Is Marc Spector: Moon Knight necessary reading?

#1 Posted by Spiders_Man3 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a pretty casual Moon Knight fan and I have all of the miniseries' and his 70s series as well as the 2006 series collections.

My question is whether or not I should bother tracking down all 60 issues of the aforementioned comics or if it's not really worth it?

Am I missing out out on some quintessential MK Stories or are they largely forgettable?

#2 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@Spiders_Man3 I've recently read through the entire series, and in personal opinion, it was pretty damn good up until Terry Kavanagh took over (possessing him with a demon virus and then making him and Frenchie part of a Templar bloodline).
#3 Posted by Spiders_Man3 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

So based on that, if I was to just skip the whole thing would I be crying myself to sleep over what I missed? Bearing in mind a not-bottomless wallet and a steadily decreasing level of interest. . . .

#4 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, not really. If you do want to know what happened in them, I was writing fairly detailed synopses on their CV pages as I went anyway, so you could just skim those :)

#5 Posted by Spiders_Man3 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll probably just skip them then. Cheers.

#6 Posted by ClutchWarfare (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spiders_Man3: Scarlet Redemption (Marc Spector: Moon Knight 26-30) is a must read for MK fans. Enjoy!

#7 Posted by Spiders_Man3 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I might pick them up. Thanks for the recommendation!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.