Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Official All New Moon Knight Thread

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I was just reading Moon Knight's profile page and saw that it ends with him fighting the ghosts (Issue #3). Do one of you that are enjoying the series want to update it? I would do it, but I find it hard to write objectively when writing about something I don't like :)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Avatar image for stainedglassscarlet
    StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1205  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@dagmar_merrill: @gutwire: @daredevil21134: @cyberwarrior: @jonny_anonymous: @jon_s: You guys seen the solicitation for what I presume to be #14? Looks pretty good eh?

No Caption Provided

CULLEN BUNN (W) • RON ACKINS (A) Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY

• There is a monster under the beds of the children of Manhattan and he’s hungry.

• Many children have already fallen to the beast’s hunger and it’s up to Moon Knight to stop it.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hit_monkey: Yeah looks pretty good. I wonder how Marc losing all his assets will affect the character.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1207  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@jonny_anonymous: Spector did say he had 'other stashes' when he was on the pone to the blogger. So I think he'll still have fairly high end tech at his disposal. Aside from that. Frank Castle just takes cash off the guys he goes after and that works out great for him. I don't see why Moon Knight wouldn't do the same if he was a little light on resources? It'd be like a tribute to Khonshu ect thing if you think about it?

Though, I really wouldn't hold it against Bunn if he ignored Wood's run on Moon Knight entirely.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Spector did say he had 'other stashes' when he was on the pone to the blogger. So I think he'll still have fairly high end tech at his disposal. Aside from that. Frank Castle just takes cash off the guys he goes after and that works out great for him. I don't see why Moon Knight wouldn't do the same if he was a little light on resources? It'd be like a tribute to Khonshu ect thing if you think about it?

Though, I really wouldn't hold it against Bunn if he ignored Wood's run on Moon Knight entirely.

Why would they go to the bother of making him lose his cash tho? It would be kinda pointless if they just ignored it or if he just had more tech\cash. Bunn said he would be following on from what Wood did.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: They made him lose some of his cash. He did say that he had more stashed and I don't see how Moon Knight can function as he does without decent tech. Muggers/petty crimes? Sure but that 'weird crime' he deals with? Spector needs his tech for that. #13 he's gonna be fighting werewolves. How's he going to pull that off without his equipment?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hit_monkey: I don't know but it could be cool to see Marc get down and dirty Daredevil style with no tech for a while. I mean I do want to snazzy limo and drone back but it could be cool for an arc.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1212  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@danial79: Yeah he did. Marc Spector: Moon Knight featured tech and it was way before '09.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I'd be down for an arc with limited resources as a plot-point. I mean why not? I'd like to see Moon Knight handle things solely by himself. More feats and that.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1214  Edited By DanialCarroll

@hit_monkey said:

@danial79: Yeah he did. Marc Spector: Moon Knight featured tech and it was way before '09.

Did it? I don't remember any tech in that series. Just the horrible armoured suit. What sort of stuff was it?

EDIT: Do you just mean the Angelwing?

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1215  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@danial79: Angel-Wing, Moon-Copter, high-tech lair, Adamantium staff, adamantium armour, communicator rings to a matrix of intelligence agents at his disposal and a good few other things that don't leap to mind at the mo.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hit_monkey: Ah, yes, I remember that now. That was the horrendous 2nd half of the run. I've tried my hardest to erase it from memory

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished reading the latest issue and it seems like a great setup. I'm actually hopeful for the series for the first time since Wood started on it

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberwarrior: Innit. Moon Knight vs The Boogeyman is a great premise.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1220  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@danial79 said:

@hit_monkey: Ah, yes, I remember that now. That was the horrendous 2nd half of the run. I've tried my hardest to erase it from memory

Yeah. It was pretty rotten lol

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79 said:

Yeah. It was pretty rotten lol

It's strange how that arc's demon-heritage elements have been "forgotten" by future Moon Knight writers :P

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79: Totally. I mean, who would forgo that stellar bit of writing eh? haha

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm champing at the bit for Bunn's run to start.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberwarrior: I liked Smallwood but sometimes his faces could look a bit off. But I really like some of Ron Akin's art

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: That's quite not-bad, exept for the few unproportional elements like the over-sized hand on the first pic and Storm's infinite neck.

Just a bit more effort hoiwever, and he will be able to pull of some really great stuff I believe)

StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for Cullen Bunn's take to start either. I just re-read the entirety of Wood/Smallwood's run, and while Smallwood's art definitely grew on me over time, Wood's writing was just atrocious. Overtly on the nose with international politics doesn't fit Moon Knight at all. And can anyone describe to me what exactly went on in the 'Doctor' issue, where they had the hypnotism session? Pretty sure 2 people can't share a psychology session inside the mind… And the random switching between "Mr. Night" (always misspelled, should at least be Mr. Knight), Lockley, Grant, ect. just for the sake of making MK look crazy? It served no real purpose. The reveal about the doctor at the end doing everything all for money was a let down, and made Khonshu appear dumb. Khonshu especially was written incredibly lame throughout the arc. Khonshu's dialogue was always off-putting, and had no clear motivation. WHO LET WOOD ON THIS BOOK?!? /rant over

Anyways, Ron Ackin's art looks incredible, and Bunn seems to be a legit fan of MK. From the interview I read, he seems to be bringing back the supernatural/weird vibes… including "profiteering ectoplasm peddlers, boogeymen, wild animals, and a Khonshu cult".

HOWEVER

Let's see some classic rogues, like Stained Glass Scarlet and Morpheus! Who's with me?

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stainedglassscarlet: I am! Totally agree with what you said, however, I would as well be glad to see the Werewolf by Night ;)

StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberwarrior: I'd love to see some more Werewolf by Night as well, he should get his own ongoing. Marvel needs a good horror comic.

We haven't had some good MK vs werewolf action since Huston's run. That #20 issue was so solid.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1232  Edited By Bystander

@stainedglassscarlet: I'd say it was more than 'solid'. I'd say: "that fight is the most iconical battle in MK's publication history." Alright, I may be exaggerating a bit here but that fight was epic non-less)

We need more of that Werewolf stuff.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for Cullen Bunn's take to start either. I just re-read the entirety of Wood/Smallwood's run, and while Smallwood's art definitely grew on me over time, Wood's writing was just atrocious. Overtly on the nose with international politics doesn't fit Moon Knight at all. And can anyone describe to me what exactly went on in the 'Doctor' issue, where they had the hypnotism session? Pretty sure 2 people can't share a psychology session inside the mind… And the random switching between "Mr. Night" (always misspelled, should at least be Mr. Knight), Lockley, Grant, ect. just for the sake of making MK look crazy? It served no real purpose. The reveal about the doctor at the end doing everything all for money was a let down, and made Khonshu appear dumb. Khonshu especially was written incredibly lame throughout the arc. Khonshu's dialogue was always off-putting, and had no clear motivation. WHO LET WOOD ON THIS BOOK?!? /rant over

Anyways, Ron Ackin's art looks incredible, and Bunn seems to be a legit fan of MK. From the interview I read, he seems to be bringing back the supernatural/weird vibes… including "profiteering ectoplasm peddlers, boogeymen, wild animals, and a Khonshu cult".

HOWEVER

Let's see some classic rogues, like Stained Glass Scarlet and Morpheus! Who's with me?

Agreed with everything

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did everybody think of the solicit?

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Loved it. All those sacrifices I made to Khonshu during Woods run seem totally worth it now. ;)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hit_monkey: lol yeah we seem to be getting back on track now

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1239  Edited By Bystander

@jonny_anonymous: a lot better than smallwoods, but the way he draws human faces somehow disturbs me a bit. I don't know, maybe I'll get over that feeling after reading the issue itself...

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: MK appears to be in good hands for the first time since Ellis. Why is it so hard for some people to get a handle on the character?

The art looks great too. Though it doesn't look like Bellaire is still doing colors, which makes me sad.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gutwire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Speaking of which. Did you people see the article for Spiderman Renew Your Vows? because apparently Moon Knight and Daredevil are featured in it and well... it sounds like bad news for our boy.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/16/amazing-spider-man-renew-your-vows-will-be-last-spider-man-story

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gutwire: @gutwire: "The Regent’s identity is top-secret—all that Marvel is saying about him/her is that the villain has a plan in place, and it’s one that Daredevil and Moon Knight have already fallen prey to."

Ouch. It really does...

Gutwire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1246  Edited By Gutwire

@cyberwarrior: I feel like saying that maybe its not as bad as it sounds. Why would they outright end Daredevil and Moon Knight and just outright tease it that way. Maybe that thinking is flawed though as they've done that with other characters.

StainedGlassScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jordie Bellaire confirmed via Twitter she is no longer coloring Moon Knight with this new creative team.

Also, the solicit for Moon Knight 16 came out today. Very vague on the plot but gorgeous cover.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gutwire: @gutwire: "The Regent’s identity is top-secret—all that Marvel is saying about him/her is that the villain has a plan in place, and it’s one that Daredevil and Moon Knight have already fallen prey to."

Ouch. It really does...

Is The Regent's plan to turn all the gritty street characters in to saturday morning cartoon style books? Because he's already got Daredevil.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: If that is The Regent's plan... Then Marc should be extremly cautious with this sinister abomination.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stainedglassscarlet: That's sad. I hoped she would stay for a while. Will she at least keep working on the covers?

@gutwire: Well, what do we do in such cases? Hope for the best!)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.