Follow

Mongul

Character » Mongul appears in 207 issues.

The cruel conqueror Mongul once roamed the cosmos aboard Warworld, a planet-sized engine of destruction. Invading countless worlds, Mongul enslaved entire populations. Dying at the hands of Neron, his son carries on the family tradition, most recently as a member and would be leader of the Sinestro Corps.

VIllains month and especially Mongul

AAmongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

I don't know about anyone else but i'm very exited about the upcoming Villains month this September. I am most exited about Mongul's return, I like how they made him look, they didn't change too much but they did add some cool things too him. I am confused is it supposed to be Mongul the first or Mongul the second, he looks a lot like the first but the story left off with the second so if anyone can clarify for me it would be appreciated. I am also looking forward to cyborg superman's issue and two face's. Comment your top awaited villain issue down below.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Mongul is a Green Lantern villain now?

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

@aamongul: Though I am very pumped about his return, I'm not to big on his re-design. The green doesn't fit. I am also curious about whether it is Sr or Jr too.

@deaditegonzo: Most of the people that I have seen commenting on his return don't like the idea of that. Though I can understand where there coming from as he was introduced as a Superman villain and his soul purpose was to be physically superior to him.

AAmongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well some of his most popular issues was mongul jr in Green Lantern Corps i think that is were he really belongs in superman he always just gets beaten up almost immediately

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Mongul is a Green Lantern villain now?

he's been one since Hal came back in Rebirth.

AAmongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: My personal favorite issues are when he is part of the sinestro corps and I hope the new 52 brings him back as a corps member of any color but just as long as they dont change anything too dramatically then I will be happy

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aamongul: I love those issues too! They gotta be up there with my other favorite Mongul stories (the pre-crisis ones). I would like too see him come back as a yellow lantern, and I would also like to see him lay the smackdown on Superman like he did Pre-Crisis.

AAmongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: Ya that would be cool but they are probably going to change his whole story around like they have been doing with the batman villains if they do that I will get pissed

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aamongul: Yeah though Jim Starlin the co-creator of Mongul is writing the book so that does make me feel better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.