Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Moon Knight as Secret Avenger.

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bearded Justice

Alrighty,  Moon Knight is offically a Secret Avenger!!!  Are you as excited as I am?  What does this mean for his current series, Vengance of the Moon Knight?   
    I'm certainly hoping it still goes on.  I'm also noticing a lack of his new armor, in this picture.  What do you think about all this? 
    Is Moon Knight finally getting the attention he deserves, or does he even deserve to be on this team? 

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I'm really excited about this, I just hope MK doesn't get made to look like a second-stringer, with guys like Nova, War Machine and Valkyrie on the team, MK could fall to the shadows a bit. And not in a good way.

Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bearded Justice
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "I'm really excited about this, I just hope MK doesn't get made to look like a second-stringer, with guys like Nova, War Machine and Valkyrie on the team, MK could fall to the shadows a bit. And not in a good way. "

Hopefully, that will not happen.  I don't want this: 
    "Hey, Moon Knight, take care of the guards for us."     
    "I'm on it, War Machine!" 
    Yeah, and that's all he does for the entire issue. 
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Bearded Justice said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "I'm really excited about this, I just hope MK doesn't get made to look like a second-stringer, with guys like Nova, War Machine and Valkyrie on the team, MK could fall to the shadows a bit. And not in a good way. "
    Hopefully, that will not happen.  I don't want this: "Hey, Moon Knight, take care of the guards for us."     "I'm on it, War Machine!" Yeah, and that's all he does for the entire issue.  "
    Exactly. That's my major concern. He's the money behind the whole op, I'm guessing though, so hopefully that means he'll have far more presence.
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bearded Justice
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Bearded Justice said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Hopefully, that will not happen.  I don't want this: "Hey, Moon Knight, take care of the guards for us."     "I'm on it, War Machine!" Yeah, and that's all he does for the entire issue.  "
    Exactly. That's my major concern. He's the money behind the whole op, I'm guessing though, so hopefully that means he'll have far more presence. "

true.  never thought of that. 
    i was thinking they might make him the stealthy one, which wouldnt be too bad. 
    That and the whole redemption thing might give him some main roles.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Bearded Justice said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Bearded Justice said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Exactly. That's my major concern. He's the money behind the whole op, I'm guessing though, so hopefully that means he'll have far more presence. "
    true.  never thought of that. i was thinking they might make him the stealthy one, which wouldnt be too bad. That and the whole redemption thing might give him some main roles. "
    *Crosses fingers*
    spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By spider2dfly

Lets be happy that Moon Knight will be on the Secret Avengers, I believe that this is good exposure for other comic readers to know him. Its been how long since he was on a team. At least this could be a turn-around for Moon Knight, kinda like what MARVEL is doing with Deapool, the difference is that they don't shoved him in our faces in every comic they sell..

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By G Bird

I'm not sure how I feel about Moon Knight being a secret avenger. I don't want his current series to get messed up because of it, but I would like him to get more exposure because he really is a great character. And obviously I don't want him to just play small parts in the background and be their little b*tch. If he's gonna be on the team he needs to be a major factor in it. Anybody know when his first appearance will be in the secret avengers?

Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bearded Justice
    @G Bird said:
    "I'm not sure how I feel about Moon Knight being a secret avenger. I don't want his current series to get messed up because of it, but I would like him to get more exposure because he really is a great character. And obviously I don't want him to just play small parts in the background and be their little b*tch. If he's gonna be on the team he needs to be a major factor in it. Anybody know when his first appearance will be in the secret avengers? "

@spider2dfly said:
    "Lets be happy that Moon Knight will be on the Secret Avengers, I believe that this is good exposure for other comic readers to know him. Its been how long since he was on a team. At least this could be a turn-around for Moon Knight, kinda like what MARVEL is doing with Deapool, the difference is that they don't shoved him in our faces in every comic they sell.."

these are all our hopes and fears.  don't know about the first appearance, I imagine he'll be there from the beginning though.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By G Bird

Well I guess we'll see next month. I found this cool pic, don't know if anybody has seen it yet.

No Caption Provided
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123

I hope he gets more exposure, he's such a badass.

Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bearded Justice

oh yeah.  i shoulda posted that, sorry.   
    im wondering if he's going to be invited to it in his current series?  i know spiderman has an upcoming appearance, so maybe that has something to do with it?  I dont know.  Pretty darn excited though! 
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By G Bird

Well I know in issue #8 it'll be a continuation of him and Deadpool butting heads over the dude in the hospital. All I can say I just really hope they don't mess this series up because I'm really feeling this one.

Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bearded Justice

What I find interesting about that pic, is that he's basically at the front, right behind Steve.  To me that says he's gonna be a big part of this team, or at least is an important member.  Then again, it could be nothing, ha ha.

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By G Bird
    @Bearded Justice said:
    "

What I find interesting about that pic, is that he's basically at the front, right behind Steve.  To me that says he's gonna be a big part of this team, or at least is an important member.  Then again, it could be nothing, ha ha.

"
    You're right, I never really thought about it but it could mean he'll be a big part. I also found out that 3 team members aren't shown on this cover. I wonder who the other 3 will be?
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bearded Justice
    @G Bird said:
    " @Bearded Justice said:
    "

"
    You're right, I never really thought about it but it could mean he'll be a big part. I also found out that 3 team members aren't shown on this cover. I wonder who the other 3 will be? "

yeah they've been making guesses on some of the other threads.  If you ask me, 9 is too many for a secret team, and that only takes more time away from Moon Knight.  Less characters = more time to spend on each one.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By G Bird

I agree, I wish they'd keep to a lower number for that exact reason.

RATZGobbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By RATZGobbler

Moon Knight, I feel, has actually come a long way ever since "The Bottom" and now, in his current position as a big time hero, he should really have some real weight as a team member because of his lengthy climb from "The Bottom."

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Really looking forward to this as a new Moon Knight fan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.