential, but somehow all of his runs run out of steam right after the start....

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

somehow all of his runs run out of steam right after the start....

I think that's because the character is so multifaceted that each writer has a different take on him and some people will like one take but not another.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79 said:

@veshark said:

I think that's because the character is so multifaceted that each writer has a different take on him and some people will like one take but not another.

I thought Huston had a great initial take on the character, but it seemed to lose steam by Midnight Sun, and then he was replaced with Benson (though I hear he was still co-plotting). Then there was the Vengeance series which started out alright, but I thought started to lose focus after the first arc with all the guest-stars.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@danial79 said:

@veshark said:

I thought Huston had a great initial take on the character, but it seemed to lose steam by Midnight Sun, and then he was replaced with Benson (though I hear he was still co-plotting). Then there was the Vengeance series which started out alright, but I thought started to lose focus after the first arc with all the guest-stars.

I wasn't actually a fan of Vengeance. It was another case of changing the character to something he never was. Instead of his crescent darts and truncheon, Hurwitz decided to give him Batman-like gadgetry, which I wasn't a fan of at all. If I wanted that, I'd read Batman :)

As for the post-Huston run, I really enjoyed those. Especially Down South, which I thought was a heap of fun.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Veshark

@danial79 said:

@veshark said:

@danial79 said:

@veshark said:

I wasn't actually a fan of Vengeance. It was another case of changing the character to something he never was. Instead of his crescent darts and truncheon, Hurwitz decided to give him Batman-like gadgetry, which I wasn't a fan of at all. If I wanted that, I'd read Batman :)

As for the post-Huston run, I really enjoyed those. Especially Down South, which I thought was a heap of fun.

Neither was I, but I took it for what it was - a really well-drawn and fun romp. Yeah there are some weird WTF out-of-character moments like Frenchie, Marlene, even Norman Osborn (seriously why would the head of HAMMER even give a crap about a street vigilante?). I can live with all the high-tech gadgetry though, but I wouldn't want him keeping it for long definitely.

To be honest, I haven't got around to reading God & Country and the rest, but the general consensus seems to be that it was 'mediocre'. Not necessarily bad, but not worth the buck either.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79 said:

Yeah, volumes 3 and 4 are pretty average, but I highly recommend Down South. It's set in Mexico and features the Zapata Brothers, who are awesome, as well as Punisher and a character I'd LOVE to see used again named Toltec.

Hmm I might check it out on your recommendation then, Mr. MK Expert ;)

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79 said:

Yeah, volumes 3 and 4 are pretty average, but I highly recommend Down South. It's set in Mexico and features the Zapata Brothers, who are awesome, as well as Punisher and a character I'd LOVE to see used again named Toltec.

Wow... Toltec really does look cool. "Down South" you said? I'l keep that in mind...

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79 said:

Wow... Toltec really does look cool. "Down South" you said? I'l keep that in mind...

There's a cool article about Toltec on the Marvel website if you're interested. The writer describes him a "a kind of Mexican Punisher, but more a defender of his people." I really wish someone else would utilise the character.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79 said:

@cyberwarrior said:

@danial79 said:

There's a cool article about Toltec on the Marvel website if you're interested. The writer describes him a "a kind of Mexican Punisher, but more a defender of his people." I really wish someone else would utilise the character.

Well, I've bought his issue, time to find out a bit more of him...

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love moon knight hopefully soon

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, what do you think?

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bystander

@danial79 said:

@cyberwarrior said:

So, what do you think?

He sure has got a style :) Too bad MK haven't encountered Toltec in a fight, but I liked the issue anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.