Bendis' Moon Knight ending?

#1 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone pointed out to me that the April solicitations tease something that many of us have been hoping for:

MOON KNIGHT #12

• The Conclusion Of Marvel’s Maddest Mercenary Moon Knight Is Here!
  • After All He’s Been Through, Will There Be Anything Left Of The One-Man Avenger?

If there was a poll option, it would be interesting to know just how many people want the series cancelled and how many don't. The sales have plummeted pretty quickly, so I'm guessing most people do :)

#2 Posted by MethodMan008 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah sadness.. :(

Even though Bendis is doing some dumb and crazy stuff with Moon Knight, I still enjoy the stories.

#3 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if it would have been more successful if Bendis stuck closer to the original Moon Knight formula.

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, so they cancelled the 3 other Moon Knight runs just to give Bendis a 12 issue run?

2006's run should have never ended :(

Staff
#5 Posted by daredevil21134 (11769 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

Someone pointed out to me that the April solicitations tease something that many of us have been hoping for:

MOON KNIGHT #12

• The Conclusion Of Marvel’s Maddest Mercenary Moon Knight Is Here!
  • After All He’s Been Through, Will There Be Anything Left Of The One-Man Avenger?

If there was a poll option, it would be interesting to know just how many people want the series cancelled and how many don't. The sales have plummeted pretty quickly, so I'm guessing most people do :)

I told you so

#6 Posted by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Wait, so they cancelled the 3 other Moon Knight runs just to give Bendis a 12 issue run?

2006's run should have never ended :(

#7 Posted by entropy_aegis (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

When was MK a mercenary?

#8 Posted by jkeener71 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

When was MK a mercenary?

http://www.comicvine.com/moon-knight/29-1493/

Origin

Rebelling against his rabbi father, Marc Spector started out as a heavyweight boxer before eventually joining the U.S. Marines. After this period in his life, Marc took the skills he acquired from the Marine Core and went on to become a fierce mercenary. In Africa, he met a French mercenary, Jean-Paul " Frenchie" DuChamp, who would become one of Marc's closest friends. Frenchie later became Marc's pilot. While working for terrorist, Raoul Bushman, Marc began to question his choices. In Selima, Sudan, they stumbled across archaeologist Dr. Peter Alraune's excavation of an Egyptian Pharaoh's tomb. There, Bushman killed the archaeologist. Marc, feeling guilty, attempted to help Alraune's daughter, Marlene Alraune, escape. Annoyed with Marc's betrayal, Bushman beat Spector and left him in the desert to die. Barely conscious, Spector managed to return to the ancient tomb. Marlene was there with her father's men and brought Marc to rest near a statue of the moon god, Khonshu. Weak from his fight with Bushman and the elements of the desert, Spector died. As Marlene cried over his body, Spector suddenly came back to life. It was his belief that Khonshu had brought him back from the dead in order to be the moon's Knight of Vengeance. Spector removed a cloak from the statue of Khonshu and confronted Bushman again, and this time, he came out of the encounter victorious, and thus Moon Knight was born. Returning to the United States with Marlene and Frenchie, the trio decided to fight a war against evil. Spector used his vast fortune that he had collected during his mercenary days to create some aliases to infiltrate different aspects of society. One persona was that of Steven Grant, a New York millionaire. In the guise of Grant, Spector was able to make high profile contacts. Spector also created the persona of Jake Lockley, a New York cab driver. Through Lockley, he was able to make several contacts "on the streets." It appeared that the act of juggling the different persona's put a strain on Spector's mental health.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.