Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1414 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Moon Knight with Guns?

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By ReverseNegative

Is Moon Knight only using guns in the Vengance of the Moon Knight series, or is he using them in the mainstream comic as well. I only read like the first 10 comics of the 2006 reboot and he doesn't use guns, which kinda disappoints me.

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By jamesewelch

The Vengeance of the Moon Knight is the current ongoing MK "mainstream" comic. That and the new Secret Avengers are the only two titles that Moon Knight is in (excluding special events like Shadowland).

Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Tainted-Cell

He's ex-military, a former mercenary, and has no problem killing criminals to "satisfy" Khonshu. In his hangar are all kinds of weaponry, and the Mooncopter is equipped with all kinds of lethal weaponry. That said, Marc will more often than not prefer the up-close-and-personal style of fighting, particularly in Charlie Huston's reboot issues. I've read nearly all of Huston's novels, and although a lot of his characters use guns, most of the crazy ones will resort to beating/stabbing their victims to death. And since he wanted to portray Marc as psychotic.... well, you know. 
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Sparda

MK doesn't even use guns in Vengeance of Moon Knight (I believe). He uses entirely non-fatal means of combating his opponents, so he uses darts and grappling lines and whatnot since he's trying to reform his image. When he was fighting against Deadpool he refused to really go at him because he thought he'd kill DP, but when he found out that he has a healing factor he chopped him up real good.

So, yeah, sorry to disappoint you but when he's MK anytime recently I don't think he uses guns at all.

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By G Bird
    @Tainted-Cell said:
    "
    He's ex-military, a former mercenary, and has no problem killing criminals to "satisfy" Khonshu. In his hangar are all kinds of weaponry, and the Mooncopter is equipped with all kinds of lethal weaponry. That said, Marc will more often than not prefer the up-close-and-personal style of fighting, particularly in Charlie Huston's reboot issues. I've read nearly all of Huston's novels, and although a lot of his characters use guns, most of the crazy ones will resort to beating/stabbing their victims to death. And since he wanted to portray Marc as psychotic.... well, you know.  "
    Moon Knight stopped serving Khonshu back in the 2006 run, he's out to make a good name for himself now. He doesn't kill anymore, just uses non-lethal force.
    Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bearded Justice

when i saw the covers for vengeance of Mk it looked like he had guns so im like awww cool! 
    but it turns out they are non lethal guns that fire bolas?  i think... 
    theyre still cool though
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Bearded Justice: that explains it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.