Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Multiple Personalities In Comics

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Edited By TheCheeseStabber

I've been hooked on Two Face and Moon Knight comics lately and noticed the multiple personaltie disorders in them making them a more inept and intresting character. I wanted to know what you guys think should they keep the multi going on or do you feel it insults people with that as an actual mental syndrome.In a way symbiotes also shows this by fighting for control with human and symbiote mind Personsally i feel no harm and are all for it yet i have friends who are angered by it

junkmasterzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By junkmasterzero
    @TheCheeseStabber: Did you mean "inept"?
    Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By Hunter114

I think that having duel or multiple personalities brings better stories and can get a better, more in-depth look into the character...

Also most superheroes and some villains also show a divided personality of sorts with their dual identity, it is just shown to much more extreme lengths.
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ReverseNegative

Yeah, multiple personalities are awesome. Helps show a character fighting with his inner demons.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

Moon Knight doesn't actually have multiple personality disorder. He pretends to... or atleast, he did, until Bendis got a hold of him and didn't do his goddamn research.

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bearded Justice

I like my Moon Knight to have his different personalities, and be talking to weird gods and crap.  makes it interesting.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
    @aztek the lost: as do i yet i have friends who feel the potrayle of insane characters is hurtful
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By warcorpse
    @InnerVenom123: You are REALLY not looking forward to Bendis' moon knight are you?
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @warcorpse: I may read it, but I certainly won't spend any money on it (after reading, I'll probably rant about it). This is garbage, as I've said countless times.
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Moon Knight doesn't actually have multiple personality disorder. He pretends to... or atleast, he did, until Bendis got a hold of him and didn't do his goddamn research. "
    I thought that he used to in the original comics. Or were those just different aliases? I know he pretended in more current comics, but I thought he had multiple personalities in the original 80s comics.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @aztek the lost said:
    " how is it insulting? I find insane characters that push through life encouraging because it gives hope "
    This was insulting;

No Caption Provided
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @aztek the lost: I've not read that, but I probably should...
    Doctor Damn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Doctor Damn

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Grant Morrison's Crazy Jane was some of the more brilliant multiple personality depictions in his original run on Doom Patrol, IMO. Especially the story where Robotman goes inside of her head and how her psyche was mapped? Great stuff. You could literally see the precursor to his X-Men work in his run on Doom Patrol.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @aztek the lost: I loved GM's Doom Patrol (one of my favourite runs ever), but I'm working my way through Fables, Greek Street and Madame Xanadu atm. After I've finished those, I'll check out Shade :)

Red Jack was epic.
    Doctor Damn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Doctor Damn
    @aztek the lost: Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol was one of the most dysfunctional teams ever if not THE most dysfunctional based on all of their problems...how it was kind of a parody of the superhero genre but at the same time a serious take on the genre was phenomenal. I prefer Mr. Nobody and the Brotherhood of Dada over Red Jack, though. Red Jack was great, but Mr. Nobody's Dada theme was brilliant. 
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By DanialCarroll

Moon Knight doesn't have multiple personality disorder. He simply has multiple aliases that he uses for various purposes. I don't get why people (including Bendis) can't see this. It's possible that Khonshu is just a figment of his imagination, but that's about as "insane" as Moon Knight gets.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @ReverseNegative said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Moon Knight doesn't actually have multiple personality disorder. He pretends to... or atleast, he did, until Bendis got a hold of him and didn't do his goddamn research. "
    I thought that he used to in the original comics. Or were those just different aliases? I know he pretended in more current comics, but I thought he had multiple personalities in the original 80s comics. "
    Nope. Aliases. He even joked around about it. "Time for a date with Schziophrenia!" (I lol'd).
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @ReverseNegative said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    I thought that he used to in the original comics. Or were those just different aliases? I know he pretended in more current comics, but I thought he had multiple personalities in the original 80s comics. "
    Nope. Aliases. He even joked around about it. "Time for a date with Schziophrenia!" (I lol'd). "
    If it was a disorder, he wouldn't have a say in when they came out. He'd be driving his cab and suddenly spurt out, "What on earth am I doing in this filthy machine!? And why am I driving myself?" :P
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Danial79: EXACTLY! LOL
    jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By jamesewelch

I can't believe that nobody hasn't brought up Cowboy Ninja Viking series from Image. The 10 issue run ended a few months ago and it's out in trades now (2 volumes).

I really enjoyed CNV and it's one of G-Man's favs too. Check out some of the reviews on the site.

The main character has 3 distinct personalities - Cowboy, Ninja, and Viking - and his own personality, so I guess that makes it 4. The US government had a secret project that took multiple personality disorder patients and trained them to use their personalities for elite missions, but the group had problems and was disbanded. In the beginning of the series, the project lead is getting the team back together. There's dozens of multiple personality disorder good guys and bad guys. The lettering was really great. Each dialogue had a little symbol (pistol, katana, axe) to signal which personality was speaking and there was even an issue or two where the personalities were in conflict with each other and one "disappeared" and required the other personalities to find him.

If you like reading conflicted personalities and super-agent type missions (none were super-powered, but there were various assassins, SEALs, explosive experts, snipers, karate, etc. personalities). Most of the other people had 2 deadly personalities and 1 slightly comical personalities, such as Sniper, Karate Master, and Chef or Gladiator, Oceanographer, and Pirate.

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AllNewOverseer

@InnerVenom123:
    Well this is comics, and not much media actually portrays DID correctly (we have a hard enough time in reality). YMMV. I like to think he DOES have it in addition to possibly having schziophrenia (I say possible because its kind of ambiguis conserning Khonshu's existance, which I like) but to each his own. And, didn't Charlie Huston (Moon Knight 2006) say "Moon Knight has three alter egos which aid him as much in dealing with personal demons as fighting law-breakers, and which have taken a further psychological toll of causing dissociative identity disorder. "

KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KZR

I like characters with mental disorders they are really interesting. I mean isn't it good to be out of the ordinary?

ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @KZR said:
    " I like characters with mental disorders they are really interesting. I mean isn't it good to be out of the ordinary? "
    If you think about it further, though, it seems more ordinary in comics to have crazy characters than not. Therefore, the mentally stable are the ones out of the ordinary. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.