Moon Knight on Netflix

• 52 results
#1 Posted by CyberWarrior (1538 posts) - - Show Bio

As Marvel's the Defenders TV show to screen, and DareDevil, IronFist and LukeCage are comfirmed to have their series, I, (as a Moon Knight fan) start dreaming about his own spotlight. What do you think about it? Is this comin' true? What wouls you like to see?

#2 Posted by SnowyMountain (143 posts) - - Show Bio
New Moon

@cyberwarrior: I am a bit of a fan of the ol' Looney Moonie and I think that IF they do it right, he could be a real big hit. Smallville and Arrow have shown that people are willing to watch live action superhero TV series so there is an audience. I have just read the new Warren Ellis' issue a few days ago and have to say that it looks like it has real potential. Playing up the fact that Moon Knight is apparently nuts, the big revelation that Khonsu has four different aspects; the Embracer, the Pathfinder, the Defender, and the "bloodthirsty slayer" and suddenly Ellis has done it once again, he's managed to salvage years of misunderstandings and reboot a character into someone really, really cool.

This is true by the way, I looked it up on Wikipedia. If a Moon Knight TV series were to embrace the whole Ellis' idea, I would definitely watch, particularly since it looks like he's going to be dressing in different costumes to emphasize his new aspects; he's got a new three-piece outfit and it looks like he's still going to be lurking around in the old cape and hood number.

I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on the new series.

#3 Edited by CyberWarrior (1538 posts) - - Show Bio

@snowymountain: Yeah, I liked the new issue too and if there will be a show of MK, then it will definetly be based on Ellis's creation)

#4 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by daredevil21134 (11848 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that can work.The Defenders good use this crazy SOB!!!

#6 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't really been keeping up with the Netflix news, so I'm not sure which Defenders they'll be using, but Moon Knight did have a brief stint with Hulk, Hellcat, Nighthawk, and Valkyrie, which was pretty cool.

As for a Moon Knight TV show, I think he would be one of the better characters for it, being unpowered and all. With only one issue out so far, it's hard to say yet whether Ellis' series would be the best basis for it though. I'd personally like to see his original series or even Marc Spector: Moon Knight (at least the first half) used for inspiration.

#7 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79: the current netflix series will be Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones then they will all crossover in the Defenders show.

#8 Edited by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79: the current netflix series will be Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones then they will all crossover in the Defenders show.

Seeing as they're all street-level, I'd say MK would be a perfect fit.

#9 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Seeing as they're all street-level, I'd say MK would be a perfect fit.

I agree and I hope that's the plan.

#10 Edited by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought this post was saying the show debuted or was about to. :(

#11 Posted by CyberWarrior (1538 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa said:

i thought this post was saying the show debuted or was about to. :(

Sorry do dissapoint man. I didn't mean to :(

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna do a Moon Knight netflix Fancast

#13 Edited by Hit_Monkey (889 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Hit_Monkey (889 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I've always thought that Anthony Starr would make a superb Marc Spector. He looks uncannily like him and his character in Banshee is not a million miles away from Marc's merc past.

#16 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

@hit_monkey: He really does have the look, I watched a few eps of Banshee but didn't like it.

#17 Posted by Hit_Monkey (889 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Oh the show is totally ridiculous. It's one of my guilty pleasures really.

#18 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

@hit_monkey: I quite after that hairdress guy blew up the building when they gangsters came looking

#19 Edited by Hit_Monkey (889 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Hit_Monkey (889 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

@hit_monkey: hmm maybe :p

If we did get a Moon Knight show what stories/characters would you like to see?

#23 Posted by Hit_Monkey (889 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I'm glad you asked. First and foremost. We have to have Khonshu in an actual speaking part. I like this bird thing that happening just now. Not the Bushman take though. The classic villains would have to also show up. Maybe with an exception of Midnight Man's son. As the sidekick thing was awful. Even if it did lead into a very interesting story in Houston's run. Morpheus is a must. Though, it would be pretty expensive to that justice.

Werewolf By Night would be great too. Not only because he's a great part of Marvel/Moon Knight lore that isn't used as much as he should be in my opinion. Also because his profoundly supernatural theme would detract further from any Bat-comparisons by MK laymen. Who else? Black Spectre's role in vol 3 was a good read. I'd like to see that live action. Oh and The Profile. He's a great character. He is another must.

The problem with Bushman is that he's very similar to TDKR's Bane both visually and how he operates. Big, cunning violent merc dude with a band of loyal mercs at his disposal. Even his shared past with Spector draws comparison. I would like to see how they tackle that. Other than that. The upcoming 'mushroom death-god' sounds fantastic! ;)

As for his supporting cast, You're gonna think I'm a douche but I like the streamlined take Ellis has apparently went down. I'd love to see Flint but that's really it, maybe till season 2. I do still want Spector to take to the streets for info as Lockley or get access to something high-end as Grant though. I like Crawley due to that story with his son being a serial killer. So maybe have him appear?

What about you, bud?

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

@hit_monkey: Agreed with everything you said! I think The Profile,Crawley, Flint and Marlene are musts though.

#25 Posted by Hit_Monkey (889 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Glad you agree! I'd like to see Marlene in season 2. The thing I have with Marlane is, why would Khonshu allow Spector to have a girlfriend? Marc Spector has essentially taken holy orders. With those, relationships are generally a no-no. If she was to appear. I would like it to create a huge amount of conflict between Spector and Khonshu. It would make for very compelling plot-point.

Agreed on Flint and Profile by the way. They just have to be there from the start of season 1. Flint cause he's Flint and Profile as he would be an excellent device to showcase Spector's fractured psyche. Not to mention his mystical connection to an ancient god from a standpoint other than Spector's.

#26 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

@hit_monkey: I think Marlene needs to be there because all tv shows will have a love intrest in there somewhere and if they are going to use anybody it really should be her.

#27 Posted by daredevil21134 (11848 posts) - - Show Bio

@hit_monkey: I think Marlene needs to be there because all tv shows will have a love intrest in there somewhere and if they are going to use anybody it really should be her.

Agreed

#28 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Marlene and Frenchie need to be in a TV show, if not for any other reason than they were there when he was "born". Frenchie could be held off until later, when Marc realises he needs help or something, but Marlene has to be there from the get-go in my opinion. As for villains and stories, my answer is always Stained Glass Scarlet :)

#29 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

I think Marlene and Frenchie need to be in a TV show, if not for any other reason than they were there when he was "born". Frenchie could be held off until later, when Marc realises he needs help or something, but Marlene has to be there from the get-go in my opinion. As for villains and stories, my answer is always Stained Glass Scarlet :)

Damn, that's a good shout.

#30 Edited by CyberWarrior (1538 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Shadow Knight? What do you think?

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior: Yea Randell needs to be in it but maybe not be SK in the first season but later.

#32 Posted by CyberWarrior (1538 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Let him kill somebody with a butcher's knife first)

Marc's relationship with his brother would definitely need to be in there, but I'm not so sure about ShadowKnight per se.

#34 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by daredevil21134 (11848 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by CyberWarrior (1538 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by daredevil21134 (11848 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by daredevil21134 (11848 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how they would alter Moon Knight's costume to make it more live-action friendly?

#42 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Hit_Monkey (889 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I'd be down for the business suit to be the predominant costume but he'd still need to use the armour occasionally, eh?

#44 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I'd be down for the business suit to be the predominant costume but he'd still need to use the armour occasionally, eh?

As long as it didn't just look like a spraypainted Batman Begins suit

#45 Posted by Hit_Monkey (889 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by CyberWarrior (1538 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: The BB suit is just amazing but, as you said, it won't fit in with MK.

#47 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

I think TV people would accept the hood and cloak as long as they show where he got it from.

#48 Posted by CyberWarrior (1538 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79: Same here! No but, to be honestly, MK ain't MK with out his hood)

#49 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind Moon Knight TV show at all, I think it's a necessity now with all the Defender stuff happening.

#50 Posted by Hit_Monkey (889 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior: That's it, innit. Gotta have the hood. I like the suit though and think it should be a permanent fixture in the comics and the TV show if it ever happens.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.