The history of Monet is unknown, but she is a spy for Valgo on Caesar Clown's plans. She was a normal human who was given wings and legs of a bird while on Punk Hazard Island.
Monet (モネ, Mone) is a supporting character in the One Piece series that was created by Eiichiro Oda. The series first began serialization in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump on August 4, 1997. She would later appear in the Punk Hazard Island Arc that began in Volume 66.
Her first appearance was in splash page on One Piece Volume 67 CH. 657 "Severed Head".
Major Story Arcs
Punk Hazard Island Arc
Monet had left to the fire-side of Punk Hazard to search for the recent intruders. From the distance, she watch as several pirates defeated the giant dragon of Vega Punk and the guards. She flew back to the base and reported that the pirates she saw was the returned Straw Hat Pirates. When Trafalgar Law later asked her to follow him, the pair ran across Vergo. They tied Law up and threw him in a cell with some of the Straw Hats, Vice-Admiral Smoker, and Captain Tashigi. They were all put out to die in the poisonous gas outside, but managed to escape.
Monet protected Caesar Clown from Monkey D.Luffy's assaults, and she told him she had to or Joker, Don Quixote's alias, would kill her. When Luffy escaped her snow trap by crashing through the floor. She left for Biscuit's Room. She tried to stop the Straw hats form taking the children Caesar had been experimenting on, but she was blocked by Roronoa Zoro. She thought she could exploit his unwillingness to attack a woman, then he was joined by Tashigi. Just as Monet was about to defeat Tashigi, Zoro struck at Monet. Zoro suddenly sliced her body in half with his sword. She was in shock but still alive since Zoro hadn't used haki on her snow body. When Monet tired to attack Zoro as he was walking away, Tashigi struck her form behind and defeated her.
Some time later, Monet was injured but still alive. She made her way to one of the labs intended to destroy it and the rest of the island in the explosion. Don Quixote had called later with the same plan. However, before Monet could sacrifice herself. Monet's disembodied heart was struck by someone. She collapsed before she could detonate the lab. Her whereabouts after this are unknown.
Powers & Abilities
Monet is a bird woman of unknown origin. She has the ability to fly. These wings also serve as her arms and hands.
Monet is a skilled sword fighter, and she uses a pair of giant ice picks as her swords. Since being transformed into a Harpy, she hols these blades with her talon feet.
Monet is a user of one of the powerful Logia devil fruit called the Snow-Snow Fruit (ユキユキの実, Yuki-Yuki no Mi). This makes her entire body have the make of of snow, and she can create and manipulate more.
- Snow Hut: The Snow Hut (カマクラ, Kamakura) technique is used when Monet uses her snow powers to form a wall of solid snow that's incredibly strong, but not impenetrable. It does take an incredible amount of force to crack these walls. She can reenforce these walls and surround an opponent to trap them, such as when she attempted to hold back Luffy with the attack Snow Hut - Ten Layers (カマクラ十草紙, Kamakura Jussōshi). This created ten layers of snow, then surrounded his body to kill him with cold by inducing hypothermia.
- Snow Fence: The Snow Fence (雪垣 Yuki Gaki) technique is similar to the Snow Hut, but it's used to create walls to block passageways.
- Eternal Snow: The Eternal Snow (万年雪 Mannen Yuki) attack is uses by Monet transforming her entire body into snow, surrounding her target, and transforms into a monstrous looking harpy for her to bite her enemies. A bite seems to effect the body and rip away a whole segment as if it was changed to snow.
- Snow Sword: The Snow Sword ((たびら雪, Tabira Yuki) technique is an evolution of Monet's powers that hardens the snow over her body to make it as hard as steel. She can then use her entire wing arm to cut like a sword. The Skin Katana (肌刀, Hada Gatana) is a name of the strike Monet uses with this technique.
- Snow Rabbits: The Snow Rabbits (雪兎（ゆきラビ, Yuki Rabi) attack are a barrage of rabbit shaped snowballs that Monet fires from the air, and they like with incredibly force.
- Blizzard: The Blizzard (雪嵐 Fubuki) attack is a tornado of snow that captures and immobilizes her enemies.They are blinded by the snow and vulnerable for any attack.
Weapons and Equipment
Giant Icepick Swords
Monet's weapons are a pair of giant ice picks that she used in her unquie sword fighting.
One Piece (1999)
The One Piece animated series is a direct adaptation of Oda's original manga.. It's produced by TOEI Animation and first began airing in October 20, 1999. Monet's first anime appearance was in One Piece - Episode 581 "The Straw Hats Stunned! Enter: A Samurai's Horrifying Severed Head!", which aired on January 20, 2013 in Japan. Her standard Japanese voice actress is Naoko Matsui, For the U.S. dub produced by FUNimation has yet to announce a voice actress.