Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1414 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Do you like insane Moon Knight or sane Moon Knight?

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By G Bird

I know people have differing opinions on whether they like when Moon Knight is sane or insane, so I figured I'd take official vote. For some reason I can't create a poll so just write your choice in. Personally I did like when he was killing people and carved Bushman's face off, but I like how now he can be viewed as a hero again and work with others like Steve Rogers and Spider-Man. If you've read the Shadowland Moon Knight issues though it seems like he might revert back to killing. That doesn't necessarily mean he'll become insane, that is unless Khonshu takes over his thoughts again.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DanialCarroll

I like him insane. Having Khonshu constantly in his head makes for interesting reading IMO :)

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm down with it all honestly. I like the fact that Moon Knight is an ever changing growing in mentality character
    much like a real human being. also helps to keep things fresh. Maybe it was because I was introduced to him when 
    he first hit the scene so I see none of his recent exploits as " what is Moon Knight supposed to be " though, imo.

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By G Bird
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " I'm down with it all honestly. I like the fact that Moon Knight is an ever changing growing in mentality character much like a real human being. also helps to keep things fresh. Maybe it was because I was introduced to him when  he first hit the scene so I see none of his recent exploits as " what is Moon Knight supposed to be " though, imo. "
    I was introduced to him with the 2006 run and I really liked him, and then I got the Vengeance series as it came out and I also like how he changes just like a real human. Now I have a big collection of his earlier stuff too and I also like that. I buy every issue that he appears in and as long as the writing is good, I really don't care if he's sane or not.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Is there a sane Moon Knight?

rufug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By rufug

I prefer him INsane, can't wait  for Bendis to make this guy interesting again. I know he is a Secret Avenger now but the clean image does not suit him, if Charlie Huston ever did one thing right was writing that fantastic arc (The Bottom) about him going nuts.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

I like them both equally. Sane Moon Knight had a far funnier interaction with khonshu.  

"FEED ME--  
    flicks with index finger
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DanialCarroll

Wait, just let me clear something up... by "insane" and "sane", are you meaning "psychotic" and "heroic"?

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @fesak said:
    "Is there a sane Moon Knight? "

Currently, he's sane.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @rufug said:
    " I prefer him INsane, can't wait  for Bendis to make this guy interesting again. I know he is a Secret Avenger now but the clean image does not suit him, if Charlie Huston ever did one thing right was writing that fantastic arc (The Bottom) about him going nuts. "
    if you're waiting for Bendis to make Moon Knight interesting...you'll be waiting forever.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @rufug said:
    " I prefer him INsane, can't wait  for Bendis to make this guy interesting again. I know he is a Secret Avenger now but the clean image does not suit him, if Charlie Huston ever did one thing right was writing that fantastic arc (The Bottom) about him going nuts. "
    if you're waiting for Bendis to make Moon Knight interesting...you'll be waiting forever. "

Was that a diss on Bendis or a diss on Moon Knight? :p
    rufug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rufug
    @InnerVenom123: Bendis. I think. o_O
    rufug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rufug
    @Vance Astro: Bendis loves you, be nice to Michael Chiklis's ugly brother.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @rufug said:
    " @InnerVenom123: Bendis. I think. o_O "

Knowing Vance that could be either way. Or.... both?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    Was that a diss on Bendis or a diss on Moon Knight? :p "
    Bendis.He's not going to use Moon Knight well in Secret Avengers.He doesn't know how.He has no idea how to write a team comic.Secret Avengers is just like all his other books.3 characters will dominate as far as actually doing something notable in the book and everyone else will just be there.Since Moon Knight isn't the A-list character I doubt he's going to do anything pivotal in the book.I think Bendis may be writing a new Moon Knight solo book but I don't know how he's going to write Moon Knight.We know he can write street levelers because his Daredevil was fairly good.However I have absolutely no faith in his writing anymore.I feel he will either go the way of Loeb and have Moon Knight doing a bunch of ridiculous things and writing other characters out of character to make Moon Knight look good or he will write a mediocre book where Moon Knight stays within his range and nothing really happens.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    Bendis.He's not going to use Moon Knight well in Secret Avengers.He doesn't know how.He has no idea how to write a team comic.Secret Avengers is just like all his other books.3 characters will dominate as far as actually doing something notable in the book and everyone else will just be there.Since Moon Knight isn't the A-list character I doubt he's going to do anything pivotal in the book.I think Bendis may be writing a new Moon Knight solo book but I don't know how he's going to write Moon Knight.We know he can write street levelers because his Daredevil was fairly good.However I have absolutely no faith in his writing anymore.I feel he will either go the way of Loeb and have Moon Knight doing a bunch of ridiculous things and writing other characters out of character to make Moon Knight look good or he will write a mediocre book where Moon Knight stays within his range and nothing really happens. "

You do realize Brubaker is writing Secret Avengers.... right? Or... wait... is Bendis getting hold of that book!?
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    Bendis.He's not going to use Moon Knight well in Secret Avengers.He doesn't know how.He has no idea how to write a team comic.Secret Avengers is just like all his other books.3 characters will dominate as far as actually doing something notable in the book and everyone else will just be there.Since Moon Knight isn't the A-list character I doubt he's going to do anything pivotal in the book.I think Bendis may be writing a new Moon Knight solo book but I don't know how he's going to write Moon Knight.We know he can write street levelers because his Daredevil was fairly good.However I have absolutely no faith in his writing anymore.I feel he will either go the way of Loeb and have Moon Knight doing a bunch of ridiculous things and writing other characters out of character to make Moon Knight look good or he will write a mediocre book where Moon Knight stays within his range and nothing really happens. "

Damn
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    You do realize Brubaker is writing Secret Avengers.... right? Or... wait... is Bendis getting hold of that book!? "
    Brubaker writes like Bendis now...it's like everyone is writing like Bendis now.Brian Reed was writing like him in Dark Reign..that whole Moonstone replacing Ms.Marvel sh#t was the worst thing i've ever read.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DanialCarroll

I think they need some new blood instead of keeping these guys until their brains run dry...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    You do realize Brubaker is writing Secret Avengers.... right? Or... wait... is Bendis getting hold of that book!? "
    Brubaker writes like Bendis now...it's like everyone is writing like Bendis now.Brian Reed was writing like him in Dark Reign..that whole Moonstone replacing Ms.Marvel sh#t was the worst thing i've ever read. "

Brian Reed wrote like a madman. I listened to an interview of him talking about 'Sinister Spider-man'. Apparently his editor did a double take after reading certain parts of the script.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    Brubaker writes like Bendis now...it's like everyone is writing like Bendis now.Brian Reed was writing like him in Dark Reign..that whole Moonstone replacing Ms.Marvel sh#t was the worst thing i've ever read. "

Brian Reed wrote like a madman. I listened to an interview of him talking about 'Sinister Spider-man'. Apparently his editor did a double take after reading certain parts of the script. "
    Brubaker's Captain America and Daredevil were amazing.His Secret Avengers.....not at all.It's almost exactly like Dark Avengers.The worst Avengers book ever.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:

Brian Reed wrote like a madman. I listened to an interview of him talking about 'Sinister Spider-man'. Apparently his editor did a double take after reading certain parts of the script. "
    Brubaker's Captain America and Daredevil were amazing.His Secret Avengers.....not at all.It's almost exactly like Dark Avengers.The worst Avengers book ever. "

Oh come on, give it more credit than that. At least Valkeryie wasn't screwing Ant-Man on the dining room table while Steve watched from a Security camera while being talked down to by Sharon.
    PK Atomsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PK Atomsk

Definitely sane.

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bearded Justice

i like him sane as well, but my vote is for INSANE!! 
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Theodore

crazy

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By daredevil21134

sane
    Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    "
    I like them both equally. Sane Moon Knight had a far funnier interaction with khonshu.  

"FEED ME--  
    flicks with index finger
    "
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Bearded Justice said:
    " i like him sane as well, but my vote is for INSANE!!  "
    I feel the same. He's getting a good name for being sane, but he was more interesting when he was crazy.
    Rabbit Tots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By Rabbit Tots

I liked him in the classics where he also had magical powers. This new Moon Knight is becoming too far fetched for me like the Punisher.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By G Bird
    @Rabbit Tots said:
    " I liked him in the classics where he also had magical powers. This new Moon Knight is becoming too far fetched for me like the Punisher. "
    Wouldn't having magical powers be more far fetched than not having magical powers lol?!?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.