Molly becomes an X-man

#1 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently this year Molly is gonna leave the runaways after that psychic call that Emma Frost sent out. So that basically means the runaways are over. I mean no xavin or molly leaves just a few runaways let. So do you think this is a good idea to bring her into the x-men or should she be left with the runaways?

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=11904
#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
Marvel.com said:
THE STORY: 
When Runaway Molly Hayes responds to the X-Men’s 
psychic invitation welcoming all mutants to a new home in San 
Francisco, she declares it “Moll-ifest Destiny” and heads to the Headlands to investigate! But when she finds herself back-to-back with Wolverine, cornered by a villain with a vendetta, she might find being an X-Man isn’t just secret clubhouses and cool-looking costumes… 
Sounds like it's more of a ploy to get X-Men readers to try Runaways by crossing a character over for an issue.
#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

And it also sounds like she'll be back to Running Away in no time.

#4 Posted by Erik (32269 posts) - - Show Bio

Molly Hayes is pretty interesting. She always says something funny. I do not see how she will fight alongside Wolverine though. She has displayed fear and disgust towards him. Lol.

#5 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Are Molly's parents still alive?

#6 Posted by Erik (32269 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Are Molly's parents still alive?
"
I am not sure. I only have read a few Runaway issues. 
#7 Posted by King Hyperion (3715 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Are Molly's parents still alive?
"
No, they are as dead a doornail.
#8 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

How'd they die again... that monster ate them or something?

#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"I do not see how she will fight alongside Wolverine though. She has displayed fear and disgust towards him. Lol."
She used to dream of marrying him, until she met him for the first time in New York.  With one punch she sent him flying outside of the church and into the street.  Even he couldn't fight a little girl.  

pixelized said:
"How'd they die again... that monster ate them or something?"
Their deaths weren't seen.  It's pretty much assumed that they're dead, but since it wasn't seen then I wouldn't be surprise if the Pride ever did come back from the 'dead'.  But It was either the Gibborim killed them, or they didn't survive the explosion.  
#10 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you much.

#11 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Molly doesn't leave!

She' young and really needs Nico, Chase etc...
as she see's them as brothers and sisters.

#12 Posted by pentagram (312 posts) - - Show Bio
@grimm said:
" Apparently this year Molly is gonna leave the runaways after that psychic call that Emma Frost sent out. So that basically means the runaways are over. I mean no xavin or molly leaves just a few runaways let. So do you think this is a good idea to bring her into the x-men or should she be left with the runaways?
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=11904
"
not to me
#13 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"
erik said:
"I do not see how she will fight alongside Wolverine though. She has displayed fear and disgust towards him. Lol."
She used to dream of marrying him, until she met him for the first time in New York.  With one punch she sent him flying outside of the church and into the street.  Even he couldn't fight a little girl.  

pixelized said:
Their deaths weren't seen.  It's pretty much assumed that they're dead, but since it wasn't seen then I wouldn't be surprise if the Pride ever did come back from the 'dead'.  But It was either the Gibborim killed them, or they didn't survive the explosion.  
"
What if the pride come back instead of Gert, since there "deaths" were never shown. The cover could just mean something else.
#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" I hope Molly doesn't leave!She' young and really needs Nico, Chase etc... as she see's them as brothers and sisters. "
she's not going anywhere.

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
"
erik said:

pixelized said:
"
What if the pride come back instead of Gert, since there "deaths" were never shown. The cover could just mean something else. "
Gert being on the cover leads me to believe she's not the one coming back. Why not just say she is in the solicit if her face is on the issue?
#15 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"
What if the pride come back instead of Gert, since there "deaths" were never shown. The cover could just mean something else. "
Gert being on the cover leads me to believe she's not the one coming back. Why not just say she is in the solicit if her face is on the issue?
"
I think the cover is  just a trick, to bring someone the readers won't expect coming back.
#16 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @AngelFrost said:
" I hope Molly doesn't leave!She' young and really needs Nico, Chase etc... as she see's them as brothers and sisters. "
Yeah, I know, But I'm just replying to these people who want her to be an X-Man.
Molly is practically the heart of the Runaways. They'd never let her go.

#17 Posted by Editman (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do decide to cross her, it will be intresting to see her alongside Frost.

#18 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" @pixelized said:

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"
"
I think the cover is  just a trick, to bring someone the readers won't expect coming back. "
of course.

@AngelFrost said:
" @pixelized said:
" @AngelFrost said:
Yeah, I know, But I'm just replying to these people who want her to be an X-Man.Molly is practically the heart of the Runaways. They'd never let her go. "
who knows, last issue she was pretty mad at nico
#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want Molly as an X-man.F#ck Molly.

#20 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Editman said:
" If they do decide to cross her, it will be intresting to see her alongside Frost. "
happened last year, and two issues ago.
#21 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Molly or Karolina the Runaways would most likely fall apart.

#22 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

why do you say that?

#23 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

well angel frost kinda said why about Molly, but when Karolina came back from her planet with xavin, she basically got the team from killing each other.

#24 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

are you talking about "scatter?"

#25 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" are you talking about "scatter?" "
I'm talking about before Gert died.
#26 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" @pixelized said:
I'm talking about before Gert died. "
oh, i don't remember, but if i had to say there was an irreplaceable member of the team, i'd give that title to Nico. Karolina and Molly could go and everyone would move on, but no one else has really had leadership since they got together the way Nico has.
#27 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" @pixelized said:
I'm talking about before Gert died. "
oh, i don't remember, but if i had to say there was an irreplaceable member of the team, i'd give that title to Nico. Karolina and Molly could go and everyone would move on, but no one else has really had leadership since they got together the way Nico has. "
Your right, i doubt Nico would ever leave the team, and i think the team would never be the same.
#28 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" I don't want Molly as an X-man.F#ck Molly. "
I don't want Molly as an X-Man.  F#ck the X-Men.
#29 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alexander Anderson said:
" @Vance Astro said:
I don't want Molly as an X-Man.  F#ck the X-Men. "
blasphemy 
#30 Edited by knurlagn (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Molly isn't becoming an x  
Apparently there was some mental loud speaker rallying mutants and she went to shut them up
after some censored carnage 
and some reconciliation with wolfy  
she meets back up with the runaways 
case closed
#31 Posted by TheOriginalRunaway (4 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alexander Anderson said:
" @Vance Astro said:
I don't want Molly as an X-Man.  F#ck the X-Men."

I wouldn't take it that far- I do love the X-Men, but I like the Runaways a lot more than I like them. The X-Men are just getting so... angsty. Which is kinda sad, because the Runaways are a group of teenagers who have a better team dynamic, and less angst. I mean, they still have angst, but they're much better at dealing with it than most adult superheroes. 

Which is another reason why I love the Runaways.
#32 Posted by Kairan1979 (16723 posts) - - Show Bio

With her dreams to become a superheroine, it makes more sense fom Molly Hayes to become an Avenger.

#33 Edited by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

So Molly didn't become an X-men member? I hope she will.

#34 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@pixelized

said:

"

@AngelFrost

said:

Yeah, I know, But I'm just replying to these people who want her to be an X-Man.

Molly is practically the heart of the Runaways. They'd never let her go.

So umm isn't she somehow connected with the Avenger's Academy?

#35 Posted by daredevil21134 (11462 posts) - - Show Bio

She should stay with the Runaways

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.