Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1414 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Does he need more attention?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Random thought today. I think Moon Knight has the potential to be a great character...if Marvel would give him enough attention. So that got me wondering...DOES MOON KNIGHT NEED MORE ATTENTION IN THE MARVEL U?  

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CATPANEXE

I'm lost as to how the current amount of attention given to the character isn't enough?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CATPANEXE

To my knowledge, he is only appearing in his own title and Secret Avengers. Am I wrong on that? I just feel like he's under rated and could be a lot more popular.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By IrishX
    @primepower53: Think about how many characters actually have their own series. Moon Knight has his own series going on, is sorta part of the Secret Avengers and Heroes for Hire, recently had his own mini in the Shadowland arc. I don't think really much more can be asked of Marvel. It's odd in that I want MK to be popular enough to continue to have his own series but then I like that he's a C-rated Superhero so I don't want him too popular...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IrishX

I actually missed the Shadowland mini. Never picked up heroes for hire in my life, so I never knew he was in that, either.  

You and I seem to be in the same boat.
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CATPANEXE
    @primepower53: he's a relative unknown to the public at large, outside of people like us, yet, he has his own title (which keeps re-appearing despite low sales leading to cancellations), is in a team book, and appears in many other prolific titles and events. That and he has merchandizing and appeared as a main character in a video game to an audience who for the most part likely wouldn't recognize him. To me, it seems their doing all they can and then some. I don't believe Marvel is ignoring Moon Knight.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DanialCarroll

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Marvel are doing their best to promote him. Giving him to their #1 writer (despite what I think of the series) just proves it.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By daredevil21134
    @CATPANEXE said:
    I'm lost as to how the current amount of attention given to the character isn't enough?
    agrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, I wasn't aware how much attention they were already giving him.....

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

Moon Knight has always flown slightly under the radar(or completely off it depending on who you talk to) and that is how I like it. He is given the perfect amount of attention. I don't want him to have more attention, simply because I don't want to have to chase him through a trillion different issues like fans of Wolverine or Deadpool. I think MK is one of the most aptly rated characters in the Marvel Universe.

jkeener71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jkeener71

No, they need better artist that actually know how to draw. This Maleev guy sucks so hard imo. Hate his art, makes my eyes bleed.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By Samimista

@CATPANEXE said:

@primepower53: he's a relative unknown to the public at large, outside of people like us, yet, he has his own title (which keeps re-appearing despite low sales leading to cancellations), is in a team book, and appears in many other prolific titles and events. That and he has merchandizing and appeared as a main character in a video game to an audience who for the most part likely wouldn't recognize him. To me, it seems their doing all they can and then some. I don't believe Marvel is ignoring Moon Knight.

I completely agree with this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.