I need help/ideas for making a Moon Knight costume!

#1 Posted by G Bird (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright so me and a friend are planning to go to a comic convention in the spring so I wanted to start making a Moon Knight costume. I've never made a costume before so I thought maybe some of you guys have and could give me some tips and pointers. Any help would be great, thanks!

#2 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

old toilet paper rolls and your mother's sheets....that's all you need

#3 Posted by G Bird (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.... somehow I don't think that's gonna cut it for this one!

#4 Posted by Bearded Justice (732 posts) - - Show Bio

scour thrift shops a la goodwill and stuff. 
 or ebay.   
i saw a moon knight costume once on here.  id put a link but i have no clue where it was. 
ill look and if i find it ill post again.
#5 Posted by Danial79 (2326 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just thinking about this the other day... and got scared off by how daunting a task it is :)

#6 Posted by G Bird (1277 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bearded Justice said:
" scour thrift shops a la goodwill and stuff.  or ebay.   i saw a moon knight costume once on here.  id put a link but i have no clue where it was. ill look and if i find it ill post again. "
I did check ebay but had no luck. I looked on search engines for what other people have done as far as cosplay but none of the Moon Knights I've seen were very good. 

@Danial79 said:
" I was just thinking about this the other day... and got scared off by how daunting a task it is :) "
LOL I know, it's gonna take a long time that's why I wanna get started now. The convention I plan on going to is in the spring so it should give me enough time to make a good costume.
#7 Edited by Danial79 (2326 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird: I have to say, the competition (that I've seen) is not very stiff :P

#8 Posted by G Bird (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL well they're not horrible (except the last one). I have no experience in sewing or anything so these costumes are probably the best I could do too. That Hawkeye one actually looks pretty sweet though!

#9 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

First, get the Batman Begins costume and paint the armor white. Also, try to etch out the bat symbol. Next, ditch the Batman cape and mask. Get a regular black sheet for the mask. Then you should be able to make the hood and cape all in one with a long white sheet. It's the more modern version of Moon Knight.

#10 Posted by McJawsh (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it really funny that the Hawkeye, Dr. Strange, and Iron Fist costumes are fairly legit and the Moon Knight ones are kind of a joke.  haha

#11 Edited by Danial79 (2326 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird said:

" LOL well they're not horrible (except the last one). "

Yeah, I'm not sure where he got the idea of a black suit from. The third pic is probably the best of the bunch. Don't know how recent those pics are, but the current MK doesn't even have the black face :)

When you've got your costume ready, don't forget your beating club :P  

#12 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79 said:
" @G Bird said:

" LOL well they're not horrible (except the last one). "

Yeah, I'm not sure where he got the idea of a black suit from. The third pic is probably the best of the bunch. Don't know how recent those pics are, but the current MK doesn't even have the black face :)

When you've got your costume ready, don't forget your beating club :P  

"
It's not that the modern MK doesn't have a black mask. It was always black. That's just David Finch's art style. He went back to having a black face after Finch was done with MK.
#13 Posted by Danial79 (2326 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:
" He went back to having a black face after Finch was done with MK. "
Well actually, his mask is just the same colour as the rest of his suit (see recent examples below). I think some artists just draw it black so it looks hidden and mysterious...

Vengeance of the Moon Knight #10

Vengeance Of The Moon Knight #9

Vengeance of the Moon Knight #5

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.