Follow

Molten Man

Character » Molten Man appears in 207 issues.

Molten Man is the stepbrother of Liz Allen. He has had several run-ins with Spider-Man. He was recently cured of his condition.

Molten Man: Where to go from here?

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By The Hobgoblin

Over the years, the Molten Man strikes me as someone whom writers have run out of ideas for. They always seem to go back and mine the concept that his powers are out of control and possibly killing him in the process; and then they go and make him in control of his powers again. He even went the heroic route for years. That is, until recently when, again out of control, he gets cured by Harry Osborn. Where does a character like Mark Raxton aka the Molten Man go from here? Should he remain normal, or go back to his gold-skinned ways? And If he would go gold again, should he be a villain or a hero again? I hate to see a good, unique villain go away. So what would you guys do with him? 

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Put him in a high pressure position (like a new job somewhere where he's put his life together) and have certain bad things just happen, each little thing ends up making it worse and worse - give him a gradual transformation back through stress and fear of failure. Then have him meltdown and go on a rampage.  

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @InnerVenom123
    That could work. Perhaps it'd be Smythe's way of getting revenge on Raxton for stealing his father's formula.
    crimeking23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By crimeking23

yeah i like that idea.

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By infonation
    @crimeking23: I want Molten Man to stay a hero, Spider-Man has enough problems without someone he could call a friend going bad again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.