Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Moon Knight Respect Thread

• 176 results
    Avatar image for akira_overdrive
    Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Have you read the issues?

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
    Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Sparda

Vance Astro says:

"Moon Knight sucks ass.He's like a mixture of Daredevil and Batman but only the bad parts."

Dude, it's a respect thread. Jeez.

Go bash him somewhere else already.

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Akira Overdrive says:

"Have you read the issues?"

Not yet.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Moon Knight sucks ass.He's like a mixture of Daredevil and Batman but only the bad parts.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sparda says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Moon Knight sucks ass.He's like a mixture of Daredevil and Batman but only the bad parts."
    Dude, it's a *respect* thread. Jeez. Go bash him somewhere else already."

NEVAH!!!!

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Vance Astro says:

No, You suck.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Midnight Lantern says:

"Vance Astro says:
    No, You suck."

Well your entitled to your opinion.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Nighthunter

Moonknight is a great character

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Hadrelius

I've been a MK fan since the days of Werewolf by Night. I became a big fan when he was placed with the Defenders during the Zodiac run. I hate when he's compared to Batman. They have nothing in common other than having other identities and being rich. If that's the case, then Ironman is more like Batman. If he's similar to anyone it would be Black Panther, since they both are powered by African gods.

Conspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Conspiracy

Moon Knight is cool, everybody has a character they like others don't.

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spider2dfly

Is he a "hero" or an "anti-hero"?

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By T.J. Magnum

im a MK fan

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By T.J. Magnum

spider2dfly says:

"Is he a "hero" or an "anti-hero"?"

anti

Little Redhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Little Redhead

I enjoy watching his brutal slaughter of criminals :D

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

MK's cool. I like em better without his powers.

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lord Doom

I enjoy Moon Knight's comics but he doesn't really have any significance in the Marvel you.He will clean the streets up for you but he's not the guy your going to call when you need to take down someone with actual powers.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hadrelius

He deserves to play a bigger role. I think he 's equal to Dardedevil as far as his role in the Marvel U. I like the idea of his powers being based on the moon. After all, he is the acvatar of a Moon God. He should have never been an Avenger though. When peopl ecompare him to Daredevil or BAtman I feel they don't know either of the characters. Just because he uses a billy-club (just one of his weapons) he's like Daredevil. Just because he's a caped crime-fighter with no real powers, he's like Batman. People just don't take the time to see how unique he is. I think they should put back is some of the elements of the original character as far as the monster fighting.

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lord Doom

Alpha says:

"He deserves to play a bigger role. I think he 's equal to Dardedevil as far as his role in the Marvel U. I like the idea of his powers being based on the moon. After all, he is the acvatar of a Moon God. He should have never been an Avenger though. When peopl ecompare him to Daredevil or BAtman I feel they don't know either of the characters. Just because he uses a billy-club (just one of his weapons) he's like Daredevil. Just because he's a caped crime-fighter with no real powers, he's like Batman. People just don't take the time to see how unique he is. I think they should put back is some of the elements of the original character as far as the monster fighting. "

Moon Knight isn't equal to Daredevil in any aspect of existance.DD actually has a superhuman attribute and s respected by other superheroes.Nobody respects Moon Knight...he's a dirtbag and he takes advantage of people that aren't great fighters and kills them.People compare him to Batman because of his dark nature and to DD because they both fight local crime...but MK does have his own unique attributes.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hadrelius

Lord Doom says:

"Alpha says:
    "He deserves to play a bigger role. I think he 's equal to Dardedevil as far as his role in the Marvel U. I like the idea of his powers being based on the moon. After all, he is the acvatar of a Moon God. He should have never been an Avenger though. When peopl ecompare him to Daredevil or BAtman I feel they don't know either of the characters. Just because he uses a billy-club (just one of his weapons) he's like Daredevil. Just because he's a caped crime-fighter with no real powers, he's like Batman. People just don't take the time to see how unique he is. I think they should put back is some of the elements of the original character as far as the monster fighting. "
    Moon Knight isn't equal to Daredevil in any aspect of existance.DD actually has a superhuman attribute and s respected by other superheroes.Nobody respects Moon Knight...he's a dirtbag and he takes advantage of people that aren't great fighters and kills them.People compare him to Batman because of his dark nature and to DD because they both fight local crime...but MK does have his own unique attributes."

When u say he isn't equal to DD, in what sense are saying? DD superhuman ablities never really gave him an advantage against other great fighter (Iron Fist, Cap America). Even Moon Knight and Punisher have beenin comics fighting him to a draw. I will admit that no one has done MK right since back in the day, but all he needs is a writer who respects the original idea of the character and stop trying to make him into like every other powerless crimefighter.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Last_Guardian

Moon Knight is the shit! i've been reading this current series formt he start...and i would lvoe him to get involved in secret invasion...just love this guy and his multiple personalities

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lord Doom

Alpha says:

"Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    Moon Knight isn't equal to Daredevil in any aspect of existance.DD actually has a superhuman attribute and s respected by other superheroes.Nobody respects Moon Knight...he's a dirtbag and he takes advantage of people that aren't great fighters and kills them.People compare him to Batman because of his dark nature and to DD because they both fight local crime...but MK does have his own unique attributes."
    When u say he isn't equal to DD, in what sense are saying? DD superhuman ablities never really gave him an advantage against other great fighter (Iron Fist, Cap America). Even Moon Knight and Punisher have beenin comics fighting him to a draw. I will admit that no one has done MK right since back in the day, but all he needs is a writer who respects the original idea of the character and stop trying to make him into like every other powerless crimefighter. "

When I say Moon Knight isn't equal to DD I mean his isn't physically or intellectually on his level.Deadpool is considered one of Marvel's top (I don't know why since alot of his fights are indecisive) and when he fought DD he didn't even touch him.DD fights alot of people to draws but Moon Knight wouldn't do much better.MK is a pretty useless character.I only read his comics for the blood and gore.His dialouge is insignificant because nothing he says means anything and nothing he does has much impact on Marvel as a whole.Writers aren't going to respect a character who has nothing to offer.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hadrelius

Lord Doom says:

"Alpha says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    When u say he isn't equal to DD, in what sense are saying? DD superhuman ablities never really gave him an advantage against other great fighter (Iron Fist, Cap America). Even Moon Knight and Punisher have beenin comics fighting him to a draw. I will admit that no one has done MK right since back in the day, but all he needs is a writer who respects the original idea of the character and stop trying to make him into like every other powerless crimefighter. "
    When I say Moon Knight isn't equal to DD I mean his isn't physically or intellectually on his level.Deadpool is considered one of Marvel's top (I don't know why since alot of his fights are indecisive) and when he fought DD he didn't even touch him.DD fights alot of people to draws but Moon Knight wouldn't do much better.MK is a pretty useless character.I only read his comics for the blood and gore.His dialouge is insignificant because nothing he says means anything and nothing he does has much impact on Marvel as a whole.Writers aren't going to respect a character who has nothing to offer. "

That's where your wrong. Yo are reading the recent MK, you need to read some of his earlier books, or even Defenders 48-50. MK was more like Blade than any of those others. He was a monster hunter that worked with heros no and then. His fighting skill was so good that he beat Nick Fury without trying. Over time, writers chnaged him in to more of a street vigilante and that was the end of a unique character. Don't base your opinion on what you read now, it wasn't a change for the better. And that fight with DD, he did hit him. MK #13 (1980)

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lord Doom

Alpha says:

"Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    When I say Moon Knight isn't equal to DD I mean his isn't physically or intellectually on his level.Deadpool is considered one of Marvel's top (I don't know why since alot of his fights are indecisive) and when he fought DD he didn't even touch him.DD fights alot of people to draws but Moon Knight wouldn't do much better.MK is a pretty useless character.I only read his comics for the blood and gore.His dialouge is insignificant because nothing he says means anything and nothing he does has much impact on Marvel as a whole.Writers aren't going to respect a character who has nothing to offer. "
    That's where your wrong. Yo are reading the recent MK, you need to read some of his earlier books, or even Defenders 48-50. MK was more like Blade than any of those others. He was a monster hunter that worked with heros no and then. His fighting skill was so good that he beat Nick Fury without trying. Over time, writers chnaged him in to more of a street vigilante and that was the end of a unique character. Don't base your opinion on what you read now, it wasn't a change for the better. And that fight with DD, he did hit him. MK #13 (1980) "

-Reading old Moon Knight i'm sure would be just as big of a waste of time as reading what he does now.

-Blade is alot more interesting than Moon Knight (even though the Vampire who kills Vampires thing has been done so many times)

-Beating Nick Fury means nothing really.Fury is skilled but any of the top fighters in Marvel wouldn't have a problem with him,especially not DD.

-Moon Knights existance was always meaningless,now it's just even more so.

-I'm not referring to MK and DD's fight I was referring to DD and Deadpool's fight.Deadpool didn't touch him.I have only seen Deadpool get a hit off in one of their fights and there is no telling who actually won that.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hadrelius

I see you just hate the character. Reading his old comics would show hoe unique he was. Again. he was nothing like what they are making him to be now. He was a supernatural character who fought supernatural things. A lot more interseting than Blade. Nick Fury is no pushover and to beat him without even trying is nothing to look down at. How can you say he was meaningless? There is still a need for his original concept. DC has characters that deal with supernatural instances, but marvel has only Ghost Rider. I think you may be being a little closed minded. No insult intended.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zee crusher

Damn you really that dumb midnight lantern I mean wolfenstein. This is not a respect thread its a picture galary. You even said you haven't read stuff yet. If your gonna make a respect thread at least put some feats down or you might as well go to the moon knight gallery on the site and look at the pics there.

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lord Doom

Alpha says:

"I see you just hate the character. Reading his old comics would show hoe unique he was. Again. he was nothing like what they are making him to be now. He was a supernatural character who fought supernatural things. A lot more interseting than Blade. Nick Fury is no pushover and to beat him without even trying is nothing to look down at. How can you say he was meaningless? There is still a need for his original concept. DC has characters that deal with supernatural instances, but marvel has only Ghost Rider. I think you may be being a little closed minded. No insult intended. "

I will read his old comics eventually.I read anything Marvel.I read Howard the Duck and all of Damage control.Nick Fury isn't a pushover but the top fighters in Marvel..(Cap,T'challa,KillM,DD,Gamora,She-Hulk,Iron Fist,Shang Chi ect.) Would have 0 problem with him unless he had prep and even then not really. Moon Knight was meaningless..when was it did something in the Marvel Universe that changed anything or made an impact? I'm not close minded i'm just seeing the character for what he is.

Ecanem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ecanem

Moon Knight is awesome! =D

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lord Doom

aztek_the_lost says:

"Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    "I see you just hate the character. Reading his old comics would show hoe unique he was. Again. he was nothing like what they are making him to be now. He was a supernatural character who fought supernatural things. A lot more interseting than Blade. Nick Fury is no pushover and to beat him without even trying is nothing to look down at. How can you say he was meaningless? There is still a need for his original concept. DC has characters that deal with supernatural instances, but marvel has only Ghost Rider. I think you may be being a little closed minded. No insult intended. "

I will read his old comics eventually.I read anything Marvel.I read Howard the Duck and all of Damage control.Nick Fury isn't a pushover but the top fighters in Marvel..(Cap,T'challa,KillM,DD,Gamora,She-Hulk,Iron Fist,Shang Chi ect.) Would have 0 problem with him unless he had prep and even then not really. Moon Knight was meaningless..when was it did something in the Marvel Universe that changed anything or made an impact? I'm not close minded i'm just seeing the character for what he is."

what has Daredevil done? what has Spider-Man done? what has Wolverine done? I think everyone in the Marvel Universe is useless if that is your argument"

Spider-man,DD,and Wolverine had major parts in major story arcs that made Marvel alot of money.What did Moon Knight do in Civil War? What did Moon Knight do during House of M,Name one arc that Moon Knight was a major part of.

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The Enigma

Lord Doom says:

"aztek_the_lost says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    I will read his old comics eventually.I read anything Marvel.I read Howard the Duck and all of Damage control.Nick Fury isn't a pushover but the top fighters in Marvel..(Cap,T'challa,KillM,DD,Gamora,She-Hulk,Iron Fist,Shang Chi ect.) Would have 0 problem with him unless he had prep and even then not really. Moon Knight was meaningless..when was it did something in the Marvel Universe that changed anything or made an impact? I'm not close minded i'm just seeing the character for what he is."
    what has Daredevil done? what has Spider-Man done? what has Wolverine done? I think everyone in the Marvel Universe is useless if that is your argument"
    Spider-man,DD,and Wolverine had major parts in major story arcs that made Marvel alot of money.What did Moon Knight do in Civil War? What did Moon Knight do during House of M,Name one arc that Moon Knight was a **major** part of."

He's not a major player in the MU and he never has been.

Its even stated in the first issue of the current Moon Knight that he fights the C-Listers..... plus he's only been re-invented in liek the last 1.5 years :S and would therefore not have been aroudn for HOM and only really beginning in CW... issues 7-9 deal with Civil War.

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lord Doom

The Enigma says:

"Lord Doom says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    Spider-man,DD,and Wolverine had major parts in major story arcs that made Marvel alot of money.What did Moon Knight do in Civil War? What did Moon Knight do during House of M,Name one arc that Moon Knight was a **major** part of."

Exactly.About Civil War and HOM he was there for Avengers disassembled but then had almost no part in CW.He was there but nothing he didn't meant anything.

He's not a major player in the MU and he never has been.

Its even stated in the first issue of the current Moon Knight that he fights the C-Listers..... plus he's only been re-invented in liek the last 1.5 years :S and would therefore not have been aroudn for HOM and only really beginning in CW... issues 7-9 deal with Civil War. "

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hadrelius

The Enigma says:

"Lord Doom says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    He's not a major player in the MU and he never has been. Its even stated in the first issue of the current Moon Knight that he fights the C-Listers..... plus he's only been re-invented in liek the last 1.5 years :S and would therefore not have been aroudn for HOM and only really beginning in CW... issues 7-9 deal with Civil War. "

Neither were Cage or Ironfist util Bendis came. All he needs is a writer to see what he is worth.

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lord Doom

Alpha says:

"The Enigma says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    He's not a major player in the MU and he never has been. Its even stated in the first issue of the current Moon Knight that he fights the C-Listers..... plus he's only been re-invented in liek the last 1.5 years :S and would therefore not have been aroudn for HOM and only really beginning in CW... issues 7-9 deal with Civil War. "

Neither were Cage or Ironfist util Bendis came. All he needs is a writer to see what he is worth. "

You have to be kidding.

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lord Doom

No I'm saying Cage and Danny's significance isn't comparable to Moon Knight's and I don't have a problem with Moon Knight..Marvel does.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hadrelius

Lord Doom says:

"Alpha says:
    "The Enigma says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    Neither were Cage or Ironfist util Bendis came. All he needs is a writer to see what he is worth. "
    You have to be kidding."

Why u ask? You have a problem with them as well?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hadrelius

Lord Doom says:

"No I'm saying Cage and Danny's significance isn't comparable to Moon Knight's and I don't have a problem with Moon Knight..Marvel does."

What have they done b4 Bendis that was so significant to the Marvel U? MK while on the Defenders, was a key component in beating the Zodiac (after fighting the Hulk and Wonder Man). While with the WC Avengers, they won a conflict with Doom because of hisa connection with Khonshu. He helped Black Panther after his defeat with Kilmonger.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hadrelius

Lord Doom says:

"Alpha says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "No I'm saying Cage and Danny's significance isn't comparable to Moon Knight's and I don't have a problem with Moon Knight..Marvel does."
    What have they done b4 Bendis that was so significant to the Marvel U? MK while on the Defenders, was a key component in beating the Zodiac (after fighting the Hulk and Wonder Man). While with the WC Avengers, they won a conflict with Doom because of hisa connection with Khonshu. He helped Black Panther after his defeat with Kilmonger. "
    They started heroes for Hire for one."

Moon Knight started Marvel Knights. One 4 One.

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lord Doom

Alpha says:

"Lord Doom says:

What have they done b4 Bendis that was so significant to the Marvel U? MK while on the Defenders, was a key component in beating the Zodiac (after fighting the Hulk and Wonder Man). While with the WC Avengers, they won a conflict with Doom because of hisa connection with Khonshu. He helped Black Panther after his defeat with Kilmonger. "

They started heroes for Hire for one.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Resonate

Midnight Lantern says:

"Akira Overdrive says:
    "Have you read the issues?"
    Not yet."

amazing, simply, amazing

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hadrelius

Lord Doom says:

"Alpha says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    Moon Knight started Marvel Knights. One 4 One. "
    Marvel Knights isn't an actual team.The heroes for Hire was made by Cage and Danny and still exists as an active team in Marvel."

Actually it was. But I was wrong. Daredevil started and Moon Knight was a part of it. Daredevil

Black Widow I

Dagger

Luke Cage

Moon Knight

Shang-Chi

But the larger Hero for Hire team was done by Namor as a part of his company raned by the original Human torch.

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lord Doom

Alpha says:

"Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    "Lord Doom says:

Marvel Knights isn't an actual team.The heroes for Hire was made by Cage and Danny and still exists as an active team in Marvel.

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lord Doom

Alpha says:

"Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    Marvel Knights isn't an actual team.The heroes for Hire was made by Cage and Danny and still exists as an active team in Marvel."
    Actually it was. But I was wrong. Daredevil started and Moon Knight was a part of it. Daredevil Black Widow I Dagger Luke Cage Moon Knight Shang-Chi But the larger Hero for Hire team was done by Namor as a part of his company raned by the original Human torch. "

Ok but your still not understanding what I am getting at.Moon Knight hasn't done anything memorable.He's not popular because he doesn't stand out.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hadrelius

Lord Doom says:

"Alpha says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:
    "Lord Doom says:
    Actually it was. But I was wrong. Daredevil started and Moon Knight was a part of it. Daredevil Black Widow I Dagger Luke Cage Moon Knight Shang-Chi But the larger Hero for Hire team was done by Namor as a part of his company raned by the original Human torch. "
    Ok but your still not understanding what I am getting at.Moon Knight hasn't done anything memorable.He's not popular because he doesn't stand out."

Ok, I will agree with u. He doesn't stand out to only fans of his. But that's only because most haven't taken the time to learn who and what he is. Most base their opinion on the more recent cover of the character.

he who is not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By he who is not

Alpha says:

"Lord Doom says:
    "Alpha says:

maybe he could think transforms into a wolf at the full moon but is simply struck with adrenlan? P.S sorry icant spell that you get what i meen

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Moon Knight is worthless.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47  Edited By Gottheit

Stop talking about yourself so negatively, Colt. Your among friends here.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By T.J. Magnum

Vance Astro says:

"Moon Knight is worthless."

and justice is important to marvel

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gottheit says:

"Stop talking about yourself so negatively, Colt. Your among friends here."

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50  Edited By Gottheit

dot dot dot dot dot

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.