Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1413 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

How I would do a Moon Knight video game

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By DanialCarroll

I've been giving a Moon Knight video game a lot of thought, which I know is a waste of time seeing as I'll never get to make it, but none-the-less, I have. Anyway, I thought I'd just run through some of my ideas and see what people think in general... 

Style 

At first I thought an open-world game in the style of GTA would work best, but then the more I thought about it, the less I liked the idea. First of all, a lot of time would be wasted on car and civilian AI that would really have no impact on the gameplay. In GTA it's justified because you get to drive the cars and shoot the people, but MK wouldn't be doing either of those, so it really would be a waste of budget. Instead, I think it would work better in the style of Mass Effect. You would have Grant Mansion as your base of operations, where you could walk around freely, talking to Marlene, Frenchie, Samuels, and whoever else is there at the time, either just to get to know them (for those who don't already), or to discuss story-related info. Some of your missions would be discovered through a police scanner, while other, more important ones, would be learned of through talking to Crawley at Gena's Diner. You would then choose your missions via a map of New York, which would not only include story-related missions, but general criminal activity that would be used simply to increase XP.  Choosing a mission would take you straight to the scene of the crime.

Missions 

Batman: Arkham Asylum is one of the best games out there, not just for a comic character, but overall, so obviously it would make a good template. The thing that would make MK unique, would be how Khonshu is incorporated. My thoughts are that he could appear beside you during battles, taunting you to "finish him off" or whatever, and then perhaps a good/evil system could be incorporated whereby doing Khonshu's bidding would make you physically stronger, Fist of Khonshu style, but would lose you the respect of the other heroes. If you chose to ignore Khonshu, perhaps Spider-Man, Daredevil, or Cap could come in for assistance later on in the game. Frenchie could also give you relevant information from up in the Mooncopter.

Bosses 

At the end of some of the story missions, you would get to fight Morpheus, Randall, Black Spectre, Scarlet, and Werewolf, but through the whole game, the ultimate goal would obviously be to get to Bushman, who no doubt set up everything else that had transpired.
    KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By KenTheProfile

could be good but never gonna happen at least on a AAA title scale, MoonKnight is to unkown. Hell the only reason I know about him is because I found The Profile. but  maybe a  hot indie dev could run with it as there first be gig.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @KenTheProfile:  If a game is good, it will sell. Word spreads very quickly nowdays. The problem comes from people wanting to finance a little-known character in the first place.
    Avatar image for black_butterfly
    Black_Butterfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Black_Butterfly

I love the idea. It seems like it would be a great game if developed correctly. Unfortunately it would never be created because, like KenTheProfile asid, Moon Knight is just not as famous as Batman, the annoying spider or the boy scout known as superman. I rank Moon Knight as number three on my heroes list and this game would be interesting to play.

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ReverseNegative

Sounds good, but it's called a sandbox game, not a GTA-style. 

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @ReverseNegative said:
    " Sounds good, but it's called a sandbox game, not a GTA-style. "
    Ummm, I never used used the phrase "GTA-style" :/
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Danial79 said:
    " @ReverseNegative said:
    " Sounds good, but it's called a sandbox game, not a GTA-style. "
    Ummm, I never used used the phrase "GTA-style" :/ "
    it says it under 'style'
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @ReverseNegative: You mean, where I say " open-world game"? I'm pretty sure that's just another title for a sandbox game :)
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Danial79 said:
    " @ReverseNegative: You mean, where I say " open-world game"? I'm pretty sure that's just another title for a sandbox game :) "
    Ah, must've missed that.
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By z3ro180
    @Danial79:
    dude thats a good idea. 

And im sure if enogh fans push the idea marvel would make it.But the fan would also need to push marvel to give the  
    project to a god developer like bioware or free radical and not to a shity developer that made desaters like tron man 1 and 2 the incredible hulk or the upcomeing piles of crap like thor and captain america 
    (THESE ARE ALL MOVIE GAMES)becasue im not pouinting any fingers but SEGA isnt a good developer.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DanialCarroll

@Z3RO180: I get the feeling that Marvel aren't that picky when it comes to who licenses their characters for games. To be fair though, SEGA only publish Thor and Captain America. They are developed by Liquid Entertainment and Next Level Games respectively. And I'm still holding out hope that Cap might be an alright game :P

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By z3ro180
    @Danial79: hmm i did not know that =. I thought that sega made them them but yea since i wrote that comment the cap game does look good.
    StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By StarKiller809

I would like a Moon Knight video game. I think that if they could follow Batman: Arkham Asylum type game it could be really successful. I think it would be a cool twist if they actually put in some elements of him mental unstable side to him. That would be hard to do but if done right, really cool.

SteveRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SteveRodgers

we should raise money for this guy to make this game. who would play it? everybody !!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.