Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1414 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Old School Review: Resurrection War

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By DanialCarroll

Old School Review 

Moon Knight: Resurrection War 

Moon Knight: Resurrection War is a four-part mini-series that was released in early 1998. Moon Knight, having died at the end of Marc Spector: Moon Knight, is resurrected by Khonshu once again. Khonshu's nemesis, the Egyptian god, Set, is using Morpheus to do his bidding and bring darkness upon the world. To do so, Morpheus enlists the help of Moon Knight's enemies, Bushman and Black Spectre, to blow up the United Nations Building during an important conference. Moon Knight, with the help of his regular allies, and that of Khonshu, has to stop them before it is too late. 

Doug Moench, Moon Knight's creator, takes the reins on this one again, and writes an interesting story using several of Moon Knight's past enemies and allies. At its heart, Resurrection War is a battle of the gods, each using their respective human pawns, but thankfully limits the spiritual aspect to the realm of dreams, keeping the story grounded. Tommy Edwards art is a little scratchy for my tastes, but it does seem to fit the story rather well, and most of the time I didn't even notice. 

Overall, I think this series is worth the read, and would recommend it to any Moon Knight fans that have yet to do so. However, I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is not already familiar with Moon Knight's allies and enemies. 

Writing: 4/5
    Art: 3/5
    OVERALL: 3/5
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By InnerVenom123

Oh wow, I wrote a story totally similar to this without even realizing it. Good review though!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.