Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1414 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Official All New Moon Knight Thread

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jonny_anonymous: That's awesome!) Now if only #14 would finally get released I'd be the happiest man alive.

@stainedglassscarlet: Lovin' that MK finally appeared (sorta) somewhere outside his own title)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@cyberwarrior: I hope it was only delayed a week and it will be out tomorrow

Avatar image for stainedglassscarlet
    StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@foolkiller1: the main problem I have with Woods run is that it felt like he wanted to write a story about third world politics/war and he used Moon Knight to tell it, not the other way around.

There were some diamonds in the rough like the aircraft prison issue and the One World Trade Center issue, but even then, Moon Knight's (and Khonshu's) characterization/dialogue came off as tonally awkward and different than what came before.

Having said that, I appreciate that Brian Wood tried to make it his own thing and stand apart from Ellis, but it just didn't work for me.

StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I hope too! Last time I checked Comixology it said it would be released April 29th

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I could'a wait one more week, but what bothers me is that there was no reason for the delay-- whatsoever it'l probably be out tomorrow... Probably.

Btw that unnamed tv show you we're talking about, did it turn out to be a Mockingbird series, or did you mean something else?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: ah I read your post incorrectly, I thought you were saying there was definitive news that it would be released tomorrow

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1359  Edited By Bystander
    @cyberwarrior said:

That unnamed tv show people we're talking about, did it turn out to be a Mockingbird series, or is it something else?

StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview for Moon Knight 14. Guess it's coming out next week after all

http://comicsbulletin.com/exclusive-marvel-preview-moon-knight-14/

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stainedglassscarlet: Yeah I wonder if the solicit on the Marvel website was just wrong.

After reading the preview for #14 I realised how much I actually like how the Egyptian gods are portrayed in Moon Knight comics. Unlike the other gods like the Asgardians and Olympians in the Marvel Universe the Egyptian gods aren't just generic flying bricks who smash stuff. The Egyptian gods are shown as more ethereal and mysterious, almost like they are dead gods and when you think about it that actually makes sense. The Egyptian gods are an extremely old race of gods and almost all of their worshipers are gone unlike Asgardians and Olympians who still have small pockets of worshipers here and there (and I bet there is even more in the Marvel Universe) so if a gods power is connected to its worshipers do you think the lack of them is why the Egyptian gods can't\won't manifest in their physical form on earth and instead work through avatars and proxies like Khonshu and Bast does?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79: I think the solicit was just wrong but nothing official has been said.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberwarrior: So do you think there will be a Werewolf-By-Night appearance or not?

StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I don't think there will be a Werewolf by Night appearance, but I love the throwback line.

Alls I know is Werewolf by Night would make a great recurring character in this series, or at the very least, put them together in a horror style team book

EDIT: Also, it kind of irks me that Magneto and Moon Knight first debuted at the exact same time in 2014, yet Magneto is already on issue #17 and we are just barely getting #14 out.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I don't think there will be a Werewolf by Night appearance, but I love the throwback line.

Alls I know is Werewolf by Night would make a great recurring character in this series, or at the very least, put them together in a horror style team book

EDIT: Also, it kind of irks me that Magneto and Moon Knight first debuted at the exact same time in 2014, yet Magneto is already on issue #17 and we are just barely getting #14 out.

agreeeeeeeed

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did everybody think?

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Mixed feelings, to be honest. I loved the whole gods thing (that scene with Flint was awesome), but I was terribly disappointed by the fact that the attacks were commited by ordinary muts and had absolutely nothing to do with Werewolfs or anything supernatural at all. Oh, and the panel where an ordinary dog crushes Moon Knights 'carbonadium' armor with a bite killed me.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberwarrior: agreed but the armor thing didn't annoy me. I didn't like the "boo" or the "huh where did he go?" parts.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Well, these episodes weren't too cool as well, but MK's sudden disappearence could be some sort of proof of the interference of Khonshu or whatever.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1376  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@cyberwarrior:,@jonny_anonymous said:

@cyberwarrior: agreed but the armor thing didn't annoy me. I didn't like the "boo" or the "huh where did he go?" parts.

Loved the 'boo' and the armor thing didn't bother me either. MK had most of his assets seized at the end of Wood's run. So maybe he's having to use lower quality armor for the time being.

I liked that they weren't actually werewolves. Interesting twist. I'm officially done with the 'done in one' angle for future books though. We need some arcs, high key stories and some more characterization for Spector. Following what Ellis set up.

Bunn's doing good work but it isn't enough.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hit_monkey: I just thought the boo and all the people running away was a bit too "cute".

The change in artist towards the end pretty much confirmed why the book was late though.

Avatar image for deactivated-598aab95b6c09
    deactivated-598aab95b6c09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On 14: I really liked tbh. I was expecting some real Werewolves, but I really liked the twist of them being just dogs. Plus, I thought that his "insanity/psyche issues" were treated pretty darn good, with him "talking" with the Gods.

On another note, so, I guess Moon Knight's dead right now, what with Secret Wars # 1 and all. But there is a Manhattan region in Battleworld and Alonso said that they have plans for MK, so maybe he gets saves? He does operate in NYC anyway.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: It's fooked, yup. This? - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/30/why-telltale-should-adapt-marvels-moon-knight.

*Some reason comic vine won't let me link it as it is?

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: @hit_monkey: Thanks for this! It looks interesting.

Here's another link, hope it works better: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/30/why-telltale-should-adapt-marvels-moon-knight

StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hit_monkey I loved The Walking Dead by Tale Tell Games (only played the first 2 episodes but it was great story telling). I could see this form of story telling be great for MK. Perhaps the choices you make will lead to an ending that is more violent (like Huston's MK) or maybe you come out on top a bit more sane (like Hurwitz' run). If they connect this game to the MCU, that's all you need for an origin story, then you could hit the ground running in Avengers Infinity War and say 'here is this character, his name is Moon Knight, here's what he can do--and by the way he's a bit off his rocker'.

StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About issue #14, I'd rate it a 7/10. A good one and done, but I think after Bunn's run is over, a full arc story would be much appreciated.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be fantastic!

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally got around to reading the latest issue. I think I might finally be done with this series. I'm finding this version of Moon Knight quite boring and the novelty of the new costume has well and truly worn off. I just checked the sales and it seems I'm not the only one. Issue #13 only sold 23k, and as you might know, Marvel cancel books around 20k, so the end might well be nigh anyway.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: that's been my new home screen on my phone the past few days. Love it!

StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview for issue 15 is up. Looks good

http://www.comicosity.com/preview-moon-knight-15/

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79: Wouldn't it be better if the book got better instead of getting cancelled? ;P

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Bunn's stories for Moon Knight so far, but I do worry that he is starting to spread himself too thin with all the titles he seems to be juggling these days. I think the character and fans deserve a writer that can really focus on taking this character further than he has been with his last few recent issues.

Avatar image for deactivated-598aab95b6c09
    deactivated-598aab95b6c09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Axel in Charge:

Prince Of Orphans asks, "What's the status of Moon Knight post Cullen Bunn's tenure? Will it be continuing?"

Alonso: Yes. New writer and artist.

Also, here's the link to the interview: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/axel-in-charge-inside-marvels-massive-secret-wars-1

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79: Wouldn't it be better if the book got better instead of getting cancelled? ;P

Of course it would be, but having lost so many readers already, no one will know it's gotten better :)

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79: I really hope that at least this book won't get cancelled. 'Cause in that case Moon Knight wouldn get a new run no sooner than in 5-7 years, considering how 'long' the two previous runs were. I woudn't even be able to blame Marvel for that, as they don't have to write a character who noone would read.

@darthkostis: Looks like we aren't getting cancelled at all!)

Gutwire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1395  Edited By Gutwire

#15 was amazing. Pacing was similar to the Shalvey/ Bellaire/ Ellis issues but more importantly it felt like Bunn made it his own. Great one and done but with strong ties to the background arc involving Khonshu. Bringing out the guns!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stainedglassscarlet: @darthkostis: @rag_man: @danial79: @cyberwarrior: @gutwire: @jonny_anonymous: Thoughts and views on #15, gents? Me? I liked it. The dialogue is still a little clunky and the storytelling lacks some overall polish. I'm still interested in what's going on though.

SPOILERS -

Khonshu's not 'forsaking him' for the umpteenth time but he is up to no good again. This time he may have another avatar that's been cuttin about at night eating wee kids. I hope there is more to it than that. As this great big monster guy. Who eats kids at night, is quite literally the opposite of what Khonshu is all about in this series. So yeah, where this is going intrigues me. The last issue. Khonshu is basically doing a favor for other Egyptian gods. (That's Spector's reason he has in his head for doing it, anyway.)

So does Khonshu do a lot of wheeling and dealing with other weird, dead god guys behind Spector's back? He's never very forthcoming with him and already did this with Dr lady in Wood's run. Maybe something like the deal he did with dog-god guys got him involved with the boogieman dude?

Khonshu is creepy. Not a trustworthy sort of deity. High stakes betting with other extra-dimensional entities got him pretty deep in the hole, maybe? Now he's got Spector turning tricks for other gods and someone he owes big-time gave him a boogieman to look after? Just a thought? ;)

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79 said:
    @cyberwarrior said:

Of course it would be, but having lost so many readers already, no one will know it's gotten better :)

Man, if it gets better. People will hear about it, surely?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hit_monkey: I think both the art and the writing are better than last issue which seemed really rushed to me. Not sure what creepy Uncle Khonshu is up to this time but I hope it's more than it seems. Maybe that monster guy has a connection to the Cult of Khonshu?

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Didn't Bunn say something about bringing CoK back for his run? That seems to ring a bell, mate.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.