MK#12 - Last one, no more Bendis, no more of Maleev crappy art!!!

• 0 results
#-49 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Mike Benson back on the title, but he confirmed to me it's not in his future. It would be awesome to see Finch back on board for art and I'd love to see a return to a more "classic" feel of Moon Knight. Make it heavily inspired by his early stuff.

And please, bring back Deadzone. The poor villain is the only guy in comic book history to not escape custody yet.

Staff
#-48 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

Is it? I'm not totally sure it is, Marvel doesn't seem to take risks, but Marvel's been giving MK a series in such a manner that he doesn't go for a year without one since 2006. The most he's gone without is for 6 months. I think that Marvel simply doesn't know where to take him creatively. They were going to take him into a new direction in Vengeance Of but that title's writing flopped like mad for the end of the run. Then they cancelled that and gave it to Bendis, who completely reinvented the character and arguably gave him bad writing again. I do see your point and I somewhat agree with it, but the fact is that Marvel's giving him chance after chance and that's got to be for some reason.

Of course it is.Popular books don't get cancelled because of poor writing.Marvel will just replace the writer if they are causing the sales to decline.They keep giving Moon Knight chances because the bottom half of their sales chart is interchangeable the success of those books isn't as important as the success of the top half.
#-47 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

I'd love to see Mike Benson back on the title, but he confirmed to me it's not in his future. It would be awesome to see Finch back on board for art and I'd love to see a return to a more "classic" feel of Moon Knight. Make it heavily inspired by his early stuff.

And please, bring back Deadzone. The poor villain is the only guy in comic book history to not escape custody yet.

Finch's art on Moon Knight was the best i've seen for the character.
#-46 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Deadzone? the guy with pain whips?

#-45 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Finch's art on Moon Knight was the best i've seen for the character.

Absolutely hated Finch's art.

@Vance Astro said:

Of course it is.Popular books don't get cancelled because of poor writing.Marvel will just replace the writer if they are causing the sales to decline.They keep giving Moon Knight chances because the bottom half of their sales chart is interchangeable the success of those books isn't as important as the success of the top half.

But Moon Knight isn't a popular book. Its not unpopular but its definitely not among the most popular books Marvel has. Just because he isn't among the most popular books though, doesn't mean that the cancellation of the series doesn't have to do with the lack of creative input.

#-44 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

@foolkiller1: Yup.

@Vance Astro: Definitely.

Staff
#-43 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@ReVamp said:

I'm guessing its because MK fans weren't supporting the book. If the masses don't "give a sh!t about Moon Knight" then it seems to me its up to the Hardcore fans to read the books, and if those aren't getting the book then that means that the book has no one true fanbase.

The point i'm making is that if they are fans of Moon Knight that means they were all reading the book at some point.There was a writer they liked on the book more than Bendis, YET it still got cancelled.When is it time to come to the realization that it's not the writers...it's the character?

It's not just Moon Knight...all mainstream characters have been so over-written, they are as stale as a month old Linzer torte.

#-42 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: he's cool, but I prefer a return of stained glass scarlet m'self

#-41 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr: I think current titles such as Batman, Aquaman, Daredevil, Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man, and Punisher prove that any character, regardless of their appearances, can be a gem in the right hands ;)

@Vance Astro: I agree there's a problem Moon Knight has when it comes to seeping into the general audience. He's a tough character to pull off properly. I think some writers have done it well, but apparently not in the eyes of Marvel (seeing as my favorite- the 2006 run- was kicked aside from the utterly brief Vengeance and the equally short Bendis run). I think bringing back a new Moon Knight run (inspired by the classic era) by someone like Brubaker and Mike Deodato Jr could really bring him back in the spotlight (if Marvel markets it well).

Staff
#-40 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr said: 

It's not just Moon Knight...all mainstream characters have been so over-written, they are as stale as a month old Linzer torte.

I don't agree wit this.Marvel and DC don't really have issues selling their mainstream characters so I can only assume Moon Knight doesn't fit in that category.The same characters have been running the show at Marvel for years.If they've become stale to you that's understandable but they still sell books that I peak my enthusiasm and they still along with DC dominate the sales charts.

@k4tzm4n said:

@Vance Astro: I agree there's a problem Moon Knight has when it comes to seeping into the general audience. He's a tough character to pull off properly. I think some writers have done it well, but apparently not in the eyes of Marvel (seeing as my favorite- the 2006 run- was kicked aside from the utterly brief Vengeance and the equally short Bendis run). I think bringing back a new Moon Knight run (inspired by the classic era) by someone like Brubaker and Mike Deodato Jr could really bring him back in the spotlight (if Marvel markets it well).

Characters like Moon Knight suffer from the same thing Marvel's female characters suffer from.Marvel can't seem to give these characters any significance without still making them pale in comparison to their top sellers.I don't think his fans want him to be stronger than Captain America, or a better fighter than Wolverine,or smarter than Black Panther...I think readers would just like it something their favorite character was doing mattered to the Marvel Universe for a change.
#-39 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Roxanne Starr: I think current titles such as Batman, Aquaman, Daredevil, Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man, and Punisher prove that any character, regardless of their appearances, can be a gem in the right hands ;)

True, but believe it or not, less tan 20% of the world's population has even heard of Batman. Maybe .00001% of the world's population has heard of Aquaman.

And conversely, there are fictional characters in India followed by 10's of millions that we have never heard of.

As technologies continue to emmerge, there will be more and more people yearning for something fresh and new.

The future of ALL creative endeavors are in the independent realm.

#-38 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro:

I just made my point on my post to k4tzm4n.

#-37 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

But Moon Knight isn't a popular book. Its not unpopular but its definitely not among the most popular books Marvel has. Just because he isn't among the most popular books though, doesn't mean that the cancellation of the series doesn't have to do with the lack of creative input.

Obviously it isn't.That's kind of my point.If it was more popular it wouldn't have gotten cancelled.I'm not saying Bendis doesn't share some of the blame but the sales are lacking mostly due to the lack of interest in the character.Bendis only wrote one volume, I can't believe that after 7 volumes anyone but the character is to blame for frequent cancellations.Creative direction doesn't matter when the book is popular.Avengers is proof of that.
#-36 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Obviously it isn't.That's kind of my point.If it was more popular it wouldn't have gotten cancelled.I'm not saying Bendis doesn't share some of the blame but the sales are lacking mostly due to the lack of interest in the character.Bendis only wrote one volume, I can't believe that after 7 volumes anyone but the character is to blame for frequent cancellations.Creative direction doesn't matter when the book is popular.Avengers is proof of that.

We seem to be agreeing more and more. Obviously Moon Knight isn't a book on the popularity of the Avengers or anything, so that definitely has some say in the cancellation, though Bendis shares the blame.

#-35 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr said:

@k4tzm4n said:

True, but believe it or not, less tan 20% of the world's population has even heard of Batman. Maybe .00001% of the world's population has heard of Aquaman.

And conversely, there are fictional characters in India followed by 10's of millions that we have never heard of.

As technologies continue to emmerge, there will be more and more people yearning for something fresh and new.

The future of ALL creative endeavors are in the independent realm.

I'm not talking about popularity among the world's population, but popularity among readers of Marvel and DC.

Staff
#-34 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
@jkeener71 said:

MK will never die, we won't let him!!!!!

I'm glad you THINK you have a choice.
#-33 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@foolkiller1 said:

@Danial79: Well it's not like I said fuck or anything :)

Oh damn.

Watch your language, please.

#-32 Posted by Danial79 (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

It's true that Moon Knight isn't "popular", but it's the writer's job to make them. For instance, I was never a fan of Daredevil, but since Waid's run started, I am. I was never an Aquaman fan either, but since Johns took control, I am. Marvel put their top-selling writer on the character to make him popular... and he failed miserably.

#-31 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79 said:

It's true that Moon Knight isn't "popular", but it's the writer's job to make them. For instance, I was never a fan of Daredevil, but since Waid's run started, I am. I was never an Aquaman fan either, but since Johns took control, I am. Marvel put their top-selling writer on the character to make him popular... and he failed miserably.

Some times good writing isn't enough.Characters need some promotion.The events happening in their book has to matter to their fictional universe.Waid's Daredevil isn't selling very well and even with the promotion of Shadowland Daredevil still had trouble selling.I wasn't an Aquaman fan before Johns an i'm still not but his book is my favorite of the New 52 and he's even made some impressive sales figures but without the New52 reboot, I doubt people who weren't interested before would be picking it up because of Johns.
#-30 Posted by Danial79 (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Waid's Daredevil isn't selling very well...

It isn't? That's sad :(

@Vance Astro said:

[...] without the New52 reboot, I doubt people who weren't interested before would be picking it up because of Johns.

This is probably true. I wasn't even reading DC before the relaunch, so I doubt I would have picked Aquaman up of my own accord.

Personally, I would even be happy for Moon Knight just to be in another series, but the only one he was in was Secret Avengers, and Remender seems to have cut him from the roster. Also sad :(

#-29 Posted by TDK_1997 (14889 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the series and I am pretty disappointed that the series are coming to an end.And Maleev is a great artist.

#-28 Posted by jkeener71 (75 posts) - - Show Bio
#-27 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Moonknight is going to become a player in the secret avengers isn't he? so I think they are going to keep him relavent just not in his own series right now. he'll be back, and as far as this past series I actually enjoyed it.

#-26 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion: He was previously a part of the team. I was unaware he's coming back, too?

Staff
#-25 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

...I like Maleev......

#-24 Posted by Loki9876 (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked it altough Moon knight was different than normal.

#-23 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

It was never going to last, despite Maleev's great art, Bendis had no love for the character and seemed intent on destroying MK with one of the worst gimmicks ever. Good riddance, and let's hope the next series fares better.

And ignores Bendis's changes entirely.

F**k Avenger-man. I want Moon Knight back.

#-22 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79 said:

It's Marvel's fault.They tried to preserve Daredevil's loner persona while leaving one of their most popular characters out of all of their most important events.Don't know why they thought that would work.Wen he didn't make Civil War because he was in jail.I was cool with that because Iron Fist had his mantle but being absent from Secret Invasion,Dark Reign,Siege,and doing little to nothing accept joining the Avengers in Fear Itself didn't go well for him. 

@Danial79 said:

This is probably true. I wasn't even reading DC before the relaunch, so I doubt I would have picked Aquaman up of my own accord.

Personally, I would even be happy for Moon Knight just to be in another series, but the only one he was in was Secret Avengers, and Remender seems to have cut him from the roster. Also sad :(

Remender's Secret Avengers isn't bad but I would rather he had kept Moon Knight instead of having to use characters like Human Torch and Captain Britain..they don't even fit.
#-21 Posted by daredevil21134 (11753 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Danial79 said:

It's Marvel's fault.They tried to preserve Daredevil's loner persona while leaving one of their most popular characters out of all of their most important events.Don't know why they thought that would work.Wen he didn't make Civil War because he was in jail.I was cool with that because Iron Fist had his mantle but being absent from Secret Invasion,Dark Reign,Siege,and doing little to nothing accept joining the Avengers in Fear Itself didn't go well for him.

@Danial79 said:

Remender's Secret Avengers isn't bad but I would rather he had kept Moon Knight instead of having to use characters like Human Torch and Captain Britain..they don't even fit.

I hate Waid's Daredevil.Glad to hear its not selling well,maybe they will replace him soon.I haven't enjoyed Daredevil since Ed Brubaker left

#-20 Posted by Danial79 (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

[...] but being absent from Secret Invasion,Dark Reign,Siege,and doing little to nothing accept joining the Avengers in Fear Itself didn't go well for him.

Where is he during AvX? I thought he had joined the New Avengers, but I haven't seen him in AvX at all.

@Vance Astro said:

I thought the same thing. Neither of them are very "secret". I thought that team was meant to be a kind of stealth unit.

#-19 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79 said:

Where is he during AvX? I thought he had joined the New Avengers, but I haven't seen him in AvX at all.

He is a member of the New Avengers and he has been in  AvX issues, he just has yet to do anything noteworthy. 

@daredevil21134 said:

I hate Waid's Daredevil.Glad to hear its not selling well,maybe they will replace him soon.I haven't enjoyed Daredevil since Ed Brubaker left

I like Waid's Daredevil and it's not selling any worse than Brubaker or Diggle's Daredevil so I don't think Waid will be getting replaced any time soon.  

@Danial79 said:

I thought the same thing. Neither of them are very "secret". I thought that team was meant to be a kind of stealth unit.

I think the idea is that Cap Britain was a member of MI:13 and that Human Torch was a member of the Invaders whom were covert military groups but you really can't be stealthy when you're a man on fire and a guy dressed like the British Flag.
#-18 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so the final issue came out today, Did Bendis kill him off or what?

#-17 Posted by Danial79 (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@foolkiller1 said:

Nope...

#-16 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

@foolkiller1 said:

Nope...

Oh, great.

So Bendis's version is sticking around.

Wonderful.

#-15 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I'd be all for Marc Spector being killed and a brand new character taking the mantle as the fist of Khonshu. 

Staff
#-14 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Honestly, I'd be all for Marc Spector being killed and a brand new character taking the mantle as the fist of Khonshu.

I'd rather want that they kill of the character Moon Knight off screen, and never acknowledge him again.

#-13 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
@MoonKnightFan123 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

I'd rather want that they kill of the character Moon Knight off screen, and never acknowledge him again.

Damn.
#-12 Posted by TDK_1997 (14889 posts) - - Show Bio

@MoonKnightFan123 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

You horrible people.

#-11 Posted by Danial79 (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@MoonKnightFan123 said:

Why would someone with the username "MoonKnightFan" want that?

#-10 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79 said:

@MoonKnightFan123 said:

Why would someone with the username "MoonKnightFan" want that?

Either he's really angry, or trolling.
#-9 Posted by xlizen (106 posts) - - Show Bio

I have the book pre-ordered, but it won't come until middle of May. What was the "big thing" that Bendis did to Moon Knight in the last issue that he had to get permission? I am guessing no one has spoilers up for this issue because no one cares.

#-8 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight should deserve his own movie.

#-7 Posted by daredevil21134 (11753 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Echo comeback?

#-6 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Age of ultron is another "world changing event" written by Bendis' I assume?

#-5 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm going to make a blog called "How to save Moon Knight."

Staff
#-4 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

It's really looking more and more hopeless by the second.

@foolkiller1 said:

@InnerVenom123: Age of ultron is another "world changing event" written by Bendis' I assume?

It's apparently gonna be, yeah.

@daredevil21134 said:

Did Echo comeback?

Yup.

It didn't last long.

Then she died.
#-3 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Do it. I'd read the hell out of it.

#-2 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@davelecave said:

I liked the series.

#-1 Posted by Danial79 (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlizen said:

What was the "big thing" that Bendis did to Moon Knight in the last issue that he had to get permission? I am guessing no one has spoilers up for this issue because no one cares.

There were only two things I could think of. One was killing off Echo, and the second was unmasking Madame Masque. Other than that, nothing of importance happened in this series.

#0 Posted by xlizen (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

@xlizen said:

What was the "big thing" that Bendis did to Moon Knight in the last issue that he had to get permission? I am guessing no one has spoilers up for this issue because no one cares.

There were only two things I could think of. One was killing off Echo, and the second was unmasking Madame Masque. Other than that, nothing of importance happened in this series.

So Jerk-Bendis was just saying "I had to get permission to do this big change" as a ruse just for us to buy his stupid book? Well that's a waste.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.