First Appearance Cost

#1 Edited by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Just thought I'd add this as an amusing topic of conversation... 

I was looking at the Werewolf by Night #32 page here on CV, and saw on the cover pic that it was priced at a whopping 25c !  

Now I ran that 1975 price through an inflation calculator, and found that today's equivalent is... $1 

Can you imagine buying that comic for $1 when it's now going on eBay for upwards of $850!

#2 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

And just as a side note, I wasn't aware that MK was "clad in solid silver"!?!

#3 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79 said:
" And just as a side note, I wasn't aware that MK was "clad in solid silver"!?! "
He used to be, not anymore.
#4 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:
" @Danial79 said:
" And just as a side note, I wasn't aware that MK was "clad in solid silver"!?! "
He used to be, not anymore. "
So he really was a "knight" back in those days :)
#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (48633 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79:
He's also worn an all adamantium armor. Thankfully, I have WBN 32 and 33 :)
Staff
#6 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, back when WBN was popular, Moon Knight was created to just be a Silver Knight and fight him. Now MN is ten times more popular then WBN lol. Irony.
#7 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79 said:
" @ReverseNegative said:
" @Danial79 said:
He used to be, not anymore. "
So he really was a "knight" back in those days :) "
I guess they were pretty literal back then.
#8 Posted by Bearded Justice (751 posts) - - Show Bio

his cape was real weird lookin too
#9 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Danial79: I have WBN 32 and 33 :) "
Lucky you :) I guess if you're ever strapped for cash, you know where you can get a quick $900 lol
#10 Posted by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody is getting $850 for Werewolf By Night #32, that's just the highest priced one on Ebay and it's been on there forever. I could ask $1,000,000,000 for my Amazing Spider-Man #573 but I'm not gonna get it. You can get a Werewolf By Night #32 for around $50 on Ebay.

#11 Posted by McJawsh (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I've even seen it for less.  One day when I just have some money laying around I'll get it, lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.