Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1414 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Issues with Moon Knight..

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hit_Monkey

I really dig Moon Knight like top 5 without a doubt. Here's the thing though, I always feel they sell him kinda short in the action / fighting department and his history and general back story is quite convoluted. I also reckon they don't handle his mental illness particularly well. I mean the nature of it is really inconsistant, oh one other thing I find when he's in his costume how he speaks is really unbecoming in relation to how he is dressed. 
    It's annoying because if just tidyed a few bits and pieces up and you could make brilliant comics out a character like Moon Knight. I hope that guy Bendis sorts him out, anybody agree with any of that? 
    P.S I kinda want to see him with powers again, give him a bit of edge when he was fighting somebody proper hardcore?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

He's pretty good in Heroes For Hire.

warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By warcorpse
    @Hit_Monkey said:
     oh one other thing I find when he's in his costume how he speaks is really unbecoming in relation to how he is dressed.  It's annoying because if just tidyed a few bits and pieces up and you could make brilliant comics out a character like Moon Knight.   
    Agreed, very true.
    xRonanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xRonanx

I agree with you, I just had a blog about this last night haha.  Moon Knight is horribly underrated nowadays, he gets his ass kicked throughout the entire comic until the very end.  That's not how I picture Moon Knight; I picture him a strong character who uses Khonshu to win his fights and get ahead.  I haven't seen anyone do him justice in years, let's hope that changes soon.  I've started writing my own Moon Knight series, although I doubt Marvel will ever accept it.

warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By warcorpse
    @xRonanx: Cool dude, share it when you're done?
    xRonanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xRonanx
    @warcorpse: Yeah buddy if you're truly interested in reading I'll definitely share it!
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By warcorpse
    @xRonanx: Yeah, i love fan fic
    xRonanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xRonanx
    @warcorpse: Awesome, thanks for being interested
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By warcorpse
    @xRonanx: Anytime
    Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hit_Monkey

Another thing that does my nut in is the amont gadgets he was using in VOTMK, he was coming across like a k-mart Iron man with all those silly pieces of tech, mini camera that flys around the room, moon bike that looked like it was launched from orbit in issue 1, suit made out of that russian equivalent to adamantium ect. 
    He had all those 'wonderful toys' but when it came down to it he was still not what that costume of his puts across, I mean when Moon Knight stands there he looks like a proper A-list heavy hitter who could stand toe to toe with any h2h combat based character you can think of. The fact remains that unfortunately these days, get past the gadgets and he's just a word rhyming with witch..

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @Hit_Monkey said:
    " Another thing that does my nut in is the amont gadgets he was using in VOTMK, he was coming across like a k-mart Iron man with all those silly pieces of tech, mini camera that flys around the room, moon bike that looked like it was launched from orbit in issue 1, suit made out of that russian equivalent to adamantium ect. "
    I said the same thing in a thread a while back. I think he was much cooler when he just used his crescents and nunchucks. I don't like hi-tech MK at all. Bring back the Fist of Khonshu!!
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By IrishX

I'm glad that you like MK and I'm a fan of his also. That said I like that Moon Knight is not an A-lister. I also don't think it's necessary to give him his powers back because I enjoy seeing him use other skills anyway (like the arm triangle he used to defeat Bushman).  
    Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hit_Monkey
    @IrishX:
    I like he's not on the A-list too I just want to see Moon Knight to make a bigger dent with the action and maybe lay the smackdown on some Marvel royalty like that time he told Steve Rodgers how it was. Your totally right about the powers as well, its cool he does without. I would like to see him as this religious lunatic who is like the wrath of an angry god when he gos to town on bad guys.
    My favorite bit of Moon Knight is that he's a vigilante because it's his religion to be one. I really strain to think of another character who's got that hook. It gives him really believable reason as to why he does wht he does.. faith. Faith can make people do crazy things as we all know, I think Marc Spector is at his most interesting when he genuinely believes he is doing his gods work. 
    I think a guy with that sorta line should be more of a player than what Moon Knight is now. Why do people write him where his rear is getting soundly and constantly kicked? Am I missing something here??
    xRonanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xRonanx
    @Hit_Monkey: I completely agree, the gadgets are kind of ridiculous.  He doesn't need gadgets when he has the god of the moon and vengeance on his side.  He should be able to kick plenty of ass without all that stuff.  And you're right in saying he does look like an A-Lister, whenever he's drawn it looks like he could take out some pretty powerful opponents.  Then he gets his taint handed to him on a silver platter until the last two pages when he pulls something out of his sleeve.  He needs to be written more like the Moon Knight we all love and talk about here in this thread.
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By ReverseNegative

I agree. Moon Knight has potential to be better.

FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FunnyStuff707

Well, with him doing the murder in S:MK, I think he'll get his powers back, then maybe he won't get his ass handed to him so much. To be honest, though, I like the fact that he gets his crap knocked out of him sideways, but stills comes back at it. It makes him look fearless and badass.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @FunnyStuff707 said:
    " To be honest, though, I like the fact that he gets his crap knocked out of him sideways, but stills comes back at it. It makes him look fearless and badass. "
    Agreed :)
    Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Superguy0009e

i like that they tried making him a hero. sure, he wasnt the same blood lusting character, but seeing him as a like superhero and being able to have a break away from all of the craziness in his life was good. hopefully the next series he has lasts awhile and really builds him up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.