Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

WAIT WAIT WAIT

FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FunnyStuff707

Remember that bit about a new Kingpin in LA to be Moon Knight's nemesis? Read this solicit.

DAKEN: DARK WOLVERINE #10

Written by ROB WILLIAMS
    Penciled by TBD
    Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD! Daken's new life starts here! After razing his father's old stomping grounds of Madripoor and installing himself as its kingpin, Daken decides to expand his enterprise...and Los Angeles seems ripe for the picking. Don't miss out as rising star ROB WILLIAMS teams up with fan favorite [] to bring you an all new chapter full of glitz, glamour and the first step towards global domination.

32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$2.99

Am I to understand DAKEN is going to be Marc's arch? I just can't do this.
    KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KenTheProfile
    @FunnyStuff707: 

Why not To mean tough bastards fighting each other should be good    
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ReverseNegative

urgh, that's messed up.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

MOTHER F**KER.

FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FunnyStuff707

It's like Bendis doesn't understand characters existed before he started writing them.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_

Why is everybody raging over this?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " Why is everybody raging over this? <---has never read a Daken or Moon Knight book. "
    I have and I don't see the problem...plus the op is jumping to conclusions
    BlaqueSaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By BlaqueSaber

We're raging because there are fans out there who actually read these book and like these characters.  MoonKnight isn't going to survive this reboot, I don't see the Bendiss fans following this like they did with his runon DD.  I don't see my self reading past issue three...

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mercy_
    @BlaqueSaber I understand the raging about him being written by Bendis and about th character assassination that's happening. What I wasn't understanding was the raging about Daken possibly being set up as his nemesis. That was all.

@danhimself Seems like a logical assumption to me.
    BlaqueSaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlaqueSaber

Yeah I agree and it's now my turn to say that I've never really read a Daken comic.  :)  I was under the assumption that he's a knock off of Wolverine (as so many characters are).

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

what character assassination though?  no one has even read the first issue yet....it may be the best Moon Knight book yet....this is one of my problems with other comic book fans...quit assuming everything is going to suck before you even read the book

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mercy_
    @BlaqueSaber Daken is in my opinion way more interesting that Wolverine. I've only reaone or two issues with him in them but he's not just a knock off. The power sets are a little different (Daken has bone claws and they come out at different spots and he has pheromones) anthe personalities are very different.
    BlaqueSaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlaqueSaber

@TheDarkHuntress - I'm going to have to check it out.  Thank you.

@ danhimself  - You're right of course.  While the publicized plans for Mark Spector/Moon Knight have been well documented all over by BENDISS him self I should at least read it first.

xlizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xlizen
    @danhimself:  Totally agree with you. It's better to be optimistic and hopeful then whine how it might suck.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By DanialCarroll

If that turns out to be true, I have no problem with Daken himself, but Moon Knight is not really in his league. Daken could slice MK to pieces without blinking, which means they're not really suited to be nemeses.

ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Danial79 said:
    " If that turns out to be true, I have no problem with Daken himself, but Moon Knight is not really in his league. Daken could slice MK to pieces without blinking, which means they're not really suited to be nemeses. "
    NOT TRUE! Moon Knight could use his imaginary WOLVERINE CLAWS that Bendis gave him to kill him.
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By z3ro180

i havent read a dark wolverine comic but i no  a bit about daken and i think he could be MK new arch for a wile.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By G Bird

For f*ck sake Bendis, you're a grade-A a$$hole! I'm not even really looking forward to this new Moon Knight book hardly at all even though MK is my favorite character.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Loki9876
    @danhimself said:
    " what character assassination though?  no one has even read the first issue yet....it may be the best Moon Knight book yet....this is one of my problems with other comic book fans...quit assuming everything is going to suck before you even read the book "
    I gotta agree with this.
    I don't like bendis but you never know he writes a good book.
    Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bearded Justice

look, this is happening, so just make your peace with it. 

no, but if this is true, then i could care less.  i'm far more worried about MK having all those new personalities... ugh
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Green Skin
    What is everyone whining about?  MK is awesome.   Daken is awesome.  Where is the flaw here?   It's much more likely that the book will do well if his arch nemesis is a character people actually care about, let alone have heard of before.  That way it will draw in the MK fans and the Daken fans.  As far as MK not being in Dakens league, well he'll just have to step up his game then won't he.  It's not like characters are stuck at the same skill level forever, characters should  evolve and progress in skill. Otherwise what's point of even reading comics.

Not to mention that this is an unconfirmed guess.  Relax people.

@danhimself said:
    " what character assassination though?  no one has even read the first issue yet....it may be the best Moon Knight book yet....this is one of my problems with other comic book fans...quit assuming everything is going to suck before you even read the book "
    This!  A million times this!
    SirSparkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SirSparkington
    @danhimself said:
    Word. 

As far as Daken being out of MN's league? Did anyone read Punisher - The List? If Frank Castle can give Daken a run for his money, then Moon Knight can do even better. I'll give Bendis the benefit of the doubt. He hasn't written anything I truly hate yet.
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @SirSparkington said:
    " @danhimself said:
    Word.   As far as Daken being out of MN's league? Did anyone read Punisher - The List? If Frank Castle can give Daken a run for his money, then Moon Knight can do even better. I'll give Bendis the benefit of the doubt. He hasn't written anything I truly hate yet. "
    At the moment, Moon Knight is out of Punisher's league.
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By warcorpse
    @ReverseNegative: OR use him imaginary spidey webs to flee if things get to tough.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.