Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Hypothesis: Moon Knight vs Daken

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey
    Here's where I tell you what I think will happen in... well comics!
    It wasn't too long ago when Marvel announced the release of a new Moon Knight comic book series. The book will be brought to life by team that are famous forDaredevil, Spider-Woman and ScarletBrian M. Bendis and Alex Maleev. Question is, who will Marc Spector be confronting in this new series?

No Caption Provided
    Recap:Moon Knight is one of the many B-list Marvel characters (or is it C-List) that is very hard to get right. A lot of writers have tried to make this character stand out but sales don't always favor this dark and confused character. The last solo series Marc Spector was spotlighted in was Vengeance of Moon Knight (2009) which lasted 10 issues. Now he is part of Steve Rogers' Secret Avengers as a repercussion of Siege

Moon Knight #1 
     Moon Knight #1 
    Facts: When Marvel released a first look at the book (Which you can see HERE) it came with this short description:  

Moon Knight heads to Los Angeles as a one-man Avengers team to dissolve a criminal syndicate tearing the City of Angels apart. Except there will be no warm welcome, because once word gets out about Marc Spector’s arrival, the mastermind behind LA’s crime circuit will stop at nothing to make an example of any Avengers who cross him. Plagued by incurable schizophrenia, can Moon Knight hold it together to clear out a city riddled with villains. This May, two of comics’ biggest talents reunite to redraw, and redefine one of Marvel’s Big Shots , only in Moon Knight #1!

The June solicitation for the second issue of this new series says the following:  

Moon Knight’s startling true nature as a one-man Avengers team stands revealed! Now, in the guises and identities of Spider-Man, Wolverine and Captain America, Marc Spector wages war against organized crime in Los Angeles. But who is the Kingpin of crime in L.A. and how does Moon Knight plan to bring him down?

During C2E2 , Bendis answered a few questions about Moon Knight and what his place will be while in the City of Angels:

BIG SHOT information was revealed. We know Moon Knight by Bendis and Maleev was announced (Moon Knight moves to LA to take on the mysterious Kingpin of LA, who is known and will be revealed in the first arc).

So Moon Knight is going to spend his time in Hollywood, and while he won't exactly step in the Runaways' vicinity I am thinking that he will meet another rising Marvel character. Who is "the mysterious Kingpin of LA"? 

Daken: Dark Wolverine #10
     Daken: Dark Wolverine #10
    X-23 and Daken are having a family reunion right now during the Collision story arc in Madripoor , but apparently after this "collision" between Wolverine's offspring Daken will be making a few location changes. The June solicitations say this about Daken: Dark Wolverine #10:

WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD! Daken’s new life starts here! After razing his father’s old stomping grounds of Madripoor and installing himself as its kingpin, Daken decides to expand his enterprise…and Los Angeles seems ripe for the picking. Don’t miss out as rising star ROB WILLIAMS teams up with fan favorite [] to bring you an all new chapter full of glitz, glamour and the first step towards global domination.

See where I'm going with this? If you don't I think you need to check if you are literate.

Hypothesis: While Daken has not been established as Los Angeles' kinping, he is Madipoor's and he wants to branch out by heading to Hollywood. I say this "mysterious" kingpin the Moon Knight teasers keeps mentioning is actually Wolverine's son.

Is Moon Knight, the one-man Avengers team, going to head-to-head with Daken, the Dark Wolverine? I think so! Do you agree?

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @sora_thekey 
    MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MatKrenz

I wouldn't get it past them of doing this but I hope Bendis won't touch the Runaways.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sora_thekey
    @MatKrenz said:
    " I wouldn't get it past them of doing this but I hope Bendis won't touch the Runaways. "
    He said he doesn't want to touch them!
    Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bearded Justice

if it happens, it happens

ill buy it and enjoy the moon knightiness of it

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

Garbage.

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ReverseNegative

Epic Facepalm
    Epic Facepalm
    FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FunnyStuff707

I already made a thread about this.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @FunnyStuff707 said:
    " I already made a thread about this. "
    This ^
    JMWRainwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JMWRainwater

I think if someone would take the time to write a real Moon Knight backstory, story arc, development, & establishing story (be it fan-fic or whoever), then people would be super accepting of this as well as his integration into mainstream Avengerism. 

I don't know a lot but there are two types of people that read comics:
    1. Ones who like the pictures and awesome powers. These can be dedicated fans or people looking for nostalgia.
    2. Ones who can't enjoy a story until they are emotionally committed to the character. I believe these are the people on CV.    

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @JMWRainwater said:
    " I think if someone would take the time to write a real Moon Knight backstory, story arc, development, & establishing story (be it fan-fic or whoever), then people would be super accepting of this as well as his integration into mainstream Avengerism. I don't know a lot but there are two types of people that read comics:1. Ones who like the pictures and awesome powers. These can be dedicated fans or people looking for nostalgia.2. Ones who can't enjoy a story until they are emotionally committed to the character. I believe these are the people on CV.     "
    Actually, I usually like a story if it is written well and is factually accurate.
    darkwolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By darkwolverine

Looks like u were right after all.  This is the cover for Daken: Dark Wolverine #14.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sora_thekey

@darkwolverine: Success!

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By IrishX

Well I think it was obvious they would cross paths but it still doesn't necessarily mean Daken is the "Kingpin of L.A.".

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By InnerVenom123

FadeToBlackBolt's theory that Marc himself is the Kingpin is the most sound. Daken's probably just trying to be Kingpin. 

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IrishX

I still leaning towards the theory that the Kingpin is Count Nefaria. (I would not be shocked if it was MK though)

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By DanialCarroll

@IrishX said:

I still leaning towards the theory that the Kingpin is Count Nefaria. (I would not be shocked if it was MK though)

Someone has already put him down as a character on the Moon Knight #2 page. How could they know it was him for certain?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By IrishX
    @Danial79: They don't and he shouldn't be credited... at least not in my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.