Continuity?

#1 Posted by Danial79 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

Got my hands on "Vengeance of the Moon Knight, Vol. 1" today, and I just got up to Bushman's resurrection where he puts his face back on... but doesn't Marc have that? Or S.H.I.E.L.D, after confiscating his stuff? How did it get back to his grave!?!

#2 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't remember exactly what happened in the issue (whether it was given to him or he had it all along), but if S.H.I.E.L.D. had it then it could have become the property of H.A.M.M.E.R. during Osborn's reign, and then given to The Hood who was working with Osborn, who in turn may have given it to Bushman.

#3 Posted by Danial79 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

In the issue, he simply rises, asks for his face, and The Profile kicks the dirt and says, "I believe it's, uh, there. It must've been buried with you."

#4 Posted by Bearded Justice (751 posts) - - Show Bio

I noticed that too.  But never really thought too much to look into it.  I mean, I knew marc had the mask, cause he went all hannibal lecter and wore it that one time, but i couldnt remember what happened to it after that.
#5 Posted by Danial79 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bearded Justice said:
" I noticed that too.  But never really thought too much to look into it.  I mean, I knew marc had the mask, cause he went all hannibal lecter and wore it that one time, but i couldnt remember what happened to it after that. "
No matter who had it, I doubt they took the time to return it to Bushman's grave :)
#6 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79 said:
" @Bearded Justice said:
" I noticed that too.  But never really thought too much to look into it.  I mean, I knew marc had the mask, cause he went all hannibal lecter and wore it that one time, but i couldnt remember what happened to it after that. "
No matter who had it, I doubt they took the time to return it to Bushman's grave :) "
Good point. Who would bring a torn-off face back to a dead man's grave? I would just throw it out if I didn't want it anymore.
#7 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

Good question about the face, I'd like an explanation for that too.

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bearded Justice said:
Khonshu, in his faceless Bushman form, picked it up and wore it. Since this was obviously unreal, this is likely just a continuity error on the part of the writer.
#9 Posted by Danial79 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

Marlene saw Marc wearing the mask, so it was real :)

#10 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79 said:
" Marlene saw Marc wearing the mask, so it was real :) "
I know, but Khonshu picking it up probably was where reality blurred. So how it ended up in Bushman's grave is anyone's guess, but it's probably just a writer error.
#11 Posted by Danial79 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123
@Danial79 said:
" Marlene saw Marc wearing the mask, so it was real :) "
I know, but Khonshu picking it up probably was where reality blurred. So how it ended up in Bushman's grave is anyone's guess, but it's probably just a writer error.
Maybe he read The Bottom arc and not the rest, and just assumed that it would get buried with him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.