Dream Creative Team

#1 Posted by Danial79 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

If Moon Knight was to get a new series, or even mini-series, who would be your dream creative team and why?

For me, I'd like to see a noir-ish writer like Ed Brubaker running the show, and because I'd like to see the title dark and gritty, I'm going to go with Clayton Crain as artist. I know Crain's art is divisive, but I've been reading Carnage USA and really think he could do the title justice. I mean, just look at this:

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Ellis and Templesmith

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Slott and Crain.

#4 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Rucka and Guice.

#5 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Ellis and Templesmith
#6 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Warren Ellis and Mike Deodato

#7 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Aaron and Clayton Crain

#8 Edited by Danial79 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that's 3 for Crain. Also 3 for Ellis. I really liked Ellis' handling of MK in Secret Avengers, so I would be happy if he wrote it also.

Though no one's saying why these teams would work. Sell it to me people :P

#9 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: Ellis because of the reason you said, and Deodato because his art on the secret avengers showed me he could do a dark character like moon knight.

#10 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Daniel for both story and art

#11 Posted by jkeener71 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone would be better than who is doing it now, art-wise. The story I can live with, but better couldn't hurt.

#12 Posted by TDK_1997 (14642 posts) - - Show Bio

Greg Rucka and Mike Deodato Jr. or Butch Guice.

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (57905 posts) - - Show Bio

Azzarello/Risso for any crime book.
BB

#14 Posted by xlizen (106 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with Jason Aaron and Steve McNiven.

@TDK_1997 said:

Greg Rucka and Mike Deodato Jr. or Butch Guice.

Rucka or Deodato would work and after looking at Guice's artwork he would rock too!

#15 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

Wow, that's 3 for Crain. Also 3 for Ellis. I really liked Ellis' handling of MK in Secret Avengers, so I would be happy if he wrote it also.

Though no one's saying why these teams would work. Sell it to me people :P

You said you wanted Clayton Crain to do moon knight. I'm not 100% on this but I think he did this image. At least it's something right?

#16 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Ed Brubaker or Greg Rucka would do good

Someone like Michael Lark on pencils. :)

#17 Posted by Danial79 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

@GiantsizeManThing: Thanks, man, that's awesome! I just knew he could draw a cool Moon Knight! :)

#18 Posted by jkeener71 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@GiantsizeManThing:

That Shadowland cover is way better than anything Maleev could do.

#19 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@jkeener71: Agreed,this guy too. He's my favorite cover artist.

#20 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: No problem, let me ask you something, you've probably read more moon knight than anyone here. I got a little money coming in and i'm gonna get some moon knight comics from amazon, I just wanted to ask, should I get Scarlet redemption (Marc Spector moon knight #26-#31) Down South, Round Robin, Essentials moon knight Vol.3, Either of the two late 90s Doug Moench mini-series or Marvel Knights?

#21 Posted by Danial79 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

@GiantsizeManThing: Of those, I'd say Down South is the best, but there are a lot of people who don't like it, so I'm cautious of recommending it to people. Next, I'd say Scarlet Redemption (love Stained Glass Scarlet), followed by Round Robin, though Round Robin has the added bonus of being collected. I'm in the middle of reading it myself, so I couldn't say how good it is. It seems pretty average so far though. The Essentials are good for old stuff, but due to their black and white printing, I'd say you'd be better off trying eBay for the original issues. With Moon Knight being a C-grade character, they're not generally too expensive or hard to find. You can read my reviews of High Strangeness and Resurrection War to see my thoughts on those, but I can tell you now, neither was particularly amazing. As for Marvel Knights, despite having Daredevil, Punisher, and Moon Knight (one of my dream team-ups), I found it reeeeaaaaaalllly boring. Hope that helps :)

#22 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: thanks man, one more question, how much of punisher is in down south?

#23 Posted by Danial79 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

@GiantsizeManThing: Very little. It's been a while since I read it, but I can only really remember him in one scene. It's mostly MK and the Zapata Brothers.

#24 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: OK, after I get these, i'm gonna stat working on the punisher.

#25 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: here's one more clayton crain cover for ya.

#26 Posted by Danial79 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio
@GiantsizeManThing Is that Crain? I've always loved that cover! :)
#27 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: yeah, Saw his name in the credits inside the books.

#28 Posted by Danial79 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

@GiantsizeManThing: Once again proving he's perfect for the job :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.