A Superhero That Nicolas Cage Could Play...

#1 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

MOON KNIGHT FANS CALM DOWN!!! I AM ONE OF YOU!!!! HOWEVER...I am also a Nick Cage fan. Yes, Wicker Man and Ghost Rider (1 and 2) sucked. But look at Leaving Las Vegas, Con Air, Windtalkers, Kick-Ass, Sorcerer's Apprentice and the National Treasure movies. He's not a bad actor, and if there is one thing that Cage can play, it's a crazy, erattic character...And that is just what Moon Knight is. He could be mysterious as MK when he needed to be and batsh*t crazy as MK/Marc Spector when he needed to be. So what do you think...Nicolas Cage as Moon Knight?

#2 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

His Big Daddy & Ghost Riders REALLY sucked tho. So...NO, just no! I wouldn't want Cage to ruin Moon Knight too.

#3 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

His Big Daddy & Ghost Riders REALLY sucked tho. So...NO, just no! I wouldn't want Cage to ruin Moon Knight too.

Big Daddy was really great IMO. Ghost Rider...Again, the exception not the norm. I really love Cage as an actor and really want to see him resurrect his career. Portraying the Fist of Khonshu seems to be a good way to do that.

#4 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17552 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Daddy was pretty solid if not good. No argument about Ghost Rider.

#5 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_lantern_mar_vell said:

Big Daddy was pretty solid if not good. No argument about Ghost Rider.

Exactly what I was thinking. :)

#6 Edited by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Every actor has dud movies, so despite the mentioned Wicker Man and Ghost Rider, I actually like Nicolas Cage. However, I still can't see him as Moon Knight. He does play a good crazy, but as I always say, Moon Knight isn't THAT crazy. Sure he lost it in The Bottom and cut off Bushman's face, but other than that, I wouldn't really call him "crazy". He does also talk to Khonshu, but again, doesn't mean much. I mean, no one is called crazy when they have a conversation with Thor :)

#7 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79: Agreed. There are many different types of crazy that actors have played. I don't think Cage is the type of mentally disturbed that would work for the character.

#8 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

Every actor has dud movies, so despite the mentioned Wicker Man and Ghost Rider, I actually like Nicolas Cage. However, I still can't see him as Moon Knight. He does play a good crazy, but as I always say, Moon Knight isn't THAT crazy. Sure he lost it in The Bottom and cut off Bushman's face, but other than that, I wouldn't really call him "crazy". He does also talk to Khonshu, but again, doesn't mean much. I mean, no one is called crazy when they have a conversation with Thor :)

I see what your saying, but for Nicolas Cage's first movie, I think it would be best for his film future if he was exaggerated in personality. I was thinking my top 3 options would be:

1) Karl Urban

2) Nicolas Cage

3) Adrien Brody

Wonder what @cyberwarrior thinks of this?

#9 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Karl Urban would be great for the role. I've always thought the dude from Supernatural looked the part, but I don't know what he's like in serious roles.

#10 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

No thanks.

#11 Posted by GeoKnowsBest (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Nic Cage is best suited for a superhero that's not supposed to be taken seriously. Like Plastic Man would be good for him or Deadman.

#12 Posted by Dernman (15105 posts) - - Show Bio

It's past Nicolas Cage's time. He should start playing older characters.

#13 Posted by CyberWarrior (1538 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

I see what your saying, but for Nicolas Cage's first movie, I think it would be best for his film future if he was exaggerated in personality. I was thinking my top 3 options would be:

1) Karl Urban

2) Nicolas Cage

3) Adrien Brody

Wonder what

@cyberwarrior

thinks of this?

Thanks for wondering my opinion :) Actually, I would like to say that I'm surprised that people treat Nic like that. He's a great actor and can pull of both: stable, and loony characters. As for him playing MK, unlike other users I actually like this idea.

#14 Posted by consolemaster001 (5598 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#15 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

Nic Cage is best suited for a superhero that's not supposed to be taken seriously. Like Plastic Man would be good for him or Deadman.

Deadman is awesome though! And Nick Cage did do a great job as Big Daddy.

#16 Posted by CyberWarrior (1538 posts) - - Show Bio

@geoknowsbest said:

Deadman is awesome though! And Nick Cage did do a great job as Big Daddy.

Big Daddy?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.