Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1414 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

VotMK Question...

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DanialCarroll

Has Moon Knight always been this high-tech? 

I mean, in the 2006 run he had the planes and such, but still only fought with crescent darts and melee weaponry. Then in VotMK, he suddenly has carbonadium armour, which, I might add, is taken on and off by robotic arms in his house, and also has trip-line guns and some little video drone thing that comes out of his wrist. What the hell? It seems they've decided to make him even more like Batman now :-/

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bearded Justice
    @Danial79:
    yeah and i must say, im not really digging it.  hopefully he'll drop the new armor with the next series 

oh and no this is has high tech as ive seen him
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DanialCarroll

I understand that characters can evolve, but there was no lead-up to it at all. It's just like, "Hi, I'm back from Mexico and I'm now using high-tech gadgets!"

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Danial79 said:
    " I understand that characters can evolve, but there was no lead-up to it at all. It's just like, "Hi, I'm back from Mexico and I'm now using high-tech gadgets!" "
    I know. You'd think he'd just get used to melee from Mexico.
    McJawsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By McJawsh

Idk he is rich so I can see why he might use some hi-tech stuff.  And he doesn't have his powers so I'm sure it helps a lot.  Not saying I'm for it, but I don't think its completely stupid.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Meteorite

I hate the high-tech stuff. It makes him feel less like a hand-to-hand-street-level fighter and more like a cheap Iron Man.

xlizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By xlizen

I'm actually hoping he gets his Moon Phase power back and incorporates some of the tech from VOTMK, but not all of it.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DanialCarroll

Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally against the high-tech stuff, I just think it came out of nowhere...

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By G Bird

HAve you read VOTMK #1? It didn't seem like it came outta nowhere for me. I think the hi tech stuff for MK is cool. I do hope now that he's decided to kill again that Khonshu will give him the moon powers back, that would be so awesome!

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @G Bird said:
    " HAve you read VOTMK #1? It didn't seem like it came outta nowhere for me. I think the hi tech stuff for MK is cool. I do hope now that he's decided to kill again that Khonshu will give him the moon powers back, that would be so awesome! "
    Yeah, I read #1-6... Anyway, I agree that it'd be cool for him to get his powers back
    McJawsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McJawsh

Yeah I mentioned that in my Shadowland thread.  I really hope this does mean he gets his powers back.

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Danial79 said:
    " Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally against the high-tech stuff, I just think it came out of nowhere... "
    True. I'm not against it as well. It just was random. But on the other hand, alot more people with say he's a Batman ripoff.
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By warcorpse

yeah, and the tinkerer built most of it, that was weird

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By G Bird
    @warcorpse said:
    " yeah, and the tinkerer built most of it, that was weird "
    I thought that part was actually pretty cool! LOL, didn't he say he has Hobgoblin as a facebook friend?
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Meteorite said:
    " I hate the high-tech stuff. It makes him feel less like a hand-to-hand-street-level fighter and more like a cheap Iron Man. "
    Totally get where you're coming from with this.

No Caption Provided
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @InnerVenom123
    @Meteorite said:
    " I hate the high-tech stuff. It makes him feel less like a hand-to-hand-street-level fighter and more like a cheap Iron Man. "
    Totally get where you're coming from with this.

No Caption Provided
    Yeah, that was my least-liked scene in the book. He seriously does look like a wannabe Iron Man standing there like that.
    ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ckal
    @Danial79:  Yeah I've gotta say some of it is cool, but some I think is a bit too much IMO. For example, in issue 9 (?), the one with Spidey and Sandman, he can fire these MK equivalent to Spidey's webs from his wrists, and swing around the city. I have no idea where all this rope and stuff comes from, and how he can possibly store it in his suit. 

Also, while very cool, his parachute deployments I have the same problem with. Where does he store all this stuff in the arms of his suit? Looks rather skin tight to me.

I don't like how he puts his suit on Iron Man style either. It would make sense to me that the carbonadium would just be attached to his suit already, and he could just slip the whole thing on by himself rather quickly. Hopefully they get rid of this for the future.  

Oh yeah, and he seems to have rocket boots now, which he used in a later issue of VotMK. Only seen him use them once ,but cool stuff.

I do like how he is sporting the carbonadium armor now, as well as some of his other gadgets. I'm just really not a fan of the Spidey web's type deal.
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By warcorpse

Where the hell is his Truncheon?

warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By warcorpse

And truncheon is too hard to say. They should just call it his whoop ass stick, no?

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @ckal: Wow, I haven't gotten to all that stuff yet. A parachute is quite a bulking thing to be carrying around on your back all the time, and having lines come out of his wrist is just... weird. Though I saw a preview of Batman #703 the other day and both Batman and Damian are swinging through the city on ropes (a la Spider-Man), and all I could think was, "where the hell are they getting all this rope from?", so I guess it's the same deal... 

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.