Should Marlene get costumed up?

#1 Posted by Danial79 (2352 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been reading a lot of Marc Spector: Moon Knight lately, and in it, Marlene does quite a bit of ass-kicking herself, which got me thinking: Should she get a costume? I mean, she's fighting side-by-side with Moon Knight, but her identity is out there for all the bad guys to see. Would she suit being a female Moon Knight? Could she have her own different costume? What do you think? I think it would be cool to see them as a duo, kind of like an unpowered Sue & Reed.

#2 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

I've been reading a lot of Marc Spector: Moon Knight lately, and in it, Marlene does quite a bit of ass-kicking herself, which got me thinking: Should she get a costume? I mean, she's fighting side-by-side with Moon Knight, but her identity is out there for all the bad guys to see. Would she suit being a female Moon Knight? Could she have her own different costume? What do you think? I think it would be cool to see them as a duo, kind of like an unpowered Sue & Reed.

Hell yeah she should. I think she should have her own costume, not sure what motif she should use. She kicked A lot of ass in that original Doug Moench run as well.

#3 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

She'd be one sexy Moon avatar!

#4 Posted by comkid100 (246 posts) - - Show Bio

That's one of the reasons why i like Marc Spector: moon knight it's a shame how Marlene has just become a love-interest that can't defend herself. To answer your question she has skill but I don't think she has enough to survive the hero game.

#5 Posted by Danial79 (2352 posts) - - Show Bio

@comkid100 said:

To answer your question she has skill but I don't think she has enough to survive the hero game.

I'm sure Marc could train her if he really wanted to :)

#6 Posted by comkid100 (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: Hmm I don't think Marc should train I think she needs a new teacher besides it'd make good character development to see her trust someone who isn't associated with Marc maybe Silver Sable or maybe she could pay Elektra (unlikely I know) or maybe an Avenger could take some time off.

#7 Posted by xlizen (106 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be great if she costumed up since it would add a new dynamic to Moon Knight. *Must think of moon themed name*

#8 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlizen said:

That would be great if she costumed up since it would add a new dynamic to Moon Knight. *Must think of moon themed name*

Luna?

#9 Edited by xlizen (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel really could push Marc and Marlene to be married and that could add a new a dynamic to Moon Knight like what it did to Spider-Man. Having them both fight crime, since they don't have powers would make the Moon Knight series more interesting. Having a superhero couple fighting together is pretty uncommon in the Marvel Universe so that alone could draw in interest. Apparently Marvel doesn't listen to us fans so it'll never happen.

@GiantsizeManThing said:

@xlizen said:

Luna?

Sounds great!

#10 Posted by ClutchWarfare (33 posts) - - Show Bio

She should stay in the kitchen looking cute where she belongs.

#11 Posted by Danial79 (2352 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlizen said:

Marvel really could push Marc and Marlene to be married and that could add a new a dynamic to Moon Knight like what it did to Spider-Man. Having them both fight crime, since they don't have powers would make the Moon Knight series more interesting. Having a superhero couple fighting together is pretty uncommon in the Marvel Universe so that alone could draw in interest. Apparently Marvel doesn't listen to us fans so it'll never happen.

@GiantsizeManThing said:

@xlizen said:

Luna?

Sounds great!

That what I was thinking. It'd be something new and interesting.

As for Luna, I think that'd be a cool name for her. Although there already is a Luna in the Marvel U.

#12 Posted by xlizen (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: Wikipedia is the answer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_deity

It has a whole list of moon deities.

#13 Posted by Danial79 (2352 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlizen said:

@Danial79: Wikipedia is the answer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_deity

It has a whole list of moon deities.

Strange that Khonsu is not in the list.

#14 Posted by xlizen (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: I found a page on Khonsu himself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khonsu

I can see why VOTMK had Khonsu look like a bird now in that arc. It makes a lot more sense and I think I remember seeing that temple in the early Moon Knight comics but I can't remember.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.