Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Comic Book Question of the Week: Favorite Moon Knight Artist

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Moon Knight Month continues! The Marvel anti-hero has been appearing in comics since 1975 and, since then, dozens of talented artists have brought the character to life in the pages of various volumes. This week, we want you to reflect on all of the talented people that have played a part in crafting Moon Knight's many adventures. We know it won't be an easy decision to make, but we want you to pick a favorite artist! Will you side with the talent behind a classic book or has one of the modern volumes won you over?

No Caption Provided

The poll will stay open until Thursday morning (ET), so that means there's no need to make up your mind just yet! Sure, you may have a favorite in mind, but if you haven't seen some of the work by the other artists on the list, we strongly encourage you to check out their work (click the names below to teleport to their pages). Once you've given it a proper amount of thought, click the link at the bottom to cast your vote and then tell us why a certain artist received your love. If you want to go the extra mile, post your favorite Moon Knight picture they made, too! So, who will it be, Viners? The winner will be announced on Thursday!

Here's the options on the poll. Again, you can click their names to see samples of their work.

CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT YOUR FAVORITE ARTIST!

No Caption Provided

Feel free to share future question ideas in the comments below or via Twitter! Want to continue celebrating Moon Knight? We've posted his Best Covers, Best Battles, he's currently fighting Black Canary (vote here!), and his Must Read Stories will be posted on Friday.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Never read a Moon Knight comic before in my life, but David Finch is by far my favorite artist on this list.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

how come we didnt see this much attention last month when it was spiderman?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
    @viin said:

how come we didnt see this much attention last month when it was spiderman?

Spider-Man did receive this much attention. Maybe you just didn't see all of the features. Spider-Man's world was the subject of every Question of the Week, had a Battle every week, and received Best Battles/Covers/Stories.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Finch

Avatar image for milleniumpuppet
    MilleniumPuppet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

David Finch then Bill Sienkiewicz, that's how it all played out for me

clayscarface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I know part of the point is to encourage people (like me) who don't know much about Moon Knight to delve into his history and all that, but it'd be really nice if some of these had more of a guide to follow (i.e. an example of each, or for the villains one at least a picture of each). Yeah, part of me is being lazy, but I also know I'd be more likely to look up a run if I had one in my face saying "look how awesome I look!" like with the current run.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@k4tzm4n: I know part of the point is to encourage people (like me) who don't know much about Moon Knight to delve into his history and all that, but it'd be really nice if some of these had more of a guide to follow (i.e. an example of each, or for the villains one at least a picture of each). Yeah, part of me is being lazy, but I also know I'd be more likely to look up a run if I had one in my face saying "look how awesome I look!" like with the current run.

Just need to ask :) There are plenty of us Moon Knight fans willing to give advice on the goods. I'll save you some time and say that most will recommend The Bottom as a good starting block.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By slade_wilson

Gotta vote for my boy Ron Garney

dkmark96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the "Character of the Month" concept (and loved Spidey's month), but I'm getting tired of this Moon Knight overload. I just think some features like "Best Battles" or asking about our Favorite Moon Knight artist don't work. the "Best Moon Knight Battles" article had way too many entries, "Moon Knight vs. Punk Ghosts", for example (I'm reading the current run by the way).

Many won't agree with me, but that's my opinion. I hope next month we get a classic character win again :)

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Alex Maleev respectively.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Sienkiewicz, 'nuff said- but David Finch did some awesome, smack-you-in-the-face-with-a-truncheon art.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

It's not even a contest. Bill Sienkiewicz.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@dkmark96 said:

I like the "Character of the Month" concept (and loved Spidey's month), but I'm getting tired of this Moon Knight overload. I just think some features like "Best Battles" or asking about our Favorite Moon Knight artist don't work. the "Best Moon Knight Battles" article had way too many entries, "Moon Knight vs. Punk Ghosts", for example (I'm reading the current run by the way).

Many won't agree with me, but that's my opinion. I hope next month we get a classic character win again :)

Thank you for the input. I see no harm in adding a lot of options with "Moon Knight's Best Battles" and, while vs. ghosts wasn't very long, it was most certainly memorable and unique.

"Must Read" stories is reserved for the end because, honestly, it's a very time consuming segment to write. It means diving back into their entire history and discussing with the staff which stories we should promote. Then of course comes the task of saying why these stories should be checked out. As for proving more information, I tried to do that this time by adding hyperlink names for each artist. That way you can see samples of their work with just 1-2 clicks. And, seeing as I use Microsoft Paint for my custom images, making an image of 15+ villains for just that poll would have been very time consuming.

dkmark96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Thank you for the hard work. It would be cool next month the voting is between X-men or villians. A month dedicated to a team will be great too.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@dkmark96 said:

@k4tzm4n: Thank you for the hard work. It would be cool next month the voting is between X-men or villians. A month dedicated to a team will be great too.

Thank you for the thanks! And yup, there will absolutely be a theme for X-Men and villains -- just a matter of when!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.