Monsters, Inc 2

Posted by inferiorego (20577 posts) - - Show Bio

Sulley and Mike

Randall Boggs
 According to LatinoReview, Sulley and Mike Wazowski are going to be hitting the big screen once again in Monsters,  Inc 2. Pixar is going sequel crazy! Toy Story 3 hits the theaters this year, Cars 2 (Why?) will come out in 2011, and now Monsters, Inc 2 should be in theater near you in 2012.   

If you haven't seen Monsters, Inc, it is about two monsters (Mike and Sully) who work at a power company. The monster world gets their power by using inter-dimensional doorways, which are actually doors, to travel to the human dimension. The monsters scare the kids because, as we all know, the screams are children are powerful enough to power cities. Mike and Sully soon realize that humans are diseased and dangerous, like they've been taught, and they find a dastardly plan that could hurt human children. It came out on Blu-Ray last year and is for sure worth the cash.  

But where could they go now? I'm sure Mike and Sulley will be in the film again, but will we see the return of the evil Randall Boggs? Keep your eyes glued to CV with more news as it develops. 

Who else is excited for a Monsters, Inc 2 film? What do you want to see? 

~Mat Elfring is a comedian, teacher, comic book store employee, and comic book writer.~
Staff Online
#1 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVED the first movie! And I wanna see Boo back, but i think they'll make her more of an older kid now, but who knows!

#2 Posted by mimschkin (626 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason why they're making Cars 2 was because box office revenue said so. That is all.
I really love Monsters Inc. It's probably my favourite Pixar film, joint with Toy Story. So I say bring it on.

#3 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
AWESOME
#4 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds good. The end of the first film sort of left it on a cliffhanger, I thought this'd happen sooner or later.
#5 Posted by Ikkybooger (69 posts) - - Show Bio

I glad to hear this. But I am disturbed to see that Pixar is going on a three year sequel trip. I love Pixar because of it high quality and inventive stories. I hope these sequels aren't a sign that they're losing it.

#6 Posted by EisforExtinction (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the first movie a bunch. I'll watch any movie if Billy Crystal is in it. 

I don't think Pixar would put out anything that wasn't good. I'm not too worried about the sequel.

#7 Posted by pentagram (312 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant wait.

#8 Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

"Kitty"!!! 
This is exciting!
#9 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Yayyy :D 
I loved Monsters Inc

#10 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

at last!!
ive been waiting for this for ages...

#11 Posted by Kobolt (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Great news!!!...maybe theres hope for an "Incredibles 2" for me yet.
#12 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they out of original ideas? I'm not criticizing them but it looks like they might be out of original ideas and are now looking at already created franchises to add to. I won't complain. Love Monsters, Inc. 

Think maybe it's many years later and the little girl is all grown up? Maybe with a daughter of her own?
#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

finally! I actually LOVED that movie! :D
#14 Posted by coolbeans (253 posts) - - Show Bio

i loved the first one but I'm not quite sure if they could make an equally entertaining sequel
#15 Edited by NightFang (9634 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the first one but I always thought the sequel would have come earlier.

#16 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Monsters Inc. is (if not my first) my second favourite Pixar movie, right behind WALL-E. I'm definitely ready for a sequel. Hope they get the original voice actors back, that'd be great.

#17 Posted by greenenvy (632 posts) - - Show Bio

How about increadables 2!? Any news on that guys?

#18 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

one of the few pixar movies i like, im all for it. wouldnt mind WALL-E 2 or incredibles 2 though

#19 Posted by B A T S (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the first movie.
At the time, it had one of the sweetest, most Poignant endings I could remember.
Psyched to see another one...

#20 Posted by Grim (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

possibly pimp.

#21 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

I've loved this film for years... I recently saw it on Blu-Ray, and it was SO beautiful!!  All the more reason to get a PS3 ;)  I'd love to see more monsters, but I don't know how they can top the first one...

#22 Posted by mapleleafer1212122 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I've got my suspicions, but if it's true, bring it on. I hope they do something more interesting than simply Boo being grown up.

#23 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

i really liked the first monsters inc, but we've got to remember that Pixar has been making tons of money off of all these original ideas like, say, Wall_E.  Or Up.  But now they are totally screwing it up with this Dreamworks go for the sequel craze.  It could cost them at the box office (though 
DreamWork's Ice Age series suggests not), but it will definately cost them with the critics.  and just after their first Oscar nomination.  :(

At least there is still Newt.

#24 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Pixar and sequels? hmmmm I don't know.

#25 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yes! Monsters Inc is one of my favourite pixar films. Cant wait for toy story 3. Id love pixar to do a sequel to the incredibles. make it happen pixar!!

#26 Posted by LauraX23 (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg !!!! 
I've been waiting for the sequel for yeeeeeears!!!
#27 Posted by jakei (58 posts) - - Show Bio

O-M-G 
I WAS TALKING ABOUT HOPING THEYD MAE A NUMBER 2 TODAY !
#28 Posted by Allybal (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if they will bring Boo back or focus on a new 'lost child' or something of that nature? 

either way, I'm betting it will be super cute!

#29 Posted by Tony Rogers (86 posts) - - Show Bio

hello, this is COMICvine not DISNEYvine thank you

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.