Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1414 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Another snippet of info on new Moon Knight ongoing.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Edited By Hit_Monkey

I've got this little theory that though the impression is that Spector will be wearing his moon-themed three piece suit for this series. He may bust out his Carbonium armour/traditional look for particularly powerful opponents to level the playing field?

I dunno if this is going to happen (obviously) but this recent tweet here by Declan Shalvey suggests ( total maybe) that the armour/trad costume will be making an actual appearance (not just a pic on a bloggers computer screen in one panel, in the first issue) pretty soon. Anyway, here's the tweet -

No Caption Provided

Not a lot to go on I know but I'm thinking it's the armour. As apart from this tweet, we've all seen a couple of the variant covers. Spector is rocking his classic look. So it would be very strange if they were ditching the hood and cloak shtick completely?

Or we could be seeing a different costume entirely? A Moon-scuba suit? A Moon-space suit? (or would that be a Moon-moon suit?) A Moon-Mech? A Moon-Bat suit? (just kidding.) Or it could be following the non-superhero costume style of the Moon-three piece? Maybe Moon-track pants? Moon-pyjamas? A moon-bathrobe? Moon 50's dad??

Please don't get me wrong. I love the new business suit look.( Even though I can't tell if he's going give me a very convincing ad pitch. Tell me "greed is good!' Or murder me with an ax for getting a reservation at Dorsia). I'm just not sure if I want Moon Knight to have more motif-themed costumes than a Batman action figure line or Tony Stark's closet. I suppose it could work is it didn't go too far??

Anyway, please share your thoughts and speculations?

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A new tweet feedin' up my carbonadium hopes/dreams. I'm pretty sure that this "what he looks like" is that armor: it has a lot os similarities with the old one, but brings in something new. Also, this could be exactly what's needed to take on heavy-hitters, I mean, that stuff is nearly unbreakable. You've got me intrigued on this one.

Moon-pyjamas? XD I'd like to have a couple of those.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@cyberwarrior:

Yeah, its gotta be the carbonadium armour he's wearing in that variant? If so, great. It's a bit like the armour from VotMK. Only without that stupid score though the moon insignia on his chest, It made him look like Cent Knight or something.

Anyway, I'm glad you agree. I would really like it. If the carb armour was kept and used when Moon Knight had to to take on someone pretty heavy, To me, it has a nice ring to it and we still get to see Moon Knight's original look. Which should always be kept in some way really as it's awesome.

Moon-pyjamas eh? Can't help you there but I did see this recently. It's only a concept unfortunately. Or I'd have all three without second thought.

No Caption Provided
    Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bystander

@cyberwarrior:

Yeah, its gotta be the carbonadium armour he's wearing in that variant? If so, great. It's a bit like the armour from VotMK. Only without that stupid score though the moon insignia on his chest, It made him look like Cent Knight or something.

Anyway, I'm glad you agree. I would really like it. If the carb armour was kept and used when Moon Knight had to to take on someone pretty heavy, To me, it has a nice ring to it and we still get to see Moon Knight's original look. Which should always be kept in some way really as it's awesome.

Moon-pyjamas eh? Can't help you there but I did see this recently. It's only a concept unfortunately. Or I'd have all three without second thought.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DanialCarroll

@hit_monkey said:

@cyberwarrior:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I saw those too and was ready to send them all my money... until I read that they were only concept art :(

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79: That aspect really is sad, but at least we have a hope that this will come true!

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit-Monkey,

You want to say somethin` ? :)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Here's the cover for issue 2, pretty smexy

No Caption Provided

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Oooft!!! Very nice and another classic costume sighting! Lending some more credence to my theory maybe?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

Oooft!!! Very nice and another classic costume sighting! Lending some more credence to my theory maybe?

It must make some sort of extended appearance at least

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79: @jonny_anonymous: @cyberwarrior:

You guys see what Axel Alonso tweeted a few days ago?? How awesome does this book look like it's shaping up to be eh? This page left me slackjawed...

No Caption Provided

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bystander

Johny just said everything for me.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberwarrior: I know. Everytime I look at it I get a little excited hahaha

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I can't wait for this series to come out already.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hit_Monkey
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DanialCarroll
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really came to like Detective Flint in the 2006 run and was happy to discover that he's been around (on and off) since 1981, essentially making him one of Moon Knight's primary allies. Most writers are probably scared to use him though due to his Gordon similarity.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.