Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1414 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Moon Knight Comics Limit

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By ReverseNegative

It seems like there is a limit on how many comics Moon Knight can get in a series. I mean, really, He's never even gotten to comic #40 without the series getting reboot.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

That's because he's lame.

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bearded Justice
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By warcorpse

Bad writing and stupid gimmicks, which suck because moon knight deserves better.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By Meteorite

Vengeance of Moon Knight is basically just a continuation of his 2006 series, so adding 10 issues to that brings it up to 38 issues if you count them as one continuation.

You could say the same thing about Avengers; it seems that with the exception of the first series, they can only do so many issues before yelling out "REBOOT!" and hitting the reset button.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @John Valentine said:
    " That's because he's lame. "
    No he's not.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

I'm really hoping "Vengeance Of The Moon Knight" gets better with the upcoming Shadowland tie-in, because so far, I haven't been liking it as much since the Deadpool issues.... the art went downhill since the Spider-man team up (Imo). 

I'd like it to get back on the tone set from #1-6, those were awesome :)

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Meteorite
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " I'm really hoping "Vengeance Of The Moon Knight" gets better with the upcoming Shadowland tie-in, because so far, I haven't been liking it as much since the Deadpool issues.... the art went downhill since the Spider-man team up (Imo).   I'd like it to get back on the tone set from #1-6, those were awesome :) "
    Ditto here. Even the Deadpool arc felt like they were just trying to kill time until they could think of a good plot.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " I'm really hoping "Vengeance Of The Moon Knight" gets better with the upcoming Shadowland tie-in, because so far, I haven't been liking it as much since the Deadpool issues.... the art went downhill since the Spider-man team up (Imo).   I'd like it to get back on the tone set from #1-6, those were awesome :) "
    Ditto here. Even the Deadpool arc felt like they were just trying to kill time until they could think of a good plot. "
    It feels like filler, really. Because #6 had an AMAZING cliffhanger.... I think the Shadowland tie-in FINALLY builds on it.
    ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By ForbushBug
    @Bearded Justice said:
    "
    Marc Spector: Moon Knight made it up to 60?  i think. "
    No, it didn't because that truly awful series never existed and nothing you can say or show me will convince me otherwise.  Randall Spector was always the Hatchet-Man, Frenchie was never Bloodline, and adamantium armor is for pretty boys who can't take a punch.
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Meteorite
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    Ditto here. Even the Deadpool arc felt like they were just trying to kill time until they could think of a good plot. "
    It feels like filler, really. Because #6 had an AMAZING cliffhanger.... I think the Shadowland tie-in FINALLY builds on it. "
    About time! It was a great cliffhanger, and I want to see what becomes of it. I hope that they get back the feel of the first arc with the Shadowland stuff, because that was a great story. 
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    It feels like filler, really. Because #6 had an AMAZING cliffhanger.... I think the Shadowland tie-in FINALLY builds on it. "
    About time! It was a great cliffhanger, and I want to see what becomes of it. I hope that they get back the feel of the first arc with the Shadowland stuff, because that was a great story.  "
    It made me like Marvel's Scarecrow more than DC's Scarecrow.

There. I said it. Lol. I also hope they GET BACK THE ARTIST! This new one's detail is too much!
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Meteorite
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    About time! It was a great cliffhanger, and I want to see what becomes of it. I hope that they get back the feel of the first arc with the Shadowland stuff, because that was a great story.  "
    It made me like Marvel's Scarecrow more than DC's Scarecrow.  There. I said it. Lol. I also hope they GET BACK THE ARTIST! This new one's detail is too much! "
    The Scarecrow stuff was disappointing for me. I picked up #5 hoping for a drawn-out battle between Moon Knight and Scarecrow (which both the cover and solicit strongly implied) to find that the "drawn-out battle" was Scarecrow saying "Don't hurt me, I'm innocent."
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    It made me like Marvel's Scarecrow more than DC's Scarecrow.  There. I said it. Lol. I also hope they GET BACK THE ARTIST! This new one's detail is too much! "
    The Scarecrow stuff was disappointing for me. I picked up #5 hoping for a drawn-out battle between Moon Knight and Scarecrow (which both the cover and solicit strongly implied) to find that the "drawn-out battle" was Scarecrow saying "Don't hurt me, I'm innocent." "
    The fight was lame, true. But I just liked how creepy they made him. How he's having a tea party with two corpses, how he gets that murder of crows to prevent Frenchie from helping, that stuff. Oh, and the icepick lobotomies.
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Meteorite
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    The Scarecrow stuff was disappointing for me. I picked up #5 hoping for a drawn-out battle between Moon Knight and Scarecrow (which both the cover and solicit strongly implied) to find that the "drawn-out battle" was Scarecrow saying "Don't hurt me, I'm innocent." "
    The fight was lame, true. But I just liked how creepy they made him. How he's having a tea party with two corpses, how he gets that murder of crows to prevent Frenchie from helping, that stuff. Oh, and the icepick lobotomies. "
    That's why it made it even more disappointing. Here he is doing all this stuff which builds up an image of this insane villain, and yet he wimps out the second Moon Knight looks at him menacingly.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    The fight was lame, true. But I just liked how creepy they made him. How he's having a tea party with two corpses, how he gets that murder of crows to prevent Frenchie from helping, that stuff. Oh, and the icepick lobotomies. "
    That's why it made it even more disappointing. Here he is doing all this stuff which builds up an image of this insane villain, and yet he wimps out the second Moon Knight looks at him menacingly. "
    Well that's just like DC's Scarecrow (From what I've seen, prove me wrong if not). Their bark is worse than their bite. I wish Marvel's Scarecrow had been able to put up a fight.
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Meteorite
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    That's why it made it even more disappointing. Here he is doing all this stuff which builds up an image of this insane villain, and yet he wimps out the second Moon Knight looks at him menacingly. "
    Well that's just like DC's Scarecrow (From what I've seen, prove me wrong if not). Their bark is worse than their bite. I wish Marvel's Scarecrow had been able to put up a fight. "
    I guess that the point of issue #5 wasn't for Moon Knight to fight Scarecrow, but to set up the fight against Bushman. In that respect it succeeded, but then what was the point of having Scarecrow in the arc at all? Issue #4 and #5 were both a bit weak in my eyes.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    Well that's just like DC's Scarecrow (From what I've seen, prove me wrong if not). Their bark is worse than their bite. I wish Marvel's Scarecrow had been able to put up a fight. "
    I guess that the point of issue #5 wasn't for Moon Knight to fight Scarecrow, but to set up the fight against Bushman. In that respect it succeeded, but then what was the point of having Scarecrow in the arc at all? Issue #4 and #5 were both a bit weak in my eyes. "
    *Shrug*

Maybe just for spotlighting him? IDK. I liked his inclusion, even if the fight was weak.
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Meteorite
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Meteorite said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    I guess that the point of issue #5 wasn't for Moon Knight to fight Scarecrow, but to set up the fight against Bushman. In that respect it succeeded, but then what was the point of having Scarecrow in the arc at all? Issue #4 and #5 were both a bit weak in my eyes. "
    *Shrug*  Maybe just for spotlighting him? IDK. I liked his inclusion, even if the fight was weak. "
    True, he did have some good character moments there. They should bring him back for another arc.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By G Bird
    @John Valentine said:
    If you think he's lame then why do you come in his forum? LOL haters are so stupid.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John Valentine
    @G Bird said:

" @John Valentine said:

If you think he's lame then why do you come in his forum? LOL haters are so stupid. "
    HAHAHAHA. That was hilarious. 
    But no, I'm presenting a valid reason as to why his series always die in the low issue numbers.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @John Valentine said:
    Truth you can't sell a book you don't get a book that is the way the world works 
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By warcorpse

Does anyone know if 'Vengeance of the moon knight' will continue after the shadowland mini?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By IrishX
    @warcorpse said:
    "Does anyone know if 'Vengeance of the moon knight' will continue after the shadowland mini? "

I don't think so. I heard it might be just taking a break but I'm pretty sure he will just be doing Secret Avengers for now.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By G Bird
    @IrishX said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    "Does anyone know if 'Vengeance of the moon knight' will continue after the shadowland mini? "
    I don't think so. I heard it might be just taking a break but I'm pretty sure he will just be doing Secret Avengers for now. "
    I'm gonna be pissed if they stop Vengeance after the Shadowland series. Sure the Secret Avengers is cool, but Vengeance Of The Moon Knight is better. I don't think they'll stop the series this quick, his '06 run lasted 30 issues. Hopefully they make this one last that long or even longer. It seems like Marvel is starting to use Moon Knight a lot more and having him pop up in different stuff so I doubt they'll end this run so quickly.
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By warcorpse
    @G Bird said:
    " @IrishX said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    I don't think so. I heard it might be just taking a break but I'm pretty sure he will just be doing Secret Avengers for now. "
    I'm gonna be pissed if they stop Vengeance after the Shadowland series. Sure the Secret Avengers is cool, but Vengeance Of The Moon Knight is better. I don't think they'll stop the series this quick, his '06 run lasted 30 issues. Hopefully they make this one last that long or even longer. It seems like Marvel is starting to use Moon Knight a lot more and having him pop up in different stuff so I doubt they'll end this run so quickly. "
    I think he needs a MAX ongoing. And not just for the violence, so a writer can have true creative freedom. He has a fan base to make it last awhile. Agree? Disagree?
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By G Bird
    @warcorpse said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @IrishX said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    I'm gonna be pissed if they stop Vengeance after the Shadowland series. Sure the Secret Avengers is cool, but Vengeance Of The Moon Knight is better. I don't think they'll stop the series this quick, his '06 run lasted 30 issues. Hopefully they make this one last that long or even longer. It seems like Marvel is starting to use Moon Knight a lot more and having him pop up in different stuff so I doubt they'll end this run so quickly. "
    I think he needs a MAX ongoing. And not just for the violence, so a writer can have true creative freedom. He has a fan base to make it last awhile. Agree? Disagree? "
    A MAX ongoing would be sweet for sure, but I'd still like Vengeance to continue as well. I like the direction they've been taking him in, and I think he's getting more fans and people reading him because he's more out in the mainstream now. I just hope they don't overuse him like they did with Deadpool and make him suck.
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By warcorpse
    @G Bird said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @IrishX said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    I think he needs a MAX ongoing. And not just for the violence, so a writer can have true creative freedom. He has a fan base to make it last awhile. Agree? Disagree? "
    A MAX ongoing would be sweet for sure, but I'd still like Vengeance to continue as well. I like the direction they've been taking him in, and I think he's getting more fans and people reading him because he's more out in the mainstream now. I just hope they don't overuse him like they did with Deadpool and make him suck. "
    And a MOVIE!! worked wonders for blade.
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @warcorpse said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @IrishX said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    A MAX ongoing would be sweet for sure, but I'd still like Vengeance to continue as well. I like the direction they've been taking him in, and I think he's getting more fans and people reading him because he's more out in the mainstream now. I just hope they don't overuse him like they did with Deadpool and make him suck. "
    And a MOVIE!! worked wonders for blade. "
    A movie would get my vote.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.